Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Bruins | 1/19/13

BigMick99

Jan 19, 2013
Matawan, NJ
Del Zaster

Would someone tell me what the hell Michael Del Zotto was doing at times in this game? He looked lost, and was awful on the PK.

TC82

Aug 27, 2012
I have a hard time seeing how Eminger can be worse than Bickel. Bickel is a liability every time he's on the ice.

Bickel should not play every night. I agree, Eminger can't be a worse option. Torts probably wants some grit in the lineup againt physical teams like the Bruins (+ Asham was still suspended). If this (Bickel playing every night) becomes the norm, then I'll get worried.

BigMick99

Jan 19, 2013
Matawan, NJ
Kreider didn't impress me last night, either. I know it's early, and we should all ignore the piss poor overall quality of play, but Hagelin would have been fine if he hadn't taken two dumb penalties.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Kreider didn't impress me last night, either. I know it's early, and we should all ignore the piss poor overall quality of play, but Hagelin would have been fine if he hadn't taken two dumb penalties.
Kreider is playing with boyle so its tough for him to generate any offense. When he plays with better linemates like stepan callahan and richards he is a lot more useful

NYRANGERAMI*

Well it was a great season. See everyone next year. Trade Nash and fire Torts. Thank You and good night.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
If they can't get any semblance of a PP (5 on 3 included) this season will have more of the same for us to sit back and enjoy.

"Ahhhhhh severe incompetence... Nothing is as refreshing"

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
There was just no hustle on the offense today.. We have 0 legit chances.... Even Richards goal wasn't a great chance..
I know Boston has a good tough defense but we made the look even better. I mean we looked slow and soft. Look I understand having some rust but Boston didnt have much rust after the first 6 or 7 minutes. Torts needs to switch the lines up in my opinions. Move hags down to the 3rd move kreider with stepan and cally plays with nash and richards

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
I have a question for a our Swedish posters. When does the SEL season end? Because Sather has already brought up the possibility of bringing Lindberg and Fast over this year and we could really use some depth in the bottom six forwards. Since we're burning a year of their ELCs either way this season, they might be worth a look.

The regular season ends in early March, but since they both play for the best teams in the league it might end in the middle of April. Haven't watched too many HV71 games but what I've seen from Lindberg in Skellefteå I can say that he's done a great job. Would be cool to see him in a Rangers jersey one day.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
If I had to list the biggest concern last night, it would be the total ineptitude of Derek Stepan and Marian Gaborik.

msv957

Aug 3, 2005
Kreider is playing with boyle so its tough for him to generate any offense. When he plays with better linemates like stepan callahan and richards he is a lot more useful

Any NHL player will be a lot more useful if they play with linemates such as Stepan and Callahan. I do agree that putting Kreider on a scoring line will put him in a position to be successful. However, it is up to Kreider to force the coaches to put him on a scoring line. Hagelin was real good last year so I can see why the coaches put Hagelin on the scoring line to start the season.

This is a good problem to have as this could force Kreider to step up his game and become the player many are anticipating.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Any NHL player will be a lot more useful if they play with linemates such as Stepan and Callahan. I do agree that putting Kreider on a scoring line will put him in a position to be successful. However, it is up to Kreider to force the coaches to put him on a scoring line. Hagelin was real good last year so I can see why the coaches put Hagelin on the scoring line to start the season.

This is a good problem to have as this could force Kreider to step up his game and become the player many are anticipating.
Im not saying Kreider was good last night but it was his first game against a tough team and he is playing on a line with grinders. Im not saying Kreider should play on the first lline but the second line with stepan who he has chemistry with

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
That's blasphemy on this board, brother. You better watch your inbox!

Boyle has 33 assists in 272 career games, I'm sorry but this illustrates his lack of offensive vision and his skill set. He's a 4th line center, a good one. He's a good pker, knows his role, fits in great with the team and its identity. But the truth of the matter is he is not a 3rd line center.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Blaming Kreider or Hags for this one is really shortsighted.

The only players who got on the plane were Hank, McD, Del Z, and roughly half of Nash.

Team was flat out not ready to play.

I don't think any one is blaming Kreider or Hags. The team sucked as a whole. Kreider just especially blew chunks.

His lazy line change is what caused that second goal IMO. With his speed he needs to hustle back not go for the change.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
If you guys thought Nash was good yesterday, you'll be very happy with him at season end. He's better when he's selfish with the puck, he looked like he was trying to hard to pass to his new teammates. He's a beast, and once he gets greedy with the puck, the goals will come in bunches.

Anisimov/Dubinsky was by far our best tandem tonight. Rinne will be seeing that backhand roofer in his nightmares.

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
Hank and the D looked good. Passing was pretty sloppy. Forwards were in the wrong spots pretty often.

In other words, they were rusty. They'll get it together.

Do I wish they had come out looking like they were picking up where they left off last season? Sure. But I'm not worried.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I don't think any one is blaming Kreider or Hags. The team sucked as a whole. Kreider just especially blew chunks.

His lazy line change is what caused that second goal IMO. With his speed he needs to hustle back not go for the change.

Yea, but didnt you know if Kreider is coddled and put with better offensive players, all that stuff is going to magically change?

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012

The Bruins just flat out kicked the rangers ass last night. They looked faster tougher and more crisp while we didnt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad