Rumor: Rangers do nothing at the deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Everyone keeps saying "if there's a good offer for Buch, take it"

Well what's a good offer? Cause watching Toronto's 1st this year get thrown around doesn't exactly make me want to scramble to trade Buch. They're obviously very different circumstances - but I don't understand people obsessing like this is a great market.

Buch is a really, really good player. And we're getting towards prospect hugging territory where people want to just trade him so Kravtsov can play on the 1st line. It's stupid.

a young center (or prospect close to being promoted) would be my cost. Has to be a kid who many feel will be an NHL who is either a playmaker or scorer.

Draft choice alone isn't enough imo

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I know he kept us afloat through tough times, and I love his leadership but any takers from playoff bound teams for CK for a 1st and top (center) prospect? Would we need to eat $ with him being under 30? His board play at stand still has taken 2 steps back this year and I imagine it will continue to do so as he ages. It would be tough to pull the trigger, but between him Strome and Buch I think he's the odd man out. Strome makes things happen even when he's cold, the puck manages to find him in high danger areas, same with Buch, CK is just a complete blackhole for offense and brings his line down.

I wouldn't have considered this but Kravtsov looking good with chemistry with literally everyone he looks at, makes me wonder the return CK could bring for a playoff team looking for a big body under 30 who goes to the tough areas and scores 25-30 goals year in year out.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I know he kept us afloat through tough times, and I love his leadership but any takers from playoff bound teams for CK for a 1st and top (center) prospect? Would we need to eat $ with him being under 30? His board play at stand still has taken 2 steps back this year and I imagine it will continue to do so as he ages. It would be tough to pull the trigger, but between him Strome and Buch I think he's the odd man out. Strome makes things happen even when he's cold, the puck manages to find him in high danger areas, same with Buch, CK is just a complete blackhole for offense and brings his line down.

I wouldn't have considered this but Kravtsov looking good with chemistry with literally everyone he looks at, makes me wonder the return CK could bring for a playoff team looking for a big body who goes to the tough areas scores 25-30 goals year in year out.

i think the Kreider window slammed shut

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
Some kids are looking better yet the ice time won’t change with this many veterans. With a flat cap teams will likely want inexpensive prospects or current NHLers.

Imo, the Rangers are headed for a potential cap disaster if they resign these vets. You CANNOT keep everybody. Cannot resign Zibby & Buch long term since they resigned Kredier. Not with Panarin making a ton and Trouba.
I agree, if you aren't looking 2-3 years down the line with cap implications you aren't managing well. Re-signing Zib and Buch now, potentially means trading away one of our good young players in 2-3 years.

Trading Buch and Zbad might suck in the short term, but the assets we will get back could be extremely helpful for where this team will be in 2-3 years.

Edit: Also one thing to consider. This is Buch's contract year. This happens every time one of the rangers top players goes into a contract year. They tear it up. Most recent case: Kreider last year.

Reactions: NYSPORTS

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
i’m just hoping this isn’t the perfect storm where the Rangers can’t move any vets for decent return so end up overpaying for an Eichel at the cost of half a dozen prospects. All to avoid a log jam. The team can’t play with five lines.

It absolutely will be. This GM is rather 1 lousy trade than 3 good ones.

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com

I think we can all pretty much agree that this will be a boring day for us, and in this instance, boring is kinda good. The only bigger names on our roster I could see being moved would be Buchy and Georgiev. Then again, who knows.

Can we trade coaches. Asking for a friend.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I agree, if you aren't looking 2-3 years down the line with cap implications you aren't managing well. Re-signing Zib and Buch now, potentially means trading away one of our good young players in 2-3 years.

Trading Buch and Zbad might suck in the short term, but the assets we will get back could be extremely helpful for where this team will be in 2-3 years.

Edit: Also one thing to consider. This is Buch's contract year. This happens every time one of the rangers top players goes into a contract year. They tear it up. Most recent case: Kreider last year.
Trading Buch and Mika would 100% set this team back in a big way. Ultimately it could be for the best depending on the return, but you don’t trade 2/3 of your first line and have it maybe suck. It’d be a huge problem.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Hey guys, rumour was Habs had interest in Deangelo, what was all the dirt that got him canned by the Rangers? Fight in the room with team-mates? Bad apple of sorts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad