Series Talk: Rangers/Craps (Game 1 is Sunday 4/21 @ 3pm ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Here. We. Go.

IMG_0363.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
He’s the new Gauthier in terms of being universally hated for literally no reason despite having solid metrics and producing with at least one heinous line mate at all times
I mean considering Gauthier was traded for a solid prospect in an attempt for us to get a potential middle 6 forward, and he turned out to be a 4th line player who believed he was a top 6, and played like it.
He’s literally the opposite of brodz. Brodz is a 3rd line guy in terms of how he needs to play, but he can’t do enough to stay there.
Guathier is a 4th line guy, who won’t play the way he needed to, to stay in the nhl.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
I mean considering Gauthier was traded for a solid prospect in an attempt for us to get a potential middle 6 forward, and he turned out to be a 4th line player who believed he was a top 6, and played like it.
He’s literally the opposite of brodz. Brodz is a 3rd line guy in terms of how he needs to play, but he can’t do enough to stay there.
Guathier is a 4th line guy, who won’t play the way he needed to, to stay in the nhl.
i thought gauthier was as ideal of a 4th liner for this team as you’ll find. Amazing transition, drew a shit ton of penalties, scored at a good rate. Hit more than anyone other than Blais if you’re into that shit

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
i thought gauthier was as ideal of a 4th liner for this team as you’ll find. Amazing transition, drew a shit ton of penalties, scored at a good rate. Hit more than anyone other than Blais if you’re into that shit
Scored at a good rate??? The reason he was terrible was he couldn’t score. He legitimately couldn’t get off an nhl shot. He would lead the league in high danger shot attempts but any goalie that let him score was embarrassed by letting one in.
We moved a defensive prospect for him (which turned out to be a bust as well luckily) and we could’ve gotten more than what we did…

Reactions: lilphildub

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Scored at a good rate??? The reason he was terrible was he couldn’t score. He legitimately couldn’t get off an nhl shot. He would lead the league in high danger shot attempts but any goalie that let him score was embarrassed by letting one in.
We moved a defensive prospect for him (which turned out to be a bust as well luckily) and we could’ve gotten more than what we did…
He was doing it last year. Led the team in SH% and off the top of my head he was 1st in g/60 at the time of the trade. Then went on to shoot 17.6% for Ottawa and 15.6 for NYI.

Regardless, I don’t care if 4th liners can score or not. I just like that he can shuttle the puck himself from blue to blue after Trouba fails to get that process started 3 times in a row, with a decent chance of a either a breakaway or drawn penalty in the process.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We're talking about rate. Brodzinski's production was fine for the role he's in. Per minute, he outscored Kakko who everyone wants in the top 9, Cuylle who everyone says had a great season, and Vesey who everyone likes.

With all due respect, I don't understand why efficiency and scoring to the minutes you play is such a sideways concept in hockey.

You would never complain that your 7th or 8th guy in an NBA rotation doesn't score 25 a game.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
We're talking about rate. Brodzinski's production was fine for the role he's in. Per minute, he outscored Kakko who everyone wants in the top 9, Cuylle who everyone says had a great season, and Vesey who everyone likes.

With all due respect, I don't understand why efficiency and scoring to the minutes you play is such a sideways concept in hockey.

You would never complain that your 7th or 8th guy in an NBA rotation doesn't score 25 a game.
I understand g/60 and those concepts.
I also watched him flub shots over and over and over.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Yeah, nobody is saying he's Mario Lemieux.

Neither is any bottom six player.
Sure. But his style of play, contrasted to what was needed of him. He didn’t play great defensive hockey, he was physical but took bad offensive zone penalties, and while fast he also didn’t seem to be a great forechecker.

Reactions: Pawnee Rangers

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
Yeah, nobody is saying he's Mario Lemieux.

Neither is any bottom six player.
I think the issue is potential.

Cuylle has the potential to become more than he is with experience and confidence.
Kakko has the potential to become more than he is with experience and confidence.
Vesey is what he is, but what he is is a swiss army knife forward who also plays the PK respectably.

Brodzinksi is what he is. A journeyman NHL forward or an ALL star AHL forward. Who doesn't play the PK.

In the regular season I go with the potential in the hopes of catching fire.

In the playoffs? I probably go with Brodzinski.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
you know the rangers are going to find a way to make this an extremely close series. I’m hoping for, beyond the series win, no injuries and no overtime.

also, having the games right after the knicks means the ice is going to be absolutely atrocious for every game at MSG

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Chytil RW truthers: let’s make it easier on Fil coming back
Also Chytil RW truthers: lets put him in a spot where he hasn't played in years and when he played there it wasn't good

Reactions: tiggles

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Caps trying to bully a 19 year old into hopping into the league to save their asses. They showed their hand. Rangers play them hard and stand tall and they will crumble. They are a ruin of a bygone era, and I would love to end their window, just like we did to Sid 2 years ago.

It’s such a fitting opponent for where we are now and where we were as a franchise coming out of COVID. Exorcise the demons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad