Post-Game Talk: RANGERS @ blackhawks

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
We still have a shot at the playoffs. If we win against Carolina it’s got make things even tougher. They already said that they aren’t just gonna punt the season if they are close

Worst thing to do though would be to hold onto Kreider but not sign him and get like a 3rd round pick for his rights before the draft

Gotta make that decision one way or the other

e: that said, kinda insane that they could be right there for the playoffs. I know this team has a good amount of talent but it's taken them quite awhile to start putting it together. I guess my big hope is that whatever they do this deadline and offseason, we don't start next season having to wait 2/3rds of the season for them to put it together again and be just on the outside looking in again

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Worst thing to do though would be to hold onto Kreider but not sign him and get like a 3rd round pick for his rights before the draft

Gotta make that decision one way or the other

e: that said, kinda insane that they could be right there for the playoffs. I know this team has a good amount of talent but it's taken them quite awhile to start putting it together. I guess my big hope is that whatever they do this deadline and offseason, we don't start next season having to wait 2/3rds of the season for them to put it together again and be just on the outside looking in again
I never said we should do that. I simply have confidence in this team and granted we can resign Kreider before Monday

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
We still have a shot at the playoffs. If we win against Carolina it’s got make things even tougher. They already said that they aren’t just gonna punt the season if they are close
I believe that Gorton has a much clear eyed, cold hearted view. I also believe that nothing is happening by chance. He has weighed the odds and will do what he feels is best, no matter what anguish or joy it causes fans.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
The Blackhawk fans last night seriously think Dach will be better than Kakko, which is fine, but it's one year. They're 18.
Must be nice to spend most of the season with Debrincat/Strome/Kane. Dach and Hughes get an absurd amount of O-zone starts. Probably one of my biggest gripes with Quinn is that Kakko gets evenly distributed zone starts.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Must be nice to spend most of the season with Debrincat/Strome/Kane. Dach and Hughes get an absurd amount of O-zone starts. Probably one of my biggest gripes with Quinn is that Kakko gets evenly distributed zone starts.
They were comparing PP points (2 for Dach, I believe) compared to 12 for Kakko. Kakko has played third line with another 20 year old and Di Guiseppe, and he's been on line four. Thre's so much more that goes into it. It's like the Isles fans a couple weeks back on their board saying, "is it just me or does Kakko look incredibly underwhelming for a no.2 pick."

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Kakko has been steadily getting better every night, love or hate Quinn but this process has gotten him to this point.

Yeah I'm not expecting magically huge strides in the middle of a long season.

The offseason is where I'm really hoping he'll take time to train and work on his skating, ready to come back and play at an NHL pace.

As for playoff push- there's a lot of 4 point games coming up against Philadelphia.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
Hmmm...it was Richter?

My bad. Still pissed about giving up that goal. I probably should get over it as it’s only been close to 30 years ago...lol

Yeah I remember that goal and the Graves' slash that both derailed that season/series. Blah 91-92 was a funner season to watch than 94 and it sucks they couldn't pull it out. I knew about the five 30 goal scorers that year. Also Graves, who finished with 26 goals that season scored at a essentially a 40 goal pace over the last half of the season after struggling to start his first year with the Rangers.

The Rangers actually had three 30 goal scorers the following year as well (the disastrous 92-93 season). Gartner, Graves, and Amonte.

Bruins 33
Lightning 32
Avs 31
Caps 28
Rangers 27

That's RW for the year. Cats and Oilers also tied with NYR. I know people rag on Quinn, but, come on, he has this team in a heck of a spot. They've come a long way. Still believe he's the guy. No coach will ever make the right call on every decision. We're human.

RW = Regulation Wins for those not picking it up. It's funny because last year, we saw a lot of posters saying how the Rangers were really a bottom three team in the league due to being last in ROW and were higher up in the standings due to luck/"the loser point". This year has been the opposite.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
What's Hank take on this (full NMC)? And what's the interest level for him (probably minimal)?

Based on previous comments it seems he isn't content with his legacy and his main priority is being able to say he spent his entire career with one team and retiring a Ranger is more important than Cup chasing in another city. But who knows, that might have changed based on recent developments.

It's one thing to say it. Retiring a career Ranger sounds good on paper but now he is faced with the reality of riding out his contract from the bench and even press box.

Knowing how competitive he is that has to be torture. This 3 man rotation has thrown his entire routine into flux. If you know anything about hockey player and even more so goalies they live and breath by their routines.

Think about what that means for practice. For what 15 years the entire teams focus was on his game day preparation, now I think on most days he is treated like a journeyman AHL'er and skates before the team even practices.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Just keep winning!!!! Like I said I was down for the rebuild long before we did it but I feel we are very close now and still can get there this year. LGR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->