3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
We better be getting a ridiculous return. When he’s on the ice with Panarin magic happens (same with Fox). We should want that for the next 5-6 years
Oh I fully agree with that! He’s not in his prime yet. That alone should command a substantial premium.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Do you guys remember early in the season where we were all convinced Kreider turned to shit?

That's been Kreids his entire career. When he is on and playing like the missle he is capable of being, he is a true game breaker. Everyone always talks about MSL and his mother being the turning point against Pittsburgh but they also forget Kreider came back from injury Game 5 in classic beast mode and that was what really got us going.

When he is off and playing dumb hockey its painful to watch

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Or reminding the GM why he should be re-signed.
I mean no offense to Gorton but if he gets seduced by a Kreider hot streak to keep him, not a good look lol

You’d think we’re talking about Ovechkin or something the way some are speaking about Kreider these last few weeks

Reactions: mschmidt64

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
I mean no offense to Gorton but if he gets seduced by a Kreider hot streak to keep him, not a good look lol

You’d think we’re talking about Ovechkin or something the way some are speaking about Kreider these last few weeks
Even when he isn’t scoring he does so many other things. He had become a much more complete player too. Nobody is saying he is Ovechkin either lol

Reactions: egelband

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Do you guys remember early in the season where we were all convinced Kreider turned to shit?

Yup I remember vividly. The narrative for first month to 6 weeks of season was that Kreider looked like he was tanking the season which was bizarre seeing he was playing for a contract but yeah he stunk it up first 6 weeks.

But since mid-November and I said this in the Kreider thread, this is no question about it, it's not even close this is THE best sustained consistent play from Kreider since he became a Ranger.

And that's what's so frustrating and such a dilemma for alot of us including moi about whether or not we sign him or not, seeing this kind Kreider of past 10 weeks or so, is exactly what this team needs to get to the next level.

He's such a unique player as there are very very few players in the league who combine the physicality, speed and skill that he has...it's going to be really hard to see him go despite how frustrating he has been at times during his time here.

What to do...what to do. Our boy Gorton better get a friggen hell of a haul if he's dealing him as he should.

Last edited:

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Even when he isn’t scoring he does so many other things. He had become a much more complete player too. Nobody is saying he is Ovechkin either lol
Kreiders been playing like this his entire career

Hot and cold

He’s not doing anything out of his ordinary, he just happens to be doing it at a time when he might be on the move

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

He's been great with 32 points in his last 30 games. I don't know why you can't understand why people want to keep him.

Reactions: Maximus

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC

Gorton has been good at cutting bait on our core guys at the right time before we were stuck with them or had to commit long term.

Callahan, Stepan, Brassard, Zucc. McDonagh, Miller, Hayes, etc.

Kreider will most likely be handled the same way.. I really dont want to be the team that gives him something similar to what Lee got last summer, maybe looking at slightly more.

That's a prime candidate to be a serious regret by year 2-3

Reactions: Oscar Lindberg

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Kreiders been playing like this his entire career

Hot and cold

He’s not doing anything out of his ordinary, he just happens to be doing it at a time when he might be on the move

Idk, it's natural te worry that this is the big bad Kreider breakout we have been waiting on all this time and now is when we really have to trade him....

I think what's really happening is our entire offense is being inflated by Panarin. Even those who aren't on the ice at the same time as him, that is what a unique talent Breads is

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Also its amazing how well Kreider is handling this given how poorly Zuuc did last season
Kreider also nosedived after the trade deadline last season, at least as far as goal scoring goes. Think he had like 9 goals in the 2nd half. Zucc leaving hurt us all. Also Zucc started picking up his game around new years up until he was traded.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Gorton has been good at cutting bait on our core guys at the right time before we were stuck with them or had to commit long term.

Callahan, Stepan, Brassard, Zucc. McDonagh, Miller, Hayes, etc.

Kreider will most likely be handled the same way.. I really dont want to be the team that gives him something similar to what Lee got last summer, maybe looking at slightly more.

That's a prime candidate to be a serious regret by year 2-3

Not sure I'd include JT Miller on that list. Still young and seems to finally be breaking out.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Not sure I'd include JT Miller on that list. Still young and seems to finally be breaking out.

Right, but I think him getting traded twice was what finally made it click for him. He was what he was in NY, AV could be to blame for that.

Put it this way, if JT got a $5.25 million contract from Tampa, you have to factor in the Yzerman discount and the Florida vs. NY taxes .. thats good for at least $1 million, maybe more, shaved off his salary, would you really want to have given the version of Miller that likely topped out in NY up to $6.5 million per? No, of course not.

It's only a bad look now in typical Rangers bad luck fashion TB moved him for a 1st, Miller is having a career year and that shiny pick now belongs in NJ.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Ah yes clearly the takeaway from my post was “I can’t understand why people want to keep him”

You act like this streak he is on is the only time he has played well in his career. He scored 28 goals last year and is on his way to 30 this year, plus the other things he brings to the table. We get it, you don't want to sign him to a long term deal. You will get your wish in a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->