GDT: RANGERS @ CANES, RISE OF THE STORM

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Well, that was a way to start things off. Skjei was really angry, Slavin's prayers were answered early, Old Man Williams showed a Ranger his birth certificate, Trocheck who was all over the place this game almost made it 2:0 for Canes on the second shot if the cage was moved just a smidge. And this all has happened in just a few starting minutes. Hockey is back.

It was a glorious victory, but one that wasn't easy. We dominated for the majority of the game, led for almost 59 minutes, yet it was fairly close because that sexy Swedish bastard stood on his head to show he isn't called King just for fun.

Nečas was getting pummeled the whole game, but EACH TIME HE ROSE AND EVENTUALLY DID GET THE LAST LAUGH AND THAT'S SOME GOOD VENGEANCE.
Maybe what Skjei needs for every game IS TO GET REALLY, REALLY PISSED OFF.

And maybe, just maybe... they will get Williams' name right the next time.

But ultimately NONE OF THIS MATTERS ANYMORE. IT IS ALL PAST LIKE RANGERS' REGULAR SEASON VICTORIES. UNTIL THE RANGERS ARE ABSOLUTELY BATTERED, BROKEN AND BURNT TO ASH, OUR VENGEANCE IS INCOMPLETE. THERE IS NO TIME TO REST.

Rangers may rest though... WHEN THEY'RE IN HELL.

VENGEANCE IS MY ONLY SOLACE.

Last edited:

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Bez názvu3.png
Bez názvu4.png

PICTURES TELL A STORY, THIS ONE HAS MANY SHADES.

Last edited:

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
PLAYOFF, YOU COME TO MEET US VIA BUBBLE WRAP
AND HAVE YOU REALLY REALLY COME SO FAR
YOU ARE THE ANSWER TO
4 MONTHS OF VOID, 20,000 GAME TIME
THAT WON'T BE SEEN AGAIN
THEY'RE LYING SCATTERED IN THE

SIBERIAN PINES
WHERE THE MOUNTAINS AND THE WATERS SHINE
WHERE A DECENT SVECH CAN AGE LIKE WINE
YOU ARE THE ANSWER FOR

MIGHTY MIGHT MOTHERLAND
STAR OF FLASHING WHITE
YOU ARE ROLLING SOFTLY IN THE NIGHT
UNTIL YOU REACH THE MORNING LIGHT

THE PLAYOFF IS READY BOYS
THE PLAYOFF IS HERE
WE SHALL PERSEVERE

JUNE 23, I TOOK AN INTERNAL EXAM A 'TWAS A B
AND OH THE DOCTOR GAVE ME CHANCE TO BECOME M.D.
I SPENT A FORTNIGHT JUST
LYING ON MY BACK AND STARING AT THE CEILING
NOW MY HEAD IS HIGH
AND NOW IT'S TIME FOR RAGS TO DIE

IN THE SUN
A BEST OF THREE IS TO BE WON
AND, OH, IT IS THEIR f***ING TURN TO RUN
FOR THEY HAVE CHASED US FROM

NEW YORK OUT TO RALEIGH
HUDSON TO THE NEUSE
SVECH UNDERSTOOD
SO NOW EVERYTHING IS GOOD

THE PLAYOFF IS HERE
WE SHALL PERSEVERE

PLAYOFF, YOU COME TO MEET US VIA BUBBLE WRAP
AND HAVE YOU REALLY REALLY COME SO FAR
YOU ARE THE ANSWER TO

MIGHTY MIGHT MOTHERLAND
STAR OF FLASHING WHITE
YOU ARE ROLLING SOFTLY IN THE NIGHT
UNTIL YOU REACH THE MORNING LIGHT

THE PLAYOFF IS READY BOYS (AND GIRLS)
THE PLAYOFF IS HERE
THE PLAYOFF IS READY BOYS (AND GIRLS)
WE SHALL PERSEVERE

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Less penalties
Sustained pressure, fore checking, checking and net front presence.

Im expecting more forward pressure from the Rangers to match our forecheck and trying to turnover Skjei, Gardiner, and the rest of the D when they have the puck. A 2-1-2 format. The middle will be more open but the D wont have as much time to move the puck. Their current format didn’t work as we had a 60.71 ES Corsi for.

their current system was good at limiting shots. Despite the 61% CF we only had 21 shots.
Maybe they lean on the goaltending some more by allowing more shots with opening up the middle a little more. Also hoping to create more shots (they only had 16 ES) and preventing us for controlling the play as much.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
View attachment 357086 View attachment 357087

PICTURES TELL A STORY, THIS ONE HAS MANY SHADES.

@rfournier103

You are an international treasure, MV LOL! And I loved the motivational game post as always.

The Rangers are far from an easy out-- although their playoffs have ended up in heartbreak, I've also witnessed them make some incredible postseason comebacks. Can't let up at all and I don't think this team will thankfully.

#TakeWarning

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Game 1 is just but a game, but it's an important one.
In fact, look back to the 1980s, when the NHL regularly staged five-game playoff series. Then, the winner of Game 1 went on to win the series 87.5 percent of the time (47-of-56).
It's still just one victory, but it was an impressive one, at that. Two more to go in the qualifying round.
"Months without playing a meaningful hockey game is tough for professional athletes. We came out, and both teams had a lot of intensity," Williams said. "We won the first game, but that only means we're up 1-0. That's totally it. We'll pick it up, move on and try to make it two."
Up Next
Game 2 is slated for Monday at noon, followed by a quick turnaround for Game 3 on Tuesday at 8 p.m.
Game 1 Recap: Canes Strike Early to Top Rangers

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
I honestly have no idea What to expect from the rangers tomorrow. I know it was just an exhibition game but i was shocked by how lethargic the team was against the isles and how invisible most of their star forwards were. Obviously I didnt think much of it then but after seeing how sluiggish they came out last game too....?

I mean it’s JUST ONE GAME obviously but I’ll be interested to see how they come out for game 2, if it was just a crap game — like all teams have once in a while and they just needed some time to warm up after break; or if there is a larger issue at play preparation wise for the rangers.

If it’s the former I would expect the rangers come out like bats out of hell at puck drop. They were no way near their best game 1.

we’ll see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->