Proposal: Rangers-Ducks (Nash/Fowler)

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Yes, Nash is better defensively then a top 3 Selke award nominee. :sarcasm:

This is getting ridiculous. If Nash can score 40 goals, is better than Kesler defensively and isn't a playoff no-show, then he's more then worth his 8M+ contract and you should keep him. This thread is officially a ****ing joke.

He is worth his contract, I think you're finally starting to get it!

That doesn't mean keeping him does anything for the Rangers in their current state.

mytduxfan*

He is worth his contract, I think you're finally starting to get it!

That doesn't mean keeping him does anything for the Rangers in their current state.

Nash hasn't been worth his contract for 2 of the passed 3 seasons. Funny how you're suggesting NYR should blow it up, yet only the overpaid crap on your team is available. Get back to me when Kreider and McDonagh are available. We have no interest in Nash, I doubt anyone does.

nexusrage21

Dec 14, 2004
My favorite part of this thread is learning that Ranger fans have been arguing that McIlrath was better than Fowler since the draft.

I guess I was misreading all the posts all those years.

I don't think even the people who didn't hate the pick said that.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
My favorite part of this thread is learning that Ranger fans have been arguing that McIlrath was better than Fowler since the draft.

I guess I was misreading all the posts all those years.

I don't think even the people who didn't hate the pick said that.

I mean, they could go back and read the draft thread, if they had a mind to do so.

Almost everyone wanted Tarasenko, first and foremost, since we needed offense.

But, if we had to go D, people wanted Fowler or, to a lesser extent, Gormley.

How this is relevant to a Nash/Fowler thread, I have no idea. I think it was first brought up by posters trying to flame me for my username.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Nash hasn't been worth his contract for 2 of the passed 3 seasons. Funny how you're suggesting NYR should blow it up, yet only the overpaid crap on your team is available. Get back to me when Kreider and McDonagh are available. We have no interest in Nash, I doubt anyone does.

When did I say that other than this fantasy land you can't seem to break out of?

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Even if Ranger GM Jeff Gorton was willing to retain 50% of Nashes contract at $3.9 million this deal still doesn't make sense for Anaheim they can get a far better deal elsewhere for Cam Fowler.

If the Rangers were eating 50% of Nash's contract, I can't imagine they'd be doing it to get Fowler back. A LHD we don't need is lousy enough, let alone a LHD who we're essentially paying nearly $8M to for the next two seasons.

We can debate Fowler's worth and ability until the cows come home, but the point remains that he doesn't serve any need for the Rangers.

xxreact9

Jun 4, 2012
Rangers pass. No need for a LD, no interest in Fowler or heavily downgrading from Nash to Silverberg

Thanks for your personal opinion, but every GM to ever be hired in any sport would accept this trade instantly from a Rangers perspective.

Really bad for Anaheim here.

irishsetter13

Jan 24, 2016
this reply rejected as non responsive to the ? and being your subjective opinion, not fact.

I repeat

Kreider and Skjei are superior skaters.
I said that factually true statement
Would take heavy overpayment for NY to move.
And this is in error because?....

show why this is not factually true.
Otherwise I was right and you were..... not!

Fowler is one of the smoothest skaters in the league. There's no way you can say that Kreider and Skjei (a player with 7 NHL games...) is a superior skater to Fowler.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Fowler is one of the smoothest skaters in the league. There's no way you can say that Kreider and Skjei (a player with 7 NHL games...) is a superior skater to Fowler.

I'm not plussed by Fowler at this point.
I can overlook you not being as aware of Skjei, who we project to be McDonagh smooth on skating, but KREIDER?

Give or take he is the 2nd fastest in the league behind Larkin, and can bring it like a freight train.

You're telling me Fowler can top that?

And people talk about my homerism:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
Even if Fowler wasn't extremely overrated, he's still really bad at what the Ranger's defense is really bad at, and that is supressing shots/scoring chances. Would much rather Nash than Fowler.

irishsetter13

Jan 24, 2016
I can overlook you not being as aware of Skjei, who we project to be McDonagh smooth on skating, but KREIDER?

Give or take he is the 2nd fastest in the league behind Larkin, and can bring it like a freight train.

You know....Speed isnt everything with skating. Mason Raymond is incredibly fast but cant turn worth a damn. And its hard to believe that Kreider is faster than both Hagelin and Cogliano.

Cam Fowler is a smooth skater. Hes fast but he can make quick turns and just moves gracefully. I would take that over a freight train that cant turn worth a damn.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

Kreider is a straight away speed skater. He didn't say Fowler was faster. Kreider's east /west skating is not nearly as good as other top skaters. His stop and goes aren't top notch either. He's an extremely fast straight away skater, quite possibly the fastest at just straight away speed. He takes long, powerful strides. McDonagh is a better skater than Kreider.

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Even if Fowler wasn't extremely overrated, he's still really bad at what the Ranger's defense is really bad at, and that is supressing shots/scoring chances. Would much rather Nash than Fowler.

So even if Fowler wasn't bad, he would still be bad, because he's still bad at the thing he's bad at?

my-head-hurts-gif.gif

btlaffin

Deathbat
Jun 30, 2013
Literally want nothing to do with Fowler so no.

Nash is better defensively than Kesler so wtf are you on about?

You just single-handedly tarnished credibility of all Rangers fans for me. I can't believe this thread is still going.

Yemeth

Feb 3, 2013
Zagreb
This thread is comedy gold, fantastic (subscribed!). Almost on the level of the Teemu thread with the goal total that is unacceptable.

On a serious note, I am everything but a fan of Fowler, but would rather buy out Bieksa and protect Fowler, than let him go for less than a very good, young and cost controlled forward. He is already underrated on the Ducks board, but he is even more underrated around here, interesting.

Fowler, IMO, is a #2 d-men, fantastic skater, average shot (that additionally does not find the net enough of times), able to carry his partner and adapt his play to him (the reason he is not jumping the play is not because he has not the tools for it, but because he is not playing with partners that allow him to do it without getting burned) and dislikes contact way too much for a d-men (for me this is his only serious flaw). I remember a joke interview when Fowler was asked "Ben Lovejoy or Nick Lidstrom?", so it seems the players around him are also quite aware of his partner (and I was and still am a Lovejoy fan, but he is not a top 4 d-men).

Now to add something the humour side, I was for it that we trade Vatanen+ for Girardi a few seasons back, so maybe Fowler really sucks when I think of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad