Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Canes - 02/21/2020 | 7:00 PM ET

Three Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
I gotta give credit where credit is due...you have been quite loud about the fact that we could still make the playoffs.

I on the other hand dismissed this and instead thought they'd miss out but at the very least if we could play important March hockey games, that would be good enough as it would be great experience for our kiddies.

Well from the looks of it, it's not so far fetched that we might be playing important April games and for a team as young as we are, that's pretty damn phenomenal. I tell ya this rebuild of ours has gone just about as good as any of us could have expected. I mean other than Kravtsov not being here and the Lias BS, there really haven't been all to many hiccups which is pretty amazing if you think about it.

BTW: I haven't heard to much lately from the "get rid of Quinn" peeps lately...wonder why?...hmmmm... lol
I never expected to make the playoffs this year but now that he are playing great and climbed back into things I can’t just see us saying” Well we got close let’s just punt the season away”. That’s just me

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Oh yea consistent 48 point scorer. I feel like you dont watch Rangers hockey if you think Kreider is “consistent”. Only consistent Kreider ive ever seen is the last 2 months during his contract year. But i’m glad you came to terms he will likely be traded.
I think Kreider’s results are inconsistent but I think that makes people think his effort is inconsistent. I would say his scoring is streaky but his effort and impact is usually quite good.

Reactions: jas and Maximus

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
i forget which site created it...so can one of fancy stat guys provide our updated sadness/60 stat?

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I'm a fan of the Canes as well as I love the way they play. I missed the game tonight as I had husbandly duties this evening but from what I've read they gooned it up...is that the case?

Was there any dirty shit? This is very unlike the Canes and so I was surprised to read this....what's the scoop. It must have been blatant shit they were pulling cause it seems everyone in here is pissed off at them.
One guy took two runs at Skjei in one shift. Which fired up Trouba who destroyed Haula on the following shift. Then a guy re-opened Lindgrens face with a high stick that wasn’t called. Another guy took an elbow first run at ADA’s head which was called. Also a guy karate kicked the back of Fox’s knee. Also called. There was more standard nonsense but i think I’ve hit most of the Canes stroppiness. Also Chytil went down. Not sure what happened there. I didn’t see it.

I agree. Always thought the Canes played an above-the-board game but that changed today.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I never expected to make the playoffs this year but now that he are playing great and climbed back into things I can’t just see us saying” Well we got close let’s just punt the season away”. That’s just me

Agreed and from the way team is playing I don't see any reason not to do what it takes to make the playoffs. I've been pretty vociferous about us doing what needs to be done to keep Kreider. I wonder if we dealt him if that would hurt the awesome chemistry that the team has developed over the season and which is starting to truly come to fruition now.

I don't know the answer to this seeing it's possible that even with no Kreider the team could hang around the periphery of the playoff bubble. But it's not the playoffs as the reason I want to keep Kreider tho it would certainly help...I want him here because he's one of the leaders of the team, the kiddies look up too him and he's so unique in his style of play, I don't see how he's going to be replaced.

Pretty phenomenal that this team of ours is in the position it's in. Got to give Gorton TONS of credit orchestrating this rebuild of ours as it really could not have gone better.

Love this team!!

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Canes were dirty as f*** tonight.

Slew foots, slashes, high hits, elbows, leaving their feet on hits. A lot of unnecessary dirty bullshit.

The Rangers kept their heads and did their talking on the ice. I agree with Joe, there is something special going on with this group.

Loving DeAngelo. Shesterkin is making spectacular saves look routine and doing everything he needs to do to get a win including being a 3rd defenseman at times. No one backs down and they are building an identity for themselves. Loving it.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
One guy took two runs at Skjei in one shift. Which fired up Trouba who destroyed Haula on the following shift. Then a guy re-opened Lindgrens face with a high stick that wasn’t called. Another guy took an elbow first run at ADA’s head which was called. Also a guy karate kicked the back of Fox’s knee. Also called. There was more standard nonsense but i think I’ve hit most of the Canes stroppiness. Also Chytil went down. Not sure what happened there. I didn’t see it.

I agree. Always thought the Canes played an above-the-board game but that changed today.

Thx for the update Eggie.

Sounds to me like they were frustrated possibly at losing for the zillionth time to us in the past few years. Not sure why as the Canes are a damn good team but for some odd reason, we sure have their number that's for damn sure!

Reactions: egelband

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
i forget which site created it...so can one of fancy stat guys provide our updated sadness/60 stat?
This is prior to tonight.

sadness-2020-02-21.png

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I think we could surprise some teams in the playoffs, so many guys on our team just SCREAM playoff performers. I cannot wait to see the likes of ADA & Lemieux in there :laugh: For years we've complained about our team not having that killer instinct, not having that edge or burning desire, being a team of pushovers who were mentally weak. I know some people like to bash "muh intangibles" but we've really developed a team with an incredible amount of heart and so many distinct personalities/characters. Look at all the comebacks, that game against Edmonton where we were nearly the first team in NHL history to come back from a 6-0 deficit. The game against Montreal where we were down 4-0 and scored 6 goals in 25 mins. We also boast an insane record in games coming off of a loss.

Quinn is a superb coach & motivator, and this team has a realistic chance of making the playoffs despite being the youngest team in the NHL. This is the first real rebuild many of us have ever been fans through, so we may just gloss over the bumps & hurdles in other teams rebuilds and just looked at the end result. I've seen many doubting our rebuild and panicking over Andersson, Kravtsov, etc. even Kakko. But things take time and for a team who just sent that letter out two years ago, we're well on our way

Last edited:

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
This is what I’m saying. Marchand’s comment, however meaningless it may be, fuels a guy like Lindberg.
I've always thought Oscar Lindberg was loyal; but I didn't think he was so loyal that he was using negative remarks people make about Rangers players as motivation to fuel him while playing in the NLA 3 years after leaving us.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
What happened to Gauthier's icetime?
I believe he was on toward the end. He may have been benched for a little while but I also think he sat because there was a ton of specialty teams time. If I were a gambling man I’d say it was a little from column ‘a’ and a little from column ‘b’.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I believe he was on toward the end. He may have been benched for a little while but I also think he sat because there was a ton of specialty teams time. If I were a gambling man I’d say it was a little from column ‘a’ and a little from column ‘b’.
It's not like the best situation to give a 22-year-old forward with 6 NHL games of experience more ice-time is the team's biggest game of the season. I'm sure the dude would prefer 5 minutes in the NHL than playing however much with the Checkers. Franky, it's nice to have a coach who rides his best players. Zibanejad played 24:20 tonight.

Reactions: belford22 and jas

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016
I gotta give credit where credit is due...you have been quite loud about the fact that we could still make the playoffs.

I on the other hand dismissed this and instead thought they'd miss out but at the very least if we could play important March hockey games, that would be good enough as it would be great experience for our kiddies.

Well from the looks of it, it's not so far fetched that we might be playing important April games and for a team as young as we are, that's pretty damn phenomenal. I tell ya this rebuild of ours has gone just about as good as any of us could have expected. I mean other than Kravtsov not being here and the Lias BS, there really haven't been all to many hiccups which is pretty amazing if you think about it.

BTW: I haven't heard to much lately from the "get rid of Quinn" peeps lately...wonder why?...hmmmm... lol

Because he is a good coach, and you can see the players believe in him and play for him. I like Quinn a lot, it takes huge stones to bench Hank when you know Igor gives you a better chance to win games.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Because he is a good coach, and you can see the players believe in him and play for him. I like Quinn a lot, it takes huge stones to bench Hank when you know Igor gives you a better chance to win games.
I’d say that virtually every player has improved under Quinn. Even Staal. Has anyone obviously regressed? Maybe Andersson. Gotta like the results.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Just finished watching the game on DVR (Hopper finally decided to record something - this might be a sign of the impending apocalypse).

Don't want to repeat what was already hashed over so I'll only say this:

This is the first time all season I have thought we might have a shot at a WC berth.

Stop perving on Ranger moms, ya bunch of horn dogs.

Tripp Tracy is a f***ing idiot who should be federally banned from calling sporting events.

EDIT/Addendum: If Fast only wants a modest raise, why the hell do we want to trade him?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad