GDT: Rangers at Canes

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Not only that, it looked to me like he effectively picked 2-3 defenders at the same time with his body control.

He’s just a high quality disruptor and his effectiveness has not dropped in the NHL. If anything it is increasing with quality of teammates. I said it in the preseason and I’ll say it again, I think Foegele has a shot to become a bigger, less nasty Marchand.

What if he worked on his nastiness and was just as nasty as Marchand? I think that would be something...

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
That would suck. For years we've been saying that Marchand could be an MVP-type player if he could avoid penalties, fights and suspensions. Going "full Marchand" in terms of nastiness is too far, IMO.

Maybe you're right, but it would be nice for a change to have some level of nastiness after years of softness. I don't appreciate his trash talking antics, but the beating he put on that Caps guy in retaliation for his team being humiliated was utterly savage.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Maybe you're right, but it would be nice for a change to have some level of nastiness after years of softness. I don't appreciate his trash talking antics, but the beating he put on that Caps guy in retaliation for his team being humiliated was utterly savage.

Ya it was super awesome how he jumped him because his team was getting killed.

Wish we had a couple guys like that.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
That would suck. For years we've been saying that Marchand could be an MVP-type player if he could avoid penalties, fights and suspensions. Going "full Marchand" in terms of nastiness is too far, IMO.

2jox7l.jpg

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009

He’s a gutless puss that turtles when any actual tough guy comes within 20 feet of him. Big tough guy beating up Lars f***ing Eller. If that little twat played in the 80s or 90s he’d have been drinking out of a straw 5 years ago.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
As an aside, evidently, Marchand wants his name pronounced Mar-SHOND this year instead of Mar-SHAND. It was fun watching idiot Jack Edwards mess it up 100 times today and have to apologize.

Tavares went from Ta-VER-is to Ta-VAR-is, too. Which led to the Andreas Nodl reference between John and Tripp the other night.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
As an aside, evidently, Marchand wants his name pronounced Mar-SHOND this year instead of Mar-SHAND. It was fun watching idiot Jack Edwards mess it up 100 times today and have to apologize.

Tavares went from Ta-VER-is to Ta-VAR-is, too. Which led to the Andreas Nodl reference between John and Tripp the other night.

I’ve called him Mar-SHOND since the beginning.

I’ve also called him Ta-VAR-iss since the beginning. I’m pretty sure that one was 50/50 amongst the general public before he made the “switch.” More of a clarification than a switch.

The Nodl discussion was amazing. “I’m Fors-LOOND now, you didn’t know that but I am.”

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I watched some of the rangers broadcast too, and I thought it was interesting they told a story about Foegele. I thought I heard a comment on how he had generously gave the number up, but the rangers crew told the story straight from Foegele how they called him up and asked what number he wanted - when he said he already had one they told him it had been given away and asked what he wanted instead. Since he wasn't very lucky he chose 13.

Historically the Rangers have always had one of the best unbiased and knowledgable crews. I watch them as often as possible, even though they've changed personnel. Sam Rosen and John Davidson were amazing years ago.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
So for all the Foegele love, credit to @NotOpie IIRC, he was one of the only poster a couple of years ago that was tooting Foegele's horn. As much **** as I like to give him, he was dead on here.

As we say down here in the Carolinas, "....even a blind pig finds a corn cob every now and then". :naughty:

He, Martinook and Wallmark are playing well together and scoring.

This kid is going to just take off once he gets lined up with more skilled forwards & gets more ice time.

So not to get too gushy over Wallmark, but I always felt he was more than serviceable as a bottom 6 guy. People forget that he played over 3 years w/men in Sweden. Add to that his 101 points as a Checker (including 60 helpers). Right now he's the perfect compliment to Svechnikov. Experienced but not so much as to have Andrei feel a need to be deferential. As a very good distributor, he's also a guy who can finish a big rebound (as we saw last night). Throw Martinook in the mix and you've got another guy who can make space. That line is constructed perfectly for Svechnikov to get scoring opportunities under a little less pressure to start. Personally, I think it is brilliant usage by Roddy early in the season. I also agree with those who say, "give it time". Because he will see more minutes and may even end up in the Top 6 sooner rather than later.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
Rask may be pushing Necas out when he gets back if he doesn't show much improvement.

If Necas doesn't look a little more comfortable in his role by the time Rask is back this is probably the best idea. I think Necas would benefit from some time in Charlotte more than Wallmark would. A lot can happen in the next few months though...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad