Rangers calling out DOPS! (UPD: NYR fined $250,000)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cricket Green

May 1, 2021
Backstrom, Ovy, Kuzy and Carlson shouldnt have to suffer because their teammate is an inconsiderate ass. Please don't advocate taking a run at Wilson or his teammate. At this point, the villain is the person/people who are CONDONING Wilson's behavior in the form of a $20 fine. A spectactle needs to be made of Bettman and the league as a whole. You'd think the Peel event would have been enough bad publicity for 1 season, but the arrogance of the commissioner's office knows no boundaries, apparently. This letter, coming from the league's most important franchise, is a good start. And Dolan is not the owner Bettman wants to go to war with.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
What would you suspend him for? Throwing Panarin down after Panarin jumped on him? He could have just dropped his gloves and unloaded on him.

Panarin accepted all consequences when he got on Wilson. Sure, he did it to stand up for a teammate, but if you're going to stand up for a teammate then accept what that brings with it. Did he think Wilson was going to just hug it out with him because he's a soft forward? That's now how this works.

Reactions: Smokin krak koken

Cricket Green

May 1, 2021
It's obvious to everyone agrees with you and anyone else is wrong. Look, I'm not going to say the situation isn't unique, it is. I still don't think it's a good idea for the NHL to cave to a single team's demands and replace a figurehead for one more likely to favor said team.

That said, I doubt that was the Rangers' intention. It's theater and it's a good play. I was just wondering about how steep the slope gets when the next guy doesn't punish a situation in a way that yet another team can agree with.

No vitriol here.

Pay less attention to what the letter says and more to who it is coming from.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Don't these clowns employ someone who is notorious for running goalies? They just come off as whiners in this whole thing.

The guy one time in 2014 was going full speed and tripped and he's "notorious for running goalies". I think he might have had one other incident against the Pens before that. I don't even remember anything like that happening since 2014. What a joke post.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
LOL Rangers fans will really regret this Twitter post for years to come. Karen type shit.

Oh look, a caps fan!
If someone ran over Backstrom like this, you'd be out for blood. Fact is, the Rangers are protecting their $81 million investment and the rest of their young, talented roster from a guy who cannot control his anger. The NHL bobbled this one badly, and the only idiots who are going to look bad are the skidmarks who think this play is totally acceptable.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
LOL Rangers fans will really regret this Twitter post for years to come. Karen type shit.

Tom Wilson is a skilled Raffi Torres/Matt Cooke. If he was less good at hockey, he'd probably be suspended for a while. Just like the other I mentioned, he's a health hazard to any of his opponent.

He needs to tone that shit down, we're not in the 1990s anymore.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I like them having the stones to call the NHL on it’s BS, but the wording is a little pathetic.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
What would you suspend him for? Throwing Panarin down after Panarin jumped on him? He could have just dropped his gloves and unloaded on him.
What would you want to arrest Bertuzzi for, punching a guy once after that guy started shit earlier in the game?"

Why is ignoring reality and context so easy for people?

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Regardless of how you feel about Wilson / the events last night, Rangers putting out a tweet like this is full cringe. Every team has calls / rulings they’re not happy with. You don’t go crying about it on social media.

This kind of thinking is why the officiating and player discipline in the NHL is so damn awful. Nobody wants to even try to push back and hold the league accountable for fear of looking “whiny” or “classless” or whatever bullshit descriptor you want to use. Maybe if more teams complained about the rulings and calls they were unhappy with, the league would be motivated to f***ing change.

Also, would you have been more okay with this if they called a press conference and read the statement aloud? What does it being social media have to do with anything at all?

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
I'm 100% okay with Wilson doing this type of stuff as long as the league gets rid of the instigator. Dude's schtick only works with that protection in place.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Panarin accepted all consequences when he got on Wilson. Sure, he did it to stand up for a teammate, but if you're going to stand up for a teammate then accept what that brings with it. Did he think Wilson was going to just hug it out with him because he's a soft forward? That's now how this works.
Can you name another instance where the result was a hair pull into an almost head slam? You are right. That's not how this works.

Reactions: Luc Labelle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad