Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Caps: Trade Del Zotto!!!

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
Great win, looked like a different team. I just hope Stepan is okay. He came back from the locker room, but Nash also played the rest of the first period after his injury.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Also, **** THE CRAPITALS. Love beating this dirty, whiny team on their own turf.

3 straight shutouts lololol.

Wait seriously? Isn't their PP 36%? Oh I thought you meant they've been shut out by 2 other teams prior to tonight, haha.

Herp.

SKS

Jan 17, 2011
San Francisco
We keep playing well against non-animal teams.. Blues may be the exception but they are pretty much beasts all of them.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
The Rangers are at their best when they put forth a consistent effort like we saw tonight. They were engaged, forechecking, hustling, battling for loose pucks, etc. And perhaps most importantly of all, Hank looked like Hank.

Pouliot won't last the season here, I say he's gone by January.

dmjt4160

Jun 27, 2011
Richards
Cally
McDonagh

HM: Hank, Both Moores

That was a familiar looking game, Rangers hockey dare I say

NHRangerfan

I really noticed Dominic Moore playing well this game.
That is the kind of attention to detail the team needs.

Agree D Moore was much more noticeable, I consider that a bonus considering his year off.

trilobyte

NYR Fan In the Foothills
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
The Rangers are at their best when they put forth a consistent effort like we saw tonight. They were engaged, forechecking, hustling, battling for loose pucks, etc. And perhaps most importantly of all, Hank looked like Hank.

Pouliot won't last the season here, I say he's gone by January.

The Rangers are just another stop on his travels. I had some hope for him, however faint. I knew his history, and it is quite clear that he should be let go. I would fully, fully approve.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I can't think of anyone who was bad tonight except maybe Pouliot. Even Pyatt was decent.

McDonagh was Larry ****ing Robinson. POTG for me.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
The Rangers are just another stop on his travels. I had some hope for him, however faint. I knew his history, and it is quite clear that he should be let go. I would fully, fully approve.

Sadly, as much as I had hoped for him, I find myself agreeing. Likewise, I think Zucc should be gone. As a huge fan of Marcel Hossa, Enver Lisin and Evgeny Grachev in years prior... they only get so many games of looking like they SHOULD be good before you call it a day and say they aren't. Salvage what you can now.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Good stuff. I don't know how much of it is the Caps being bad, but that was enjoyable.

String two games like this together.

Richie is a different man this season. Great to see.

SkjeiPls

May 21, 2013
Great win. Defensively we looked a lot better, and our power-play is black and white compared to last year.

Very excited for what the season has in store for this team.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
I think they could have played a bit better in the 3rd, but overall good game.

The only bad thing tonight was Benoit Pouliot. That guy is just a stupid, terrible hockey player.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Great job by the Defense tonight, especially by McDonagh and Staal. Moore was great on the PP. Lundqvist played a little more aggressive tonight. A few times it gave room behind him after a save was made, but the D did what they should be doing and that's pushing them away/clearing the puck so Lundqvist can get back in position. Goal-tending and Defense were both great tonight. The offense did a good job at creating chances and playing two-way hockey.

profchaos2001

Mar 2, 2012
Now that the hate train has moved on to Pouliot, I thought the Zuc-Brass-Pou line looked really good the first three games, and in the losses were the only line with any sustained offense.

does anyone remember the tic tac toe passing in phoenix where smith robbed him?

That line's gone now and Pou is playing with people who cannot set up plays, simple as that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->