Rangers drop into bottom 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
I wouldnt like to see the Rangers win the lottery. They already have a significant advantage over most teams with their spending power and that lottery pick could make all the difference in the world to a small team struggling to establish itself. If New York doesnt get Ovechkin, oh well they wont blink an eye and opt for getting Jagr instead. Most others dont have that option.

I'm feeling extremely giddy that Phoenix is currently No.5. The Coyotes have never once had a top 10 pick, let alone a top 5. If you count the Jets, they have only had two top 10 picks since 1990 - Aaron Ward (1991 - 5th) and Shane Doan (1995-7th). Twice they have tried to set themselves up to rebuild with two 1st round picks and it turns out those draft classes were quite possibly the worst two in recent history. You'd expect a heck of a lot more from four first round picks but 1996 and 2002 sucked so we ended up with Focht & Briere (1996) and Eager and Koreis (2002). For years the Coyotes and Jets have been stuck in a cycle of mediocracy.. not good enough to succeed in the playoffs and not bad enough to draft a superstar. Winning the lottery would be a good way to break out of that since I have my doubts that the no.5/6 guy (Schremp? Wolski?) could be the franchise player we need.

If I had to pick another team, I would probably opt for Pittsburgh. Columbus already has *three* studs in Nash, Klesla and Zherdev. Washington blatantly tanked when their high-spending plan failed so dont deserve it. Chicago gets the pity vote since their fans deserve something good. Just dont let Florida get it! heh Anyway Malkin sounds like a pretty nice consolation prize.

Steve Latin*

in the hall said:
It's a little difficult to root for our team when they are not even playing. It was a kind offer from leaf fans and since we have no one to root for other then the typical teams against our rivals (Isles, Devs and Flyers) why not root for the leafs since our favorite and best player ever was moved to that franchise primarily to win a cup and since most of us had already decided on rooting for them once Leetch was traded and it became apparent our season was over, why not take up the offer as a kind gesture to them for their treatment of our best and favorite player. It's nothing to start a fuss over, seems you are just looking for something to criticize because of your failing arguments on the actual topic.

If they are "failing arguments" why has nobody refuted them with a sensible response?

S L

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
I really couldn't care less as to where he goes.

If I had to pick I'd say Chicago, but Wirtz would probably trade him after being deemed "too expensive".

roast

Mar 3, 2004
Pittsburgh
George Harrison said:
You have got to be kidding me. The pens have to be the worst organization for draft/development. Dome/Hillier/Wells/Morozov/Kraft/Beech etc are all examples of how much the pens suck in this area.

Dome yes, Hiller yes, Morozov no, kraft (finally coming around). Beech i would say give another year. I should have been more specific, i didn't limit this to pens draft choices. They got Lang, Kovy, Straka again, etc. Kovy was pretty much proven talent, but he had his best years thus far in pittsburgh. What about Orpik, Koltsov, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->