Post-Game Talk: Rangers de New York @ Canadien de Montréal - 22 février

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
I feel like TDA has loads of talent though he needs time to mature. He can razzle dazzle but when the situation calls for a steady and simple pass, he is still a bit chaotic. He should be hitting people with accuracy like to Buch a couple of times but the passes were hard or slightly off the mark
Lucky him that he has 20 free games to help this process.:whine:
And being honest I thought Buch kind of whiffed that pass.

Reactions: egelband

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Vally just said on MSG what I've been writing in the Hartford thread after all his games: technically very sound, good movement, looks NHL. Once he gets more confident, you will see just how good he is at puckhandling. He's easily our best ever puckhandling goalie. In Hartford, Geo is essentially a third defenseman out there, frustrating every attempt at a dump n chase. Other teams literally have to change their strategy because of how frustrating it is for them to deal with his puckhandling ability. This is a major asset of his that nobody got to see today because obviously the coaches told him to focus on the net to avoid making a nervous mistake. But you will see it in the future.
where does he start the year next year?

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I think Skjei will rebound next year. He just isn't this bad. The guy is legit talented. He just needs to be disinfected from the stink of this year, come back fresh in September.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I think Skjei will rebound next year. He just isn't this bad. The guy is legit talented. He just needs to be disinfected from the stink of this year, come back fresh in September.

The whole team has been underperforming. Can’t be easy on these guys considering they’ve had success as a group. That’s why I’m not too concerned about some of the guys underperforming. Like Miller and Skjei.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
where does he start the year next year?

He still gives up some bad goals. That said, if you remember my game notes on Talbot in Hartford, I constantly wrote that he gave up WTF goals. They were inexplicable. He'd stop a ton of shots: slap shots from a few feet away, breakaways, 2 on nones, you name it, and then it looked like he never played hockey before because he'd give up something most 8 year olds who don't play hockey can stop. After a while, the WTF goals were reduced, then disappeared and he became an NHL starter. It took a couple years, however.

Geo is not as extreme as Talbot: doesn't make as many great saves and doesn't give up beach ball goals, but he does give up bad goals on occasion after being spectacular the whole game. He's also very young, goalies take the longest to develop. At the same age, Talbot was a solid, but unheralded goalie in a BS program nobody pays attention to. I can't tell you how quickly Geo adjusts and fixes the bad goal problem, could be next year, could be never. But if he has a strong finish to this season, followed by a strong preseason, no reason why he can't be a great backup at some point later this calendar year.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
The whole team has been underperforming. Can’t be easy on these guys considering they’ve had success as a group. That’s why I’m not too concerned about some of the guys underperforming. Like Miller and Skjei.

No doubt about it. The entire year has been atrocious. Miller and Hayes you could perhaps make a determination on based on their multi-year NHL career and the inconsistencies and flaws they've had but Skjei is absolutely our best player going forward. This is a bad game from a player having to be the best defenseman on the ice along with 3 AHLers, 1 "rookie", and 1 pensioner.

surf

Wheres the Reggae?
Oct 2, 2002
sea bright nj
For all u pro tankers enjoy this will last years...Me I like to win and make the ECF or SCF ...We are now betting our future on 17 and 18 year olds in drafts that are crap shoots at best...Welcome to the dark ages once again

Reactions: NCRanger

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Really good content wise, he seemed to understand all the questions well and all his answers were fine on paper, just has a strange way of talking. Not bad really, just unusual.
Yeah, but to me the russians speak english in a really particularly way. You always can tell if he is russian by his english. It's kind of bizarre.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
For all u pro tankers enjoy this will last years...Me I like to win and make the ECF or SCF ...We are now betting our future on 17 and 18 year olds in drafts that are crap shoots at best...Welcome to the dark ages once again

Did you say the same thing in 2004?

Reactions: shinchanyo

Xref

Oct 16, 2010

I enjoy entertaining hockey. Don't really care if we win or lose. This is sports, this is entertainment....for us fans.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Nice game by Georgiev.

Pretty ****ed up that Niemi--one of the worst goalies in the league almost walked out of the game with a shutout but we're pretty **** even against **** teams. My prediction of 75 standings points might revise lower after the next couple games. We got a real honest to god shot at getting into the bottom 5 teams IMO. Don't give up all hope on Dahlin.
I don't have any hope for Dahlin, fingers crossed for it but it's not something I'm expecting. Honestly haven't even watched Dahlin so that's prob why I'm lacking hype. but I feel it's a near certainty that we're falling to the 5th or 6th pick and in prime position to trade up.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Did you say the same thing in 2004?
I always took him to be the type not to make a statement like that. A bunch of young kids, some great prospects in the pipeline and we'll be trading for significantly valuable futures. The team isn't loaded with high price mercenaries. I cannot agree with anyone claiming this is the dark ages. It should be christmas here on a hockey prospects forum as we watch the developmental journey's of all sorts of players on the way to hopefully building a serious contender within the next 2 or 3 seasons.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Nice game by Georgiev.

Pretty ****ed up that Niemi--one of the worst goalies in the league almost walked out of the game with a shutout but we're pretty **** even against **** teams. My prediction of 75 standings points might revise lower after the next couple games. We got a real honest to god shot at getting into the bottom 5 teams IMO. Don't give up all hope on Dahlin.

The tank's been helped by some pretty enormous absences. Kredier, Shattenkirk, McDonagh. They'll keep us out of reach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->