Post-Game Talk: Rangers de New York @ Canadien de Montréal - 22 février

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
I mean i've accepted the tank and hope we finish in last place but god damn, its a bit shocking to see how truly awful we are now.

Well, management's memo to the world basically undermined any shred of confidence that our guys had in themselves, each other and from their boss. What result could we possibly have expected other than what we are seeing? Management basically told them to pack your bags, you aren't good enough to wear our sweater. Hardly the words of inspiration.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I only saw a little bit, but Georgiev looks to move very efficiently and smoothly. The adjective “compact” came to mind. In a good way.
I saw him interviewed after and was pleased to hear his English is excellent. Seems like a gem. I hope he gets lots of starts from here on out.

Reactions: yrrebbor

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
Brady Skjei is looking worse than he is because he playing against the other teams best players since he's our "best" defenseman. Being the "best" defenseman in this core is equivalent to being the guy who brags in college when he gets a C in a course when all his other friends get D's--you may have achieved something but you are still not very good( just better than others!)

The fear in this rebuild is guys confidence can become fragile when you place them in situations they are not ready for. People suggest he can just shake this off-- maybe Brady can, but these are human beings and they know what's up. I'm sure Brady realizes why he is struggling and does not look at it like he won't ever be able to play big minutes vs too guys. Hopefully he realizes he's just not ready for that yet.

Reactions: egelband

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I only saw a little bit, but Georgiev looks to move very efficiently and smoothly. The adjective “compact” came to mind. In a good way.
I saw him interviewed after and was pleased to hear his English is excellent. Seems like a gem. I hope he gets lots of starts from here on out.

Spot on

Moved very well very compact game square to shooters not a lot of net to look at doesn’t flail open like Hank does god love him. If Benny spends some time with him (which he doesn’t) and we need an overhaul of how we coach our young goalies having one goalie coach for the whole org is absurd, he could really be a nice find as a back up. I’d like to see him compete for that role next year

Having said that, no reason for him not to play as much as possible here the next few weeks. Hank doesn’t need to be going every other night he’s played enough.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I mean i've accepted the tank and hope we finish in last place but god damn, its a bit shocking to see how truly awful we are now.
Kreider should stabilize the top line. That should take some heat/focus off Hayes, Miller, and Zucc. Two decent lines and maybe the offense comes back a bit. Our top 6 in the last stretch has been like bringing a butter knife to a gun fight

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Brady Skjei is looking worse than he is because he playing against the other teams best players since he's our "best" defenseman. Being the "best" defenseman in this core is equivalent to being the guy who brags in college when he gets a C in a course when all his other friends get D's--you may have achieved something but you are still not very good( just better than others!)

The fear in this rebuild is guys confidence can become fragile when you place them in situations they are not ready for. People suggest he can just shake this off-- maybe Brady can, but these are human beings and they know what's up. I'm sure Brady realizes why he is struggling and does not look at it like he won't ever be able to play big minutes vs too guys. Hopefully he realizes he's just not ready for that yet.
As you said, they're humans. It's like you're at work where everybody knows a layoff is coming and worse the people who will get laid off have already been identified. Even if you are not the one being laid off, it still is what you're thinking about every day while you're trying to get work done.

Skjei's let bad some bad habits creep into his game. He'll bounce back when the team turns over and it's like a fresh start for everyone

Blueshirts777

May 8, 2017
This team went 15-6 in November before they started getting hit with injuries. This is a good opportunity to stock prospects and young talent but it's certainly not a sky is falling scenario that's being pitched around

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
i think after watching that debacle we won't really appreciate how good mcd27 really is/was until hes gone.

playing 25 mins against top lines is hard.

this team is so sad right now. a mixture of guys over the hill, guys not ready and a few guys in over their heads.

Maliks PlusMinus

May 28, 2015
Glasgow, Scotland
O'Gara was a good laugh in the first. Holden himself would've been saddened by that display. Not that I'm getting on the guy, impossible situation to come into.

I don't understand why ADA gets so much love. He looks bad to me (I mean everyone does, but it's like people think he's an exception). Obviously it's not the way to judge a player, but he's played in 5 winning teams for us this season. He's a career -30 in 62 games. It's worrying. It is only 62 games to start his career, but still. Now, all the replies about the team he finds himself in and how useless a stat +/- is, will doubtless come here (I know all these arguments from defending Malik/Girardi), and they're legitimate points, but those numbers are ridiculous. When the numbers are so extreme they tend to mean something, it's the only times I point to +/-. Add to that he's had 1 point that wasn't on the PP (again, that's not to say his skating and breakout passes aren't getting us anywhere at all).

I saw him make one good defensive play last night, maybe two, which is better than many of our players managed, but honestly, I don't think he's going to be an NHL'er in 2 or 3 years.

yrrebbor

Jan 21, 2014
New York, NY
I have free tickets tonight from a client of mine, and I'm terrified that I am going to start screaming and cursing at the team in front of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->