Rangers drop into bottom 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowtron

Feb 27, 2002
Earth
roast said:
Would you rather watch a team of over paid superstars who can't win? or a team that works hard and at least makes the majority of games intresting? I'd go insane if I was a rangers fan.

The Pens have won 15 times this season. The games weren’t too interesting. The Pens are like a dog that’s just been hit by a car. Its body is broken and twisted and you try to cover your ears to keep from hearing its wailing screams of pain. All anybody wants is for the league to shoot this animal in the head and put it out of its misery.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
roast said:
The pens generate far more intrest than the rangers. like servo said above, revenue sharing / salary cap is the way to go. Don't hate the pens for developing players becuase the rangers can't.

:joker:

What kind of hallucinogenic drugs are you on? and can I have some?

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
roast said:
Don't hate the pens for developing players becuase the rangers can't.

They have done a fantastic job cultivating an elite group of AHL talent.

The pens developing NHL players??? When? Where? maybe 10+ years ago.

West

Mar 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
in the hall said:
these comments baffle me.. and here i thought the rangers sucked all these years but some how this team after missing the playoffs for 7 straight years does not deserve to win the lottery.. greed is sad.. jealousy is even sadder.....

and being judged by your actions is saddest of all apparently.

Seriously the Rangers have been a poster child of what's wrong with the league for years. I realize that you're a fan but take the blinders off.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Actually...

West said:
and being judged by your actions is saddest of all apparently.

Seriously the Rangers have been a poster child of what's wrong with the league for years. I realize that you're a fan but take the blinders off.

the Rangers are example of how not to build a team. What's wrong with the league is an entirely different matter - overexpansion, short-sided greed of the owners, dilution of talent, little exposure in the US, not to mention the obstruction on the ice, the reduction of star player power in the league - none of this stems from the Rangers.

in the hall

Mar 4, 2004
roast said:
Would you rather watch a team of over paid superstars who can't win? or a team that works hard and at least makes the majority of games intresting? I'd go insane if I was a rangers fan.
ill try to lay it easy but how can u say that when the penguins probably draw the least amount of interest of every team in the nhl.. a bankrupt team that is on the verge of contraction versus a rich team in the middle of one of the biggest sports markets in the world with players that sell... hmm well lets just put things into perspective... rangers are averaging probably around 13-15k in attendance per game this year.. pens probably cant break 5k....

Davisian

Feb 27, 2002
Broomfield, CO
Visit site
Handsome B. Wonderful said:
They deserve the pick far before some team who just doesn't try.

A team who just doesn't try to field an NHL team deserves a pick before a team that tried to deliver top notch talent to its fans (and failed miserably)???

Hmmm..

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
Davisian said:
A team who just doesn't try to field an NHL team deserves a pick before a team that tried to deliver top notch talent to its fans (and failed miserably)???

Hmmm..

First the Rag$ try to buy their way into the playoffs... that didn't work, so now they're gonna try to steal their way into the playoffs. By stealing Ovechkin from the poor little Penguins. Can't you big bad New Yorkers just GO BACK HOME!!

This post brought to you by the Hate On The Rag$ Foundation.

Last edited:

Davisian

Feb 27, 2002
Broomfield, CO
Visit site
Postman said:
First the Rag$ try to buy their way into the playoffs... that didn't work, so now they're gonna try to steal their way into the playoffs. By stealing Ovechkin from the poor little Penguins. Can't you big bad New Yorkers just GO BACK HOME!!

You know too much. Prepare for a visit..

Shadowtron

Feb 27, 2002
Earth
Postman said:

This post brought to you by the Hate On The Rag$ Foundation.

So let me get this straight, the Rangers are wrong for never wanting to rebuild, and they're also wrong for wanting to rebuild. Wow...doesn't leave them with many options.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I would rather see the Flyers win the Cup and then trade a scrub to the Penguins for the top pick in the draft and Marc-Andre Fleury than have the Rangers win the lottery.

No offense intended to Ranger fans, in fact I feel just as bad for Ranger fans as any fan of a bad team.

88Nords19

Apr 7, 2003
Alma
Visit site
Hell yeah.

The Penguins have been putting up with this **** for three years and are going through one of the worst seasons in recent memory...and a team that had the second highest payroll at the start of the year wins the lottery and steals Ovechkin from us?

I would kill myself.

I could stand if Washington or Chicago won, even Columbus, I'd be PO'ed but at least those fans have put up with a bad team all season.

Can understand the Pens fans feeling like they deserve Ovechkin, but since they were already lucky enough to get Mario (by purposely tanking) and in theory have something of a saviour in Marc-Andre Fleury it woudn't bother me if another team in dire straights like Chicago got Ovechkin. Not a Chicago fan by any stretch but their fans have been thru a lot too.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I wouldn't have a problem with the Blackhawks winning the lottery and getting Ovechkin.

I do have a major problem with the Rangers winning the lottery and getting Ovechkin though.

And it's never been proven the Penguins tanked 83-84 :teach:

roast

Mar 3, 2004
Pittsburgh
In fairness to rangers fans, i overreacted, sorry. However i just don't see how it would be fair if the Rangers dumped everyone and suddenly got 1st overall. I think its pretty obvious to everyone that the pens just don't win.They've gone 4-2-1 recently and i don't think you can accuse them of tanking. If a CBA that is fair is put in place, it would be great if the pens got A.O. If not, then the pens proabably won't beable to survive without a new owner. The team I really feel for is the Blackhawks, because of their owner.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I feel for the Penguins fans due to the financial situation of the organization and the fact that while the Steelers and Pirates now have their own staduims there seems to be little chance that the Penguins are going to get the same. Until they can get a modern staduim their financial situation will not allow them to hold on to their top-end tallent.

However to say there is no interest in the Penguins is highly misguided. In fact I would say there are easily as many Pens fans out there as Rangers fans... and I'm not even a fan of either team.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
For the record the Penguins have the 4th highest TV ratings in the league.

Read that in the Post-Gazette recently.

Not too shabby considering the market size.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
For the record the Penguins have the 4th highest TV ratings in the league.

Read that in the Post-Gazette recently.

Not too shabby considering the market size.

For the record the Penguins have the worst home attendance in the league.

Read that on ESPN.com recently.

Thats pretty shabby considering there are teams in Carolina and Nashville.

Another interesting fact, since you feel obliged to throw them around, the Penguins are secon to last, only Carolina is worse, in average overall (home and away) attendance.

Last edited:

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Profet said:
They have done a fantastic job cultivating an elite group of AHL talent.

The pens developing NHL players??? When? Where? maybe 10+ years ago.
straka, lang, kovalev, tarnstrom, and now jackman have all been groomed into excellent players in PITTSBURGH

NewYorkStranger

Nov 3, 2003
Visit site
Missing the playoffs with a 20 million dollar payroll is one thing, missing it with a 70 million dollar payroll is another.

The Penguins have an excuse, the Rangers don't,.

The Penguins are, bar none, the worst team in the league this year and arguably the worst team in the league since the expansion Senators and Sharks. They deserve the pick far before some team who just doesn't try.

If the penguins didnt tank there season to get Lemiuex there wouldnt be a lottery. It is not the Rangers fault that the city of pittsburgh doesnt care enough to support the team. Its the people of pittsburgh's fault and ownerships. Go buy season tickets then ill cry for you.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
Dark Metamorphosis said:
straka, lang, kovalev, tarnstrom, and now jackman have all been groomed into excellent players in PITTSBURGH

Kovalev was groomed into an NHL player in NY. He found some star power with the lack of pressure in Pittsburgh. But the Rangers still deserve credit for his development.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
that's funny, a ranger fan bashing the penguins like that.

rangers havent made the playoffs in 7 years.

and if you're gonna talk about developing stars...when was the last time the rangers developed one....graves? leetch?

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Profet said:
Kovalev was groomed into an NHL player in NY. He found some star power with the lack of pressure in Pittsburgh. But the Rangers still deserve credit for his development.
kovalev was a complete disappointment in NY. the penguins developed him into a superstar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->