Rumor: Rangers "Are In Big-Time" to Acquire Jonathan Drouin

vstk

Jun 17, 2011
Valhalla, NY
"Breaking news: Rangers are among the 28 teams that have inquired about Jonathan Drouin."

I don't see how we can get him without giving too much.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Hes 19..how many players come in at 19 and dominate besides the absolute elite superstars?

What does this have to do with anything? I'm not impressed with how he has looked in the NHL so far. He's a top pick and is a slight guy. I don't really think he has much star potential from how he's looked so far.

Can guys develop? Sure. But he better develop quickly.

Also, check your facts. He's nearly 21.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
What does this have to do with anything? I'm not impressed with how he has looked in the NHL so far. He's a top pick and is a slight guy. I don't really think he has much star potential from how he's looked so far.

Can guys develop? Sure. But he better develop quickly.

Also, check your facts. He's nearly 21.

You weren't impressed with how he looked with Brian Boyle? Cause that's who he's played most of his career with.

19 or 20...is really that big of a difference?

To each their own....praying we trade Yandle for him.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
You weren't impressed with how he looked with Brian Boyle? Cause that's who he's played most of his career with.

19 or 20...is really that big of a difference?

To each their own....praying we trade Yandle for him.

Yeah. It is a pretty big difference.

Being nearly 21 is two full years of post-18 development for a player. That's massive. And, frankly, it's a big difference because you specifically jumped on me for going after someone you thought was a 19 year old.

I don't mind trading for him, but he's not going to be a star. He's not strong at all. His shot looks a fair bit below league average. His skating is not as good as I'd like to see in a smaller guy (his speed is merely average, but he's decent as an East-West guy).

The lack of development in strength is the biggest problem. He could shield the puck well in juniors, but he's been very much exposed in that regard in the NHL.

vstk

Jun 17, 2011
Valhalla, NY
If you don't believe what a one or two year difference in the NHL from 18 to 20 can do, just compare Alexander Barkov the last 3 years.

Edit. Messed up the years

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
What I want to see in Drouin is physical improvement. That's what I wanted to see this year from the kid. If anything, he's about identical to his draft body. Still has the same issues with strength and all, too. I think he will be a good NHLer and I would like him on the Rangers, but I think you're looking at a Brassard-like ceiling right now. Is that a bad thing? Hell no. Brassard is a top-end #2 center!

But I don't see the improvement in play or any real development in him physically that I'd like to see in a "star" prospect. Can it still happen? Sure. Anything can. I just don't find it likely.

But who knows? Maybe he'll find himself away from the Lightning. A team filled with young guys who have seemingly moved past him.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Hes 19..how many players come in at 19 and dominate besides the absolute elite superstars?

People always say this when top draft picks come into the NHL and don't perform. Some will get better and some will continue to suck. Sometimes a player is what he is and no amount of development will save that.

Is this the case with Drouin? Is he worth the gamble?

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
Not at all.

I fully expect that he will NOT be resigned with us. Too many garbage contracts that have handcuffed us.

Get something for him before we lose him for nothing.

I'd rather keep Yandle this year then trade him for Drouin unless the management wants to try to get a higher draft pick because I don't believe Drouin will make as much of a impact as Yandle would for the rest of this season.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Kreider sucks and we should trade him, but Tampa's .5 PPG prospect with huge potential is the ****!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->