Rangers Fan with a Calder race question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwOOsh*

Le Golie said:
I'm not a Pens fan or a QMJHL homer, and you are totally wrong.

My stereotype fits 95% of the time atleast. And I am totally right ask around and you'll see. In the Crosby is a whiner threads fans from every team tell of their accounts of Crosby's antics and those defending him? Two groups QMJHL, and Pens homers.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Evilo said:
Pens : 3 for 9 on PP.
Rangers : 3 for 9 on the PP.

And let's not forget the penalty at the end of regulation that gave the Rangers a tie.

You're right we were given the game.

Are you kidding me? The Pen penalties were at least LEGIT.

Two 5 on 3's? I'm taking you didn't see the Malik call. They showed a replay as to WHY he was called. And that was ****ing ********. You take that away, Rozsival doesn't get the penalty and WE probably win the game.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
tom_servo said:
All those Crosby critics on the Rangers board, and the only post in the gamethread mentioning any diving was your own.

Fascinating.

Well, you Pens fans wouldn't want your golding boy getting any tarnish on him now would you?

Crosby dives like Greg Loughenis. One day someone is going to bust HIS head open and it'll be nice to watch someone give him some retribution for the cheap crap he pulls all the time on the ice. He is CLASSLESS, as far as I'm concerened. The "next ambassador" should be someone full of class and not a whiney POS.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
pei fan said:
:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:
I don't know if you've been paying attention but since they brought the minor leaguers up to the Pens and played them with Crosby both he and the Pens have been playing they're best hockey.

I watch a hell of a lot of Pens games, thank you very much.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

Til the End of Time

May 18, 2003
Santa Monica, CA
Visit site
Jon Prescription said:
One day someone is going to bust HIS head open and it'll be nice to watch someone give him some retribution for the cheap crap he pulls all the time on the ice. He is CLASSLESS, as far as I'm concerened.

We're still waiting for that to happen to Kovalchuk.

Jon Prescription said:
ANY time something doesn't go write he goes and sulks off the ice and then yells and cries.

Could you please elaborate on Crosby sulking off the ice?

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
EroCaps said:
You don't think playing w/Palffy, Recchi, Gonchar is a huge advantage compared to playing w/Chris Clark, Zubrus, and Martin Biron? Yikes!

30+ games of watching Ovechkin 1v3 and managing what he's done is incredible stuff. If he gets hot he's within reach of the Richard and could finish the year w/a 25-35 goal gap between him and the 2nd leading scorer on the Caps. All while being the most complete prospect in how long?

It'll take a lot for me to sway my Calder vote at midpoint.
There's no comparison and I'm not trying to sway your vote. In fact AO has my vote too. I'm just saying that those big names have fed off of playing with Crosby instead of his feeding off of them.

Jeff Goldblum

Apr 19, 2002
Visit site
Jon Prescription said:
Oh sweet! Some article that tells me about how "unfair" poor Crosby has it in the league. Niiiice.

He's a whiney little *****. ANY time he doesn't get a call, he goes and cries to the refs. ANY time something doesn't go write he goes and sulks off the ice and then yells and cries.

Do you sit around and wait for opportunities to harass Crosby? Or anything Pittsburgh related? Seriously. Grow up.

daikan

(╯︵╰,)
Oct 28, 2005
Berlin
Balej's Dance said:
This deals with the Calder, not a hard concept to understand. Its about rookies. Ovechkin and Crosby are two rookies along with Lundqvist are in the running for the Calder.

Yea, while I can understand how Ovechkin and Crosby have something to do with Lundqvist and the race for the Calder, the Ovechkin vs Crosby "fight" itself really doesn't have a lot to do with this topic. There are plenty of topics on that subject already. Plus, I figured comments like this one below doesn't belong in this topic either.

Crease29 said:
He dove twice today...

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Jon Prescription said:
Are you kidding me? The Pen penalties were at least LEGIT.

Two 5 on 3's? I'm taking you didn't see the Malik call. They showed a replay as to WHY he was called. And that was ****ing ********. You take that away, Rozsival doesn't get the penalty and WE probably win the game.

Ignore the score for a moment. The Rags were outplayed in every facet of the game tonight. Virtually the entire evening. If the score reflected the play on the ice it would have been five or six to one if not worse. I was at the game and the two teams were not even close tonight. For this one night. Most teams fans can admit that their team was not in the same league on a given night. Apparently not all though. Based on the play of the two teams, the Rags did not even deserve the point that they got tonight and were lucky to get it. What in the world given how outplayed you all were through three periods makes you think that you were 'robbed' or that the result would surely have differed absent those two penalties? Your team had an off night and the Pens were really on. Grow a pair and admit that everytime you lose it is not the refs stealing one from you.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
David A. Rainer said:
Arguments about preseason hype aside...

I think because what Ovechkin and Crosby are doing offensively is stealing the show. But just behind Ovechkin and Crosby are Lundqvist and Svatos.

Both Crosby and Ovechkin are in the top 25 in league scoring. When was the last time any rookie finished the year in the Top 25 in scoring? (I'm sure there is someone out there that will look this up)

Didn't Kovalchuk and Heatley get up there pretty good?

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
Each of them have awesome skills and talent. Each one of them are greater than the other in some aspect of the game ....

Sidney Crosby = Alexander Ovechkin

Wow, I must be the first to say that ...
-------------------------------------------------------------

For the Calder race, the season is not over yet and it's to soon to call a winner,

Sidney Crosby
Henrik Lundqvist
Alexander Ovechkin
Dion Phaneuf
Petr Prucha
Marek Svatos

are all legit contender and maybe the last 50 games will raise another rookie for the pack. Injury can also be a factor, I remember a couple of years ago when Ilya Kovalchuk was on good pace to win the Calder, but get injured a month before the end of the year. Dany Heatley win it in front of him and Kristian Huselius.

I like what I'm seeing so far. The NHL is full of high potential talent.

Last edited:

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
EagleBelfour said:
Each of them have awesome skills and talent. Each one of them are greater than the other in some aspect of the game ....

Sidney Crosby = Alexander Ovechkin

Wow, I must be the first to say that ...

Not the first. Honest fans, even those who root for Caps or Pens, have said as much throughout the year. They just get drowned out. But right now, I can not see how anyone can say that either has any noticable edge on the other that is very obvious. Both are amazing. Somehow though some are so insecure that they feel the need to tear the other down to pimp the one they support. I just do not get it. Actually the tearing down only goes one way though, doesn't it? I can not remember seeing a 'Crosby is better than (fill in the blank)' let alone Crosby > AO thread on the Pens board. Maybe there was one sometime, I doubt it but maybe. However, I see the opposite comparing pick your favorite prospect vs. Crosby everywhere. Why that need? No clue but it gets old.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Boris the Blade said:
Do you sit around and wait for opportunities to harass Crosby? Or anything Pittsburgh related? Seriously. Grow up.

Let's just say a lot of people apparantly agree with me.

Last edited:

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Jaded-Fan said:
Ignore the score for a moment. The Rags were outplayed in every facet of the game tonight. Virtually the entire evening. If the score reflected the play on the ice it would have been five or six to one if not worse. I was at the game and the two teams were not even close tonight. For this one night. Most teams fans can admit that their team was not in the same league on a given night. Apparently not all though. Based on the play of the two teams, the Rags did not even deserve the point that they got tonight and were lucky to get it. What in the world given how outplayed you all were through three periods makes you think that you were 'robbed' or that the result would surely have differed absent those two penalties? Your team had an off night and the Pens were really on. Grow a pair and admit that everytime you lose it is not the refs stealing one from you.

Look. Lundqvist was a wall tonight. He WAS our team tonight (outside the play of a select few). I definately give props to Therrien for turning the team around for you guys and I hope he continues to DO so. It'd be nice to have some more rivalries, and it's clear that one is forming. Yeah, the Rags were outplayed for the most part tonight but if you take away those few absolute ******** penalties that I had went over prior, the Pens would've had two goals erased from their score and the Rangers would've MOST LIKELY (had something else not happened) won the game.

I NEVER blame the refs on the Rangers losing, ever. I try not to go there and would rather say they were outplayed (which they definately were tonight). So it's definately quite silly or stupid of you to bring up something that I really don't do and try to avoid...

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Jon Prescription said:
Look. Lundqvist was a wall tonight. He WAS our team tonight (outside the play of a select few). I definately give props to Therrien for turning the team around for you guys and I hope he continues to DO so. It'd be nice to have some more rivalries, and it's clear that one is forming. Yeah, the Rags were outplayed for the most part tonight but if you take away those few absolute ******** penalties that I had went over prior, the Pens would've had two goals erased from their score and the Rangers would've MOST LIKELY (had something else not happened) won the game.

I NEVER blame the refs on the Rangers losing, ever. I try not to go there and would rather say they were outplayed (which they definately were tonight). So it's definately quite silly or stupid of you to bring up something that I really don't do and try to avoid...

Rangers coach Tom Renney described Malik as "an emotional guy" who "wants badly to win," but neither he nor his players complained about the calls that went against them.

"We were talking too much and we flipped the puck over the boards," Jagr said. "We deserved those penalties."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06001/630953.stm

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Leachmeister2000 said:
You're one bitter Rags fan.

I'm definately bitter after this game. I'm not a fan of idiots who run their mouths. I was never a huge fan of Barnaby like a lot of Ranger fans are. He was fun, but was constantly running his lips. I'd prefer players to just shut up and play the game -- something that Crosby has yet to learn to do.

PensFan27

Mar 24, 2003
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
EroCaps said:
You don't think playing w/Palffy, Recchi, Gonchar is a huge advantage compared to playing w/Chris Clark, Zubrus, and Martin Biron? Yikes
This is a serious question, have you watched Gonchar play at all this year? Also, Im pretty sure AO plays like 5 more minutes per game then Sid, and also if you think WASH has ahlers but we dont your crazy. Crosby has been playing with Christensen ever since he got called up, and a couple weeks ago surovy got called up and is now on Sidneys line. Now go look up their stats playing with Crosby.

Jeff Goldblum

Apr 19, 2002
Visit site
Jon Prescription said:
I'm not a fan of idiots who run their mouths.

But you are one?

Just because 'alot of people' agree with you does not make you right. You blatantly attack anything Pittsburgh, even if your argument is baseless. If Crosby were on the Rangers...

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Jon Prescription said:
I NEVER blame the refs on the Rangers losing, ever. (...) So it's definately quite silly or stupid of you to bring up something that I really don't do and try to avoid...
Jon Prescription said:
but the refs basically handed you the game.
:confused:

NYRGoalieGlut*

Jaded-Fan said:

Seriously I'll admit we were outplayed, but if you think that the game should've been 6-1 you're blind. You looked at the shots too much. The only reason that the Pens had so many more shots is because they actually hit the net. The Rangers were in the Pens zone as often as the Pens were in the Rangers' and I wouldn't say that the Pens had too many more chances, although we gave up a bunch of odd man rushes. The game was not even close to as lopsided as Pens fans want to believe. Besides it really doesn't matter how well the Pens played if the team has a chance to win and the ref steals the game, who cares if they were outplayed? Teams shouldn't be awarded a game just because they outplayed another. If the Pens outplayed us so much why did they score as many as us in regulation? The ref screwed us because he made himself bigger than the game, because he's a girl and is too sensitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad