Rangers calling out DOPS! (UPD: NYR fined $250,000)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Love it. Has to be said. NHL should be ashamed. DOPS is a joke. The Game Managers are a joke. The f***in rule book is a joke.

Glad it was a big franchise that stepped up and said something. If it was a smaller organization with not much pull it goes ignored by the league... wait it got ignored anyways, never mind.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
I don't even think his punch is the worst.

I see him on the replay, with his stick against another player's throat, and drive the player face-first into the ice (and the player's throat onto his stick).

That could seriously injure someone's neck and throat.

I see him do that, then I see him punch that player with all his might for good measure.....not long after that I see him literally grab a guy and attempt to plunge his face into the ice. What if Panarin was unable to brace himself for that? You know how bad that would have turned out?

Just a sickening amount of violence..........and the guy gets a fine. A notorious guy at that.

Good on the Rangers for making this statement.

We'll see what happens nextg (grabs some popcorn)

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Using a term like horrifying act of violence is 100% incorrect and embarrassing from an NHL franchise for something like this. The social media era has made even professional sports franchises complete beta whiners full of hyperbolic nonsense like this.

Laughing stock at this point.

Same way it garners hyperbolic nonsense bs response like your reaction and post? I am not going to think about this for a minute it was over the top therefore the ENTIRE thing is a laughing stock?

Bitch about it and do the same thing. 1 of 2 things happened.. i am pretty confident more than one person was involved in this statement so:

1. Advisor advised against that statement due to it being a bit much in word alone.. potentially just the word horrific.. and was vetoed "no we want this in there FOR THE EFFECT"

2. Advisor advised to put something grand in there to really bury that shot so to speak. The statement is full of grand we have had enough points
- naming parros
- calling him unfit
- horrific

I am going with option 2 and i would also bet some money a few texts and calls were exchanged last night between some owners.. we have had enough of this guy.. is carlo back yet?

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
Don't engage with a player who is far more imposing physically than you in a scrum when he's surrounded by 3 Rangers. Panarin punches Wilson when he's down, he gets up, 3 guys are there and he goes after Wilson. Boo, F'ing hoo after that.
Yeah, poor innocent Wilson was just sitting there, minding his own business and punching a man in a vulnerable position in the back of the head.

Truly Panarin and the Rangers are the real monsters here.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Between the game management and DOPS
wonder why the nhl struggles to reach the heights a great spectator sport should attain

Who would have ever guessed a great hockey talent like sparrow wouldn’t understand? What a joke, that face plant on the ice must have scrambled Parros’ eggs

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
Same way it garners hyperbolic nonsense bs response like your reaction and post? I am not going to think about this for a minute it was over the top therefore the ENTIRE thing is a laughing stock?

Bitch about it and do the same thing. 1 of 2 things happened.. i am pretty confident more than one person was involved in this statement so:

1. Advisor advised against that statement due to it being a bit much in word alone.. potentially just the word horrific.. and was vetoed "no we want this in there FOR THE EFFECT"

2. Advisor advised to put something grand in there to really bury that shot so to speak. The statement is full of grand we have had enough points
- naming parros
- calling him unfit
- horrific

I am going with option 2 and i would also bet some money a few texts and calls were exchanged last night between some owners.. we have had enough of this guy.. is carlo back yet?
Yawn

In regards to option 2, I better far more texts went around between owners asking "Why don't we have a guy like this?"

Reactions: Smokin krak koken

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
The rangers really jumped this all up a notch there if you ask me. Would have been easy to disagree but move on, the rangers arent in the playoffs.

This game tomorrow isn't going to live up to the hype, is it... The nhl will threaten both teams and limit any type of response, there's no way the nhl will give it a chance to get out of control.

The NHL is the one that caused it. The reason everyone here is so incensed - 5,000 posts in one day - is because the NHL let him get away with it - again.

bobc222

Mar 10, 2017
A horrifying act of violence to me is something like a terrorist act or murder of an elderly person. This is just an assault in a hockey game between grown ass men.
I disagree, murder of anyone, attempted murder of anyone, or intentionally taking actions which have a great likelihood to lead to serious bodily harm or death are horrifying to me. Shoving on a hockey play is not likely to lead to serious harm or death. Accelerating someone's skull into the ice from a height of 5.5 ft in under a second qualifies for me as an act with a high likelihood of serious injury, we just happened to get lucky.

DuneGoon84

Jun 21, 2019
Don't engage with a player who is far more imposing physically than you in a scrum when he's surrounded by 3 Rangers. Panarin punches Wilson when he's down, he gets up, 3 guys are there and he goes after Wilson. Boo, F'ing hoo after that.
Don't punch player in the head that's facing down on the ice defenseless. Let me punch your brother the same way and you just stand there and watch him take it. Bozo

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I think calling it a horrifying act of violence is a bit much, but Wilson should have been suspended for that. Don't care if you do that to a superstar like Panarin or Joe Schmo, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad