Rangers calling out DOPS! (UPD: NYR fined $250,000)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If Panarin landed right on his head (which he almost did) would we still be taking issue with "horrifying act of violence?"

I've seen guys knock opponents out in a fight and grab their heads so they don't hit the ice.

You don't do that and any hockey player knows you don't do that.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
think what you want about the situation but making a "karen" post on twitter is not a good look for a pro hockey team.

It's a press release. How else are they supposed to get the message across? People from every single fanbase are MAD that nothing is being done, and their outrage is totally justified. How don't you see that?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
DO you have any links? How many is "many media members"? Which media members?
A couple? I listened to several on the radio on my way to work this morning, but if I wade through the internet...

Was suggesting Wilson be suspended indefinitely an overreaction?

The idea that every single media member agrees with the Rangers is incorrect. It's easy to get that impression when every headline you can find references their opinion without necessarily committing to it.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I cant blame them, its true and well deserved. When they get their significant fine they have coming from the NHL, I hope they double down on what they said and release another statement saying they arent sorry and still believe what they said is true.

Rangers79

Aug 10, 2012
New Jersey
Maybe stop living vicariously through your team? Jalen Hurts could take a shit at midfield during a Monday night football game and I couldn’t care less.

I love hockey, I'm a huge Rangers fan. Hockey is the only sport I watch. These people are a whole other level though. Their team is all they have. They think some twitter post is gonna haunt fans? No one cares lol

The Grim Reaper

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2017
Hobart, Tasmania
I love hockey, I'm a huge Rangers fan. Hockey is the only sport I watch. These people are a whole other level though. Their team is all they have. They think some twitter post is gonna haunt fans? No one cares lol

I think this is something most people get over in their late teens / early 20’s. So it’s either somebody young, or somebody who sadly still wears a letterman jacket in their 30’s.

Reactions: Rangers79

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
If Panarin landed right on his head (which he almost did) would we still be taking issue with "horrifying act of violence?"

I've seen guys knock opponents out in a fight and grab their heads so they don't hit the ice.

You don't do that and any hockey player knows you don't do that.
As I said earlier, most here are too young to know why the all star game exists. Look up Ace Bailey.

Reactions: PattyLafontaine

gtrower

Feb 10, 2016
This kind of thinking is why the officiating and player discipline in the NHL is so damn awful. Nobody wants to even try to push back and hold the league accountable for fear of looking “whiny” or “classless” or whatever bullshit descriptor you want to use. Maybe if more teams complained about the rulings and calls they were unhappy with, the league would be motivated to f***ing change.

Also, would you have been more okay with this if they called a press conference and read the statement aloud? What does it being social media have to do with anything at all?

You’ve gotta understand social media. It reads as an organization running to dad to get their brother to stop messing with them.

Yeah tomorrow when the HC is in front of cameras you voice your displeasure. And as soon as the whistle blows you fight Wilson as many times as you feel is warranted.

Reactions: Smokin krak koken

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
A couple? I listened to several on the radio on my way to work this morning, but if I wade through the internet...

The idea that every single media member agrees with the Rangers is incorrect. It's easy to get that impression when every headline you can find references their opinion without necessarily committing to it.

Either Wilson was drunk and couldn't tell Buchnevich's shoulder from his head, thought he was cuddling with his little brother, or he punched him in his head. I mean literally why would he punch Buchnevich's shoulder what is this grade school? Or did he miss? In that case the intention was still there, it doesn't matter the he apparently has bad aim. The Panarin "fight" he f***ing ragdolled him with no helmet on and tried hit his head on the ice TWICE. He's got like 60 pounds on Panarin. The only reason Panarin got involved is to pull him off Strome. The only reason Strome got involved was because Wilson attacked Buchnevich. Oh I forgot he hit his shoulder, because he's in grade school.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
For the people suggesting that the NYR could refuse to participate in revenue sharing.... all that would happen is they would have a meeting and
David silver him.

The ownership would lose the franchise and the new owners would know never to try that again

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
I cant imagine Wilson plays tonorrow, right? Itd be a pretty wise idea to at least control the potential s*** show while you can. No way Wilson gets much sleep tonight knowing hes in for a rough one tomorrow, especially if the Rangers call up Geersten

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
think what you want about the situation but making a "karen" post on twitter is not a good look for a pro hockey team.

I don't know how pointing out that the DOPS has been doing a terrible job (for years) is a "Karen" post.

Wilson's antics belong in a 1920 NHL game, not the modern day NHL. Would probably be BFF with Sprague Cleghorn and Billy Coutu.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
It needs to be said that the NHL is reverting back to it's old ways in which refs put the whistle away and players get away with far too much.

Clean up the game or remain stuck in the Dark Ages and the butt end of jokes that reinforces the stereotype of the brainless, thug, meathead hockey player.

Reactions: Biltmore

RVACapsFan

May 31, 2018
I cant imagine Wilson plays tonorrow, right? Itd be a pretty wise idea to at least control the potential s*** show while you can. No way Wilson gets much sleep tonight knowing hes in for a rough one tomorrow, especially if the Rangers call up Geersten
I’d have a lot more respect for NYR if they called up Geersten to settle the score and fight Wilson tomorrow night rather than putting out that comical statement on Twitter.

Reactions: Smokin krak koken

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The rangers really jumped this all up a notch there if you ask me. Would have been easy to disagree but move on, the rangers arent in the playoffs.

This game tomorrow isn't going to live up to the hype, is it... The nhl will threaten both teams and limit any type of response, there's no way the nhl will give it a chance to get out of control.

WTF does that have to do with anything? Wilson legit could have killed Panarin if he landed on his head, he was with his helmet and almost hit his head flat on the ice. What difference do the playoffs make in this scenario? Seriously, you're completely missing the point.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid

Wysh is a huge d-bag who would do a complete 180 if this had happened to his Devils. Not sure why anyone trusts his opinion concerning a rival team. He has always been one of the most petty and least professional "journalists" around.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
You’ve gotta understand social media. It reads as an organization running to dad to get their brother to stop messing with them.

Yeah tomorrow when the HC is in front of cameras you voice your displeasure. And as soon as the whistle blows you fight Wilson as many times as you feel is warranted.

The HC voiced his displeasure last night and this afternoon. I’m sure he will tomorrow. Players on the team have done the same thing. This statement isn’t isolated.

The Rangers are perfectly aware of how it reads and they clearly understand media better than you, including social media. It doesn’t matter if they were right or wrong. The intent was to stoke and perpetuate a negative storm of press for the league, the DoPS, and Parros. No matter if you agree with them or not, all of the reactions across the spectrum do exactly that. This is PR, not a courtroom for truth and justice.

Reactions: 2Leetch_94

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
There needs be a suspension or some kind, or a penalty to the NYR staff. It is not allowed for the coaches to get involved with referee decisions; quite similarly, this sort of public challenge against the decrees of the league must be addressed. What Wilson did was not great, but that does not make a case for the NYR to challenge the due process in this way.

Hi Gary, how's your day going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad