Rangers calling out DOPS! (UPD: NYR fined $250,000)

Status
Not open for further replies.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
Don't these clowns employ someone who is notorious for running goalies? They just come off as whiners in this whole thing.
Every team has employed or currently employs a dirty player... with that attitude we might as well shut down hfboards since we can’t have conversations according to you.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

As a neutral fan, I stand by their side.

#fireParros
#GoRangers

74E014BC-5639-4391-8A83-DD59C26ABB1B.gif

Reactions: Siddi and Holocene

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
That's not something the social media rep threw together; that reads like an official club press release. That came straight from the top at MSG.
The Rangers lost a superstar they're paying $11.6 million a year, I'd bet you're right in that whoever signed off on that tweet has his cheque book already open, ala Mark Cuban

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Wow. This is what's known as going nuclear, no?

I don't know why I feel this pang of regret for Parros but I don't know if I would have called him out personally. Maybe he's a goof who's incompetent, but personally I doubt he really has the autonomy to decide these things without several layers of oversight.

Put differently, I don't like the idea that the NHL can erase this by getting rid of Parros and moving on as if he just made a bad call on this one. It's an NHL problem, it's not a Parros problem.
Of course it is more than just a Parros problem.

He probably needs to get approval from someone above him before giving out punishment.

Do you think Bettman, Daly, and etc., want Wilson getting a long suspension and then that suspension making the evening news?

Better to just sweep it under the rug, like a corrupt politician would.

Reactions: Biltmore

lawrence

May 19, 2012
you guys want ferland? it's 3.5 million.

back story.

Capitals at Canucks. Wilson was running at our key players, running through with hard nasty clean hits, chirping and being chippy. At the face off dot, Mike Ferland was chatting with him.

Tom Wilson at that point stopped his dirtnyess for the rest of that game.

I hope Rangers bring in someone to counter Wilson next time. Panarin is such a nice guy.

HoBOonFiRE

Nov 8, 2009
Oshawa
I mean isn't this the reason we have the repeat offender rule?

When have fans ever been okay with punching a defenseless player in the back of the head while he's face down on the ice?
Yeah I would agree. The NHL is weird with that though.

The reputation part is only taken into account when the act itself is deemed suspendable. If its then deemed a suspendable act then thats when the players' reputation kicks in for more extreme discipline. I dont necessarily agree with that but I personally wouldn't deem the play itself (disregarding it was Wilson) as suspendable.

But because it was Wilson and it can be argued as attacking a defenseless player then the debate for him being suspended is valid IMO.
The social media & Rangers outrage is unwarranted. I saw people freaking out on Twitter before I saw it and was expecting to see something crazy..I thought I was watching the wrong clip. It was quite mild compared to what social media was making it out to be.

Reactions: Smokin krak koken

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
Honest question, is there even an old school goon left in the league or even AHL big enough to actually beat Wilson down in a fight? Kurtis McDermid of LA maybe?

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
When the Rangers are ordered to pay $250,000 in fines for that tweet/statement they should first say "Fine, it was worth it", then demand the NHL put the money towards recruiting a competent Head of Player Safety.

pdavemoney

May 29, 2019
I think it's just an org has finally had enough with the incompetence of the DOPS and ripped them a new one. I imagine most other orga are secretly giving the Rangers a Thumbs up.

That department and how they handle discipline is out dated and out of touch with what most of the fans actually value in hockey now. The whole department needs to get gutted. Better yet have a neutral third party handle all discipline.

This very well could be true, and I don't disagree with a lot of what you just said. However, I still think calling for the ouster of the head of DOPS in a public statement is a garbage move for an organization to make.

Also, if teams really do feel that way, then there better be a lot soul searching and looking in the mirror. To pretend all other NHL teams employs upstanding players is just laughable. This will lead us down a road of no scrums/no fights.

Reactions: surixon

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Honest question, is there even an old school goon left in the league or even AHL big enough to actually beat Wilson down in a fight? Kurtis McDermid of LA maybe?
Ryan reaves has done it. Adam mcquaid has done it. Trent Frederic held his own. This narrative that Wilson is some unstoppable force is really overdone. Ross johnston could cook him on the isles.

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
Fine a repeat offender 5000$ won’t get media attention.

Fine a team that publicly went against that decision 250 000$ will definitely get the media attention.

I guess in the end, if it serves the purpose of changing the way this league deals with suspensions, others teams will gladly chip in to help Rangers pay it off.
If I was the Rangers (which I’m not), I’d refuse to pat any fine relating to that statement.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
I mean isn't this the reason we have the repeat offender rule?

When have fans ever been okay with punching a defenseless player in the back of the head while he's face down on the ice?
According to some, the punches were into his shoulder. Yeah, delusional. And of course, this was done after Buch supposedly tried to eviscerate Vanacek with his skates. Alternate universe stuff, for sure. Tommy is a good boy, other player's heads unfortunately just get in his way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad