Series Talk: Rangers/Craps (Game 1 is Sunday 4/21 @ 3pm ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Here. We. Go.

IMG_0363.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I know he won’t be rushed but if ready get Chytil a game in the AHL

Brodz over Rempe but I bet both play

He’s the new Gauthier in terms of being universally hated for literally no reason despite having solid metrics and producing with at least one heinous line mate at all times

Not hated at all just more of a bubble nhler

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I think the issue is potential.

Cuylle has the potential to become more than he is with experience and confidence.
Kakko has the potential to become more than he is with experience and confidence.
Vesey is what he is, but what he is is a swiss army knife forward who also plays the PK respectably.

Brodzinksi is what he is. A journeyman NHL forward or an ALL star AHL forward. Who doesn't play the PK.

In the regular season I go with the potential in the hopes of catching fire.

In the playoffs? I probably go with Brodzinski.
Potential doesn't win you cups. Production does.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
if you're really "worried" about this series... i would suggest a different sport. This maybe the weakest Caps lineup i've seen in years... this is not a hot NYI team, or Tampa. This is a broken down trash heap Caps team.

Sure there's always the rangers playing down to their opponent which is my greatest concern... but worried? I'll save that for round 2.
He didn't say he is worried. He said there are valid reasons to worry.

Idk about you, but where I come from there is a big difference.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
i thought gauthier was as ideal of a 4th liner for this team as you’ll find. Amazing transition, drew a shit ton of penalties, scored at a good rate. Hit more than anyone other than Blais if you’re into that shit
Gauthier COULD have been an ideal 4th liner but he didn’t seem to want to be. He fancied himself a top sixer. But he was wildly inconsistent. And couldn’t finish. Lots of unrealized potential. Was a hell of a skater and he didn’t shy from hitting but never broke 100 hits for us. His best year as far as that he had upper 90s. Admittedly in 50 or so games. But even in that year he was 10th on the team in hits. Laf as a rookie broke 100 hits. Reaves had almost 300.

KennyWu

Oct 14, 2010
Does anyone have an opinion on the best cost value streaming services for Ranger playoffs , would it be Sling Orange? Thanks!

Yeah, this has been the cheapest option I could find. Youtube TV has a promotion going too but still more expensive

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
That can backfire easily, we lose the game and dinner is going to be miserable.
For you, maybe.

Me...I couldn't care less.

I don't let this team bother more than an hour before/after puck drop/final horn. Actually, I could be watching a 6-1 OTL during dinner and not care.

It is what it is, and I'm fine with how it falls.

** PLEASE NOTE THAT I ASSUME A BETTER THAN AVERAGE MEAL TIME (LUNCH/DINNER) AND IF THE TIME BETWEEN THE BEFORE/AFTER PUCK DROP AND BEFORE/AFTER FINAL HORN IS ONLY MINIMAL I WILL BE INSUBORDINATE AND CHURLISH. **

Last edited:

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
This series is making me nervous. The Rangers can't win a series in less than 7 games (I can't remember the last time they did win a series in less than 7; 2014 ECF vs Montreal?

Lindgren has played well against them. Ovechkin started scoring again. Hated winning the President's Trophy. Need make Lindgren uncomfortable; they make every goalie look good. Take advantage of WSH defence.

Reactions: Rongomania

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
This series is making me nervous. The Rangers can't win a series in less than 7 games (I can't remember the last time they did win a series in less than 7; 2014 ECF vs Montreal?

Lindgren has played well against them. Ovechkin started scoring again. Hated winning the President's Trophy. Need make Lindgren uncomfortable; they make every goalie look good. Take advantage of WSH defence.

2017 1st round against Montreal.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Does anyone have the schedule post game one ?
The times haven't been finalized yet
But we know the dates.
Game 2 has to be Tuesday, the start time is gonna be between 7-8, and I'm thinking 8 just because.
Game 3/4 are more up in the air, but I'd assume Thurs/Sat but there is a small chance its Friday/Sun.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016

Lindgren has played well, but lets be clear, even at his hottest, he's the third best goalie in this series...
Washington has almost no depth, one of our forward lines is going to basically match up against an AHL defense pair.

Im not saying sleepwalk through the series, but some of our players showed the past few games that they were ramping up into the playoffs. They're not taking it easy.
Washington has almost no one left from their cup win, and even the ones who are left, are shells of themselves.

Their only chance is to go up 1-0 early, and hope to play very very very low event hockey. And they dont really have the defense to play that with us.

Priorae

Apr 21, 2017
New Jersey
Probably the best first round series that the Rangers could want for a long run. The Caps don’t have enough to win, but absolutely have enough to motivate.

I think game 1 could go either way, but Rangers in 5 or 6 no matter what is a safe bet.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Probably the best first round series that the Rangers could want for a long run. The Caps don’t have enough to win, but absolutely have enough to motivate.

I think game 1 could go either way, but Rangers in 5 or 6 no matter what is a safe bet.
Yeah I was thinking detroit might've been better, much younger team and almost no one with any real playoff experience in their Core except for Kane and Perron.
But that also was what we looked like in 21-22, and they were already playing on the edge with those last minute wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad