Series Talk: Rangers/Craps (Game 1 is Sunday 4/21 @ 3pm ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Here. We. Go.

IMG_0363.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Crazy how the East lined up 1-8 anyway

People should look at what Devils getting MacDermid did to deter Rempe from elbowing Siegenthaler:
View attachment 853670
Enforcers deter f*** all. They are a nice morale boost, but they don't prevent dirty plays. Never did.
They don’t prevent other goons from gooning. I do think they prevent ten regular players from acting tough and shenanigans after the whistle , knowing they’ll probably get their asses kicked

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I've been saying it all year and i still believe it.

I think this Rangers team is good enough for a conference final visit.

They could lose in the 2nd round in a close series as easily as any other contender around the league - and its lightly attributed to the playoff format IMHO - but depending how that transpires it could be seen as a disappointment for sure.

They just as well could make the final and/or win it all too. Things are pretty open in the East.

Am I expecting a long run? Depends on what that means. Im not expecting a Cup.

Would be foolish for any fan to, if they have been paying close attention.

But I am expecting to get out of the first round? Thats for damn sure.

Reactions: NikC

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Such an underrated bottom 6 player.Wish we had a clone of him now in place of Goodrow.Dom Moore too
I absolutely hated him until the last 2 seasons with us. I felt like the organization wanted him to be something more than he was and it hurt the way he played.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Why does everyone think Lindgren is such a good goalie? He has some of the worst rebound control in the league and stumbles trying to catch every puck with his arms into his chest and then drops the puck and it’s loose. I was rooting for the Caps to win last night as they’re who I wanted to play and I was shitting myself every time the Flyers got a shot on goal because of how shaky and awful he is. He also screwed me in fantasy many times this season. The guy wasn’t even a starter at the begging of this season or any point in his career. It’s hilarious people saying they have some great goalie with that guy when we have Shesterkin.
These are two separate things:
Is Lindgren a good goalie (this season)? Yes
Is Shesterkin better than Lindgren? Hell yeah!

Mostly because the Rangers play some of their worst hockey against really bad goaltenders lol
Lindgren is not in this category.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
I've been saying it all year and i still believe it.

I think this Rangers team is good enough for a conference final visit.

They could lose in the 2nd round in a close series as easily as any other contender around the league - and its lightly attributed to the playoff format IMHO - but depending how that transpires it could be seen as a disappointment for sure.

They just as well could make the final and/or win it all too. Things are pretty open in the East.

Am I expecting a long run? Depends on what that means. Im not expecting a Cup.

Would be foolish for any fan to, if they have been paying close attention.

But I am expecting to get out of the first round? Thats for damn sure.
I pretty much agree here... outside of this first round match up against an inferior Caps team.

Its all about how quickly they can acclimate their game to the playoffs and execute at a high level.

Rangers could very well drag this first rd to 7g, knowing how they play. A very good step would be
a 5 game victory... even 6.

Take one opponent/series at a time.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
In hindsight, it is kind of funny that we pleaded all season long for Trouba to be taken out of top 4, only for coach to do exactly that in the final week of the season.

I wonder how long Lavi knew this move was going to be made.

He didn’t. He wanted to play Tuba 30 minutes a night if he could, but he just couldn’t justify it after he came back from from injury and was -15 in 5 games

FUZfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2018
Some things that intrigue me about this series.

What does Ovechkin have left in his tank?

Do we see Lavi put in Jones if Gus or Trouba struggle?

Does Chytil play and if he does, does he make a positive impact?

I went to D.C to watch our boys play this team earlier in the season, and the Rangers played like ass. I think Foxie was the only ranger who played well that afternoon. Hopefully that was a learning experience for this series of how not to play this team.

LGR!

Reactions: Lone Ranger

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
The Pack ran over Providence and Springfield in last year's playoffs. They just blew them out. Scored a lot of goals. Against Hershey though their offense got shut down and Mcilrath was the Bears main shut down D throughout that series. They just stifled any offense. He's a big body experienced D who has come to know his limitations. On a bottom pairing in a playoff situation that's not always a bad thing. Rangers brought in Justin Braun one year.....Niko Mikkola the next. Niko's a better skater but limited in a lot of the same ways. Dylan's probably more like a bigger and much nastier and more physical version of Braun.

Rempe and him had a nice long fight last year. Matthew did pretty well but McIlrath won.
I always wanted McI to do well, he is a solid dude, but he is not an NHL dman.
Also that fight with Rempe was a draw. Dylan threw a big punch that sailed past Rempe's head and with the momentum bulldogged Matt to the ice. Dylan was actually concerned Matt may have hit his head on the ice but he was okay. Like I said, Dylan's a solid dude.

I'm sure Bruins fans felt very confident last season.

Don't. Get. Cocky. Don't take any team lightly.
In other words: cut the hubris?

TheKing30

Nov 20, 2011
NJ
this team certainly has its flaws but they can very much make it out of the East. It will be an absolute war for the panthers/Tampa/Bruins

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
We kinda did and Hank had the worst series of his career. Series length is heavily dictated by goaltending.

The Flyers series was the worst of Hank's career? Not counting the injured Devils series in 2006 it HAS to be the Bruins series in 2013. We should have been swept that series but Rask gave one away. That series is why I don't buy that Hank was some all time great playoff goalie save for Game 7s. He dominated games 6 and 7 against Washington with a shutout and then came back against Boston and looked like he never played goalie before.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The Flyers series was the worst of Hank's career? Not counting the injured Devils series in 2006 it HAS to be the Bruins series in 2013. We should have been swept that series but Rask gave one away. That series is why I don't buy that Hank was some all time great playoff goalie save for Game 7s. He dominated games 6 and 7 against Washington with a shutout and then came back against Boston and looked like he never played goalie before.
I guess but we were getting run over in that series.

2014 against the Flyers was the only team the team deserved to win a series and Hank almost lost it.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

That Boston team in 2013 was lightyears better than us. They had won a Cup with essentially the same group 2 years prior and Torts was playing Arron Asham, Taylor Pyatt and Michael Haley in our bottom 6. Im a Hank apologist but he was hardly the reason we lost.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
Other than the Penguins in 2022 I can’t think of another series that we won that I think back on with such dread lol
2015 vs Penguins.

I still think the Rangers win the cup that year if Zuccarello's brain didn't break against the Penguins.

Hard to watch... especially after you know what happened:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad