Rangers Fan with a Calder race question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Entrancemperium

Jul 30, 2005
eff Crosby I hope someone injures him.

and here come the goody two shoes........................... he needs to get knocked on his ***

friction

5-14-6-1
Nov 17, 2003
Calgary
Ovechkin SHOULD win and if he doesn't, it's an absolute travesty. Don't get me wrong, Crosby will be better very very soon, but Ovechkin is 2 years older than him. 2 years!

Then again, if Crosby scores the same amount of points this year, he should win, for those very same reasons.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Crease29 said:
If he didn't dive right before his "non-penalty" check-from-behind on Kaspar, looks like your boy-wonder needs to work on balance and skating. :sarcasm:

Seriously. First assists did not matter only goals. Then he complains too much. Then he dives. On and on and on. Keep fishing, obviously you all need something to get over how the lottery in August went. If I am wrong then why does the whining about the Kid keep morphing? He answers one criticism on the ice and here at HF . . . only here at HF . . . you find another way to demonize the kid. It was obvious from August on since those balls dropped there was an agenda on these boards against Crosby. If it gives you the warm and fuzzies keep believing those idiocies that keep springing up, feel free because he is going to haunting your teams for years to come.

Entrancemperium

Jul 30, 2005
Why do people keep defending him!? Was it a brave move to check Kasparitis fraom behind? I hope he gets steam rolled soon, maybe he'll cry on Mario's shoulder and ask for him to make the bad go away :sarcasm:

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Balej's Dance said:
Why's that? Because talent can set him up with great passes and talent can finish his passes. Don't overlook that next time Ovechkin feeds his center Brooks Laich for a goal. Or when he converts a pass from Matheiu Biron. He does it ALONE.

What's scary (and sad) is that Ovechkin is the Caps leading scorer by 22 points. He has 44, next up is Halpern with 22. Goal wise, the next closest are 3 players tied with 8

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Cush said:
What's scary (and sad) is that Ovechkin is the Caps leading scorer by 22 points. He has 44, next up is Halpern with 22. Goal wise, the next closest are 3 players tied with 8

I'm sad he's not on the Rangers. I love him. This guy is a better version of Mark Messier.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Extinguisher said:
Ovechkin SHOULD win and if he doesn't, it's an absolute travesty. Don't get me wrong, Crosby will be better very very soon, but Ovechkin is 2 years older than him. 2 years!

Then again, if Crosby scores the same amount of points this year, he should win, for those very same reasons.

Well, I don't think age should really be a factor in Calder voting. If Ovechkin's better, he's better.

But we're not even 40 games into the season and we're saying Ovechkin should win? Crosby's a couple of hot games away from taking over the rookie scoring lead once again.

NYRGoalieGlut*

Chuck Norris said:
lets see crosby won the crosby vs ovechkin game... now he scores the game winning ot goal in the crosby vs lundquist game....... thats why

It's two games, who cares? Besides, he had an empty net it wasn't a big deal, the nicer play was the pass to Surovy for the first goal. Honestly just because he played against two other highly touted rookies doesn't make these games more important. In fact they have no importance other than making the Pens draft position worse. This game did actually matter for the Rangers though and Lundqvist probably is the second biggest reason for that. Oh and by the way if you're going to go by one game, where was Crosby in the last 2 games against the Rangers (both the Pens scored only 1 goal in, albeit one was against Weekes, which is actually more pathetic). I don't like this thing, oh he played one or two good games that means that he's better. Maybe if the Pens were in playoff contention and Crosby had a big game that mattered then you can go by one game.

NYRGoalieGlut*

Balej's Dance said:
I'm sad he's not on the Rangers. I love him. This guy is a better version of Mark Messier.

He's not as good of a passer as Mess.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Cush said:

That impresses me, too. Goalscoring is just as lopsided, with Ovechkin leading his team 22-8 before today's game.

I do think that Crosby's performance relative to his team is a bit overlooked, though. While not as gaudy as Ovechkin's dominance, Crosby is supposedly playing with all-star talent... yet has led them in each offensive category for most of the season, a lead which only grows.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Spooky371 said:
But a thing its sure its that if Svatos have his great season last season he won the calder, same thing for Lundqvist, same thing for Phaneuf and probably same thing for Prucha too.

This year its awesome

I don't think they all would've won Calders last season.

:sarcasm:

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Jon Prescription said:
You still can't say that Crosby is doing as much as Ovechkin is. Ovechkin is litterally playing with a few minor leaguers and is STILL dominating on the ice. Crosby at least has the supporting cast to make it a bit easier for him.
:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:
I don't know if you've been paying attention but since they brought the minor leaguers up to the Pens and played them with Crosby both he and the Pens have been playing they're best hockey.

SwOOsh*

Jaded-Fan said:
Seriously. First assists did not matter only goals. Then he complains too much. Then he dives. On and on and on. Keep fishing, obviously you all need something to get over how the lottery in August went. If I am wrong then why does the whining about the Kid keep morphing? He answers one criticism on the ice and here at HF . . . only here at HF . . . you find another way to demonize the kid. It was obvious from August on since those balls dropped there was an agenda on these boards against Crosby. If it gives you the warm and fuzzies keep believing those idiocies that keep springing up, feel free because he is going to haunting your teams for years to come.

What a bunch of ********. In August eveyone was on the Crosby bandwagon and everyone seen Ovechkin as a selfish, immature player because of the WJC. Then the NHL season started and everyone soon realized what a whiny diving ***** Crosby really is. The only people that stand up for him are Penguins homers and QMJHL homers. You have fans from many different NHL teams disliking Crosby for his diving and *****ing yet you homers think its a "myth", well it isn't were all seeing it. And if you look the only ones who dont are the Pens homers and QMJHL homers.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
SwOOsh said:
What a bunch of ********. In August eveyone was on the Crosby bandwagon and everyone seen Ovechkin as a selfish, immature player because of the WJC. Then the NHL season started and everyone soon realized what a whiny diving ***** Crosby really is. The only people that stand up for him are Penguins homers and QMJHL homers. You have fans from many different NHL teams disliking Crosby for his diving and *****ing yet you homers think its a "myth", well it isn't were all seeing it. And if you look the only ones who dont are the Pens homers and QMJHL homers.

Oh really? :sarcasm:

A good article on the unfair criticsm's history.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Pittsburgh/2005/12/27/1369892-sun.html

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
tom_servo said:
That impresses me, too. Goalscoring is just as lopsided, with Ovechkin leading his team 22-8 before today's game.

I do think that Crosby's performance relative to his team is a bit overlooked, though. While not as gaudy as Ovechkin's dominance, Crosby is supposedly playing with all-star talent... yet has led them in each offensive category for most of the season, a lead which only grows.
Plus he's done the dirty work for his linemates. Crosby playing with stars is pretty over rated when most of the Pens hardly showed up for the first 30 games. That being said AO gets my Calder vote. He's unreal on and off of the ice. Both he and SC are everything the NHL needs for future stars.

As for Lundqvist, the guy is just awesome and I've been a fan for a few years now. I really don't see any weakness in his game and he seems like a great person too.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
SwOOsh said:

Not to further stir to pot but I have to agree with this. The best part is that the Pen fans think it is all "jealousy" when someone complains about his poor attitude. :sarcasm:

daikan

(╯︵╰,)
Oct 28, 2005
Berlin
Wow, people can convert just about any thread into Crosby vs. Ovechkin, can't they? I say, Steven Goertzen >> Both of them! :propeller

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
daikan said:
Wow, people can convert just about any thread into Crosby vs. Ovechkin, can't they? I say, Steven Goertzen >> Both of them! :propeller

This deals with the Calder, not a hard concept to understand. Its about rookies. Ovechkin and Crosby are two rookies along with Lundqvist are in the running for the Calder.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
#66 said:
Crosby playing with stars is pretty over rated when most of the Pens hardly showed up for the first 30 games. .

You don't think playing w/Palffy, Recchi, Gonchar is a huge advantage compared to playing w/Chris Clark, Zubrus, and Martin Biron? Yikes!

30+ games of watching Ovechkin 1v3 and managing what he's done is incredible stuff. If he gets hot he's within reach of the Richard and could finish the year w/a 25-35 goal gap between him and the 2nd leading scorer on the Caps. All while being the most complete prospect in how long?

It'll take a lot for me to sway my Calder vote at midpoint.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
EroCaps said:
You don't think playing w/Palffy, Recchi, Gonchar is a huge advantage compared to playing w/Chris Clark, Zubrus, and Martin Biron? Yikes!

30+ games of watching Ovechkin 1v3 and managing what he's done is incredible stuff. If he gets hot he's within reach of the Richard and could finish the year w/a 25-35 goal gap between him and the 2nd leading scorer on the Caps. All while being the most complete prospect in how long?

It'll take a lot for me to sway my Calder vote at midpoint.
Have you seen Gonchar play and Crosby had only played on a line with Recchi and Palffy for 1 complete game I believe(they were good so Edzo switched them :dunno: ).He's played just as well or better with the call ups from WBS but he is also playing steady with Palffy now(and Surovy).He hadn't played much with Gonchar but that's a good thing.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
SwOOsh said:

I'm not a Pens fan or a QMJHL homer, and you are totally wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad