Rangers calling out DOPS! (UPD: NYR fined $250,000)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
As a neutral fan, I agree 100% with the Rangers, and it looks absolutely awful on the league that they have a team putting them on blast. I don't know if it's politics or incompetence, but Wilson should be gone from the league permanently for that performance (and all the other crap that he's pulled). Fire Parros and replace him with someone like Andrew Shaw, maybe they'll start taking safety seriously.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Rangers are going to get fined a lot more than Wilson.

The NHL won't appreciate one of its teams drawing attention to incompetence. Especially after the Tim Peel fiasco damaged the credibility of the league.
they will get fined and clearly they knew it when they made the statement. their goal was to call out Parros and to embarrass Bettman, and to that point they did an excellent job. I wish Jeremy Jacob's had the nuts to have called out Wilson and Parros earlier in the year

Crow

May 19, 2014
They should have done this, but more professionally. It’s overly dramatic for my tastes. Leave out “horrifying act of violence” at minimum. Maybe they just want attention, interest or enthusiasm with that bit.

Last edited:

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007

The NHL won't appreciate one of its teams drawing attention to incompetence. Especially after the Tim Peel fiasco damaged the credibility of the league.

Its a good thing the Rangers have the highest net worth in the sport. Whatever they fine them will be a drop in the bucket. Im sure they know they will get fined and they are fine with it.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !

Fine a repeat offender 5000$ won’t get media attention.

Fine a team that publicly went against that decision 250 000$ will definitely get the media attention.

I guess in the end, if it serves the purpose of changing the way this league deals with suspensions, others teams will gladly chip in to help Rangers pay it off.

Reactions: Biltmore

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
It won't be. The Rangers CAN'T release a statement like that and then goon it up - even if they HAD players on the team that could goon it up, which they don't.
Why not? What would happen? They gonna fine them?.....

Reactions: Hynh

pdavemoney

May 29, 2019
Listen, I think Wilson is a POS clown, but this is going down a slippery slope. The organization could've said they're not happy, maybe a review of the DOPS is in order, etc, but to call for the ousting of Parros while not having any other grievances with the DOPS prior to this. (Correct me if I'm wrong) Just Silly. Total 2021 BS move.

Soon enough the scrums/fights will be out of the game. A lot of emotion will be lost. I'm sure we/I will move on, and I'm sure many will be pleased, but I for one love the edge hockey brings. I hope it doesn't get lost.

Even with all that said, I think Wilson should've been punished harder. Its just is a slippery slope because pokes, punches and even takedown happen post whistle a lot. NHL is in a bind now. Ugh.

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
They'll probably get fined more than Wilson for putting out that statement because NHL.

I think other teams should follow suit and post something similar.

Indeed, Wilson can and likely will sue them for libel. The due process was executed and despite this, the Rangers keep maligning him.

Foots

ALL OURS
May 5, 2018
Listen, I think Wilson is a POS clown, but this is going down a slippery slope. The organization could've said they're not happy, maybe a review of the DOPS is in order, etc, but to call for the ousting of Parros while not having any other grievances with the DOPS prior to this. (Correct me if I'm wrong) Just Silly. Total 2021 BS move.

Soon enough the scrums/fights will be out of the game. A lot of emotion will be lost. I'm sure we/I will move on, and I'm sure many will be pleased, but I for one love the edge hockey brings. I hope it doesn't get lost.

Even with all that said, I think Wilson should've been punished harder. Its just is a slippery slope because pokes, punches and even takedown happen post whistle a lot. NHL is in a bind now. Ugh.
We can thank the Rongos for that.

Reactions: Smokin krak koken

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Why not? What would happen? They gonna fine them?.....

They can't act like they're disappointed in DOPS for not suspending someone for goonery and then do the EXACT thing they called out the DOPS for not punishing. It diminishes the message. Either put out the press release OR tell your players that the only thing that matters tomorrow is that Wilson leaves the ice on a stretcher. Can't do both.

Reactions: greatwhitenorth

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
To put it in perspective, I was listening to NHL Radio on Sirius, and they were making jokes about the $5,000 fine to Wilson, and how it was inadequate. That is an NHL owned property and they were making fun of the decision that was made.

The general view of this, optics, is a bad look for the NHL. The vast majority of neutral fans feel like they dropped the ball [or puck rather] with this incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->