Series Talk: Rangers/Craps (Game 1 is Sunday 4/21 @ 3pm ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Here. We. Go.

IMG_0363.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Obviously knows nothing about this team.
Not even that. I watched the hockey guy talk about this series this morning, and he pointed out "any team who makes the playoffs, deserves to be here" and he's right.
The reason the presidents trophy rarely wins the cup is because of how tight the actual parity is in the league. The gap between 1-8 is not huge.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Gonna need the leafs to get clowned hard by Marchand to take the heat off of us getting clowned by Charlie.

• Haha
Reactions: TheDirtyH

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Not even that. I watched the hockey guy talk about this series this morning, and he pointed out "any team who makes the playoffs, deserves to be here" and he's right.
The reason the presidents trophy rarely wins the cup is because of how tight the actual parity is in the league. The gap between 1-8 is not huge.
But WE totally suck, though. Don't you know?
/sarcasm.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Caps are going to try to come physical and beat the rangers down….
I expect in games 1-3 their plan is to test our mettle.
Rangers have done a really good job this season and bending but not breaking… they also have done a better job answering when a goal/bad goal goes in against them…. That is the mark of a good team tbh…
Caps will have issues with NYR speed/talent. Rangers should expose their D and fwds with cross ice passes and looks from behind the cage..
-get the puck deep
-contain ovi
- make sure Wilson is in check and isn’t running around hog wild.
- PP Critical. Make them pay when we’re a man up and often hopefully…
NYR should have them back on their heals especially with our active/mobile top 4 D.
Get to Charlie Lindgren often and early and take their heat out of the game right away.
Fox is going to have a whale of a postseason imo.
He’s a shark and smells blood in the water. He’s playoff battle tested now.

Prediction NYR in 5

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Caps trying to bully a 19 year old into hopping into the league to save their asses. They showed their hand. Rangers play them hard and stand tall and they will crumble. They are a ruin of a bygone era, and I would love to end their window, just like we did to Sid 2 years ago.

It’s such a fitting opponent for where we are now and where we were as a franchise coming out of COVID. Exorcise the demons.

What window? They are rebuilding and didn't expect to make it this year

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
  • Nothing easy for this team in the playoffs since the 1990s.
  • Heavy reliance on special teams and very mid 5 on 5 play all season long.
  • Woefully inconsistent, seemingly disengaged seasons from Chris Kreider and Mika Zibanejad
  • Poor stretch lasting 8 weeks from Igor Shesterkin
  • An opposing goalie who has the potential to play out of his mind
  • The birth and entire life to date of Jacob Trouba
Yes, there are plenty of reasons to worry going into this series, but I can't stress about it. If we can't win convincingly in a series like this, we've got much more serious problems to solve.
Other than the 94 team, none of those previous Rangers line-ups dominated games in the reg season like this line-up. f*** the stat-wanking, look at how many games this season were uncompetitive for the Rangers. I can only think of a handful OUT OF 82. This line-up matched up overwhelmingly well and consistently well against the league for 9 months.

Caps are going to try to come physical and beat the rangers down….
I expect in games 1-3 their plan is to test our mettle.
Rangers have done a really good job this season and bending but not breaking… they also have done a better job answering when a goal/bad goal goes in against them…. That is the mark of a good team tbh…
Caps will have issues with NYR speed/talent. Rangers should expose their D and fwds with cross ice passes and looks from behind the cage..
-get the puck deep
-contain ovi
- make sure Wilson is in check and isn’t running around hog wild.
- PP Critical. Make them pay when we’re a man up and often hopefully…
NYR should have them back on their heals especially with our active/mobile top 4 D.
Get to Charlie Lindgren often and early and take their heat out of the game right away.
Fox is going to have a whale of a postseason imo.
He’s a shark and smells blood in the water. He’s playoff battle tested now.

Prediction NYR in 5
I believe a heavy hitting game benefits the Rangers. A low event trapping game benefits the caps. I'd love a physical, shitshow of a series - that would give the Rangers a clear advantage versus choking them with consistent trapping.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Other than the 94 team, none of those previous Rangers line-ups dominated games in the reg season like this line-up. f*** the stat-wanking, look at how many games this season were uncompetitive for the Rangers. I can only think of a handful OUT OF 82. This line-up matched up overwhelmingly well and consistently well against the league for 9 months.

I believe a heavy hitting game benefits the Rangers. A low event trapping game benefits the caps. I'd love a physical, shitshow of a series - that would give the Rangers a clear advantage versus choking them with consistent trapping.

Honestly I like our odds in a ‘trap series’ too. We have the game breakers , they do not. That defense is not keeping bread/laf/troch/zib/kreids/fox off the board for multiple games. And the secondary guys are capable of potting a few. Miller/Kak/Willy C will get their chances in this series for sure.

Obviously Lindgren steals one but I really like our chances here as long as they don’t play down to them. Get on Lindgren early.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I hope Rempe doesn't sniff the ice at all.I'm thrilled to be playing the Caps yet again
Pretty sure you're joking. I would say I feel badly for our nations Crapital, but I won't for 3 reasons.
1. It might be a jinx
2. They've won their Cups much more recently than we have won our 1.
3. But, I really don't.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I wish I could pick the MSG feed through ESPN+ for the playoffs. In fact I wish that would go all playoffs long.

Instead I'll be stuck with Wischusen (fine) or McDonough (blech).

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Right. I don't necessarily agree with your assessment of what Rempe brings, but your logic is spot on. If you're Peter Laviolette and you agree that Rempe does these things, that's why you play him. You're not playing him because of Tom Wilson.

It's easy to forget because Tom Wilson is a f***ing ogre, but the Capitals also rely on him to provide offense. He's not in their lineup to chase around Matt Rempe. If Rempe is in, Wilson may challenge him to a fight, but otherwise I would expect that Wilson would generally ignore him (or at least, not go out of his way to engage). The guy was fourth on their team in scoring. They need him out there.
LOL. Wilson hasn’t challenged a legit heavyweight in years. Hahaha

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
This series is making me nervous. The Rangers can't win a series in less than 7 games (I can't remember the last time they did win a series in less than 7; 2014 ECF vs Montreal?

Lindgren has played well against them. Ovechkin started scoring again. Hated winning the President's Trophy. Need make Lindgren uncomfortable; they make every goalie look good. Take advantage of WSH defence.

I think they beat Montreal in 6 in 2017 and definitely beat Pittsburgh in 5 in 2015.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I think scratching Rempe for Game 1 would be a mistake. Put him in for the first game, which is a home game, and you energize the crowd and you set a proactive tone. You do it by necessity, you show a reactive posture.

I just saw a Turner promo for the Stanley Cup Playoffs and their tagline is "Set The Tone." Clearly they read my post.

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
Any team with Ovechkin is a dangerous team. I don't care how old he is. I'm not taking them lightly at all. Oshie is always dangerous and always plays well against us. He seems fully healthy now, which means he's a threat.

And Charlie Lindgren has done very well against us.

They're no pushovers. Don't take this team lightly. LGR
We took the Devils lightly last season i believe.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad