Noonan
Gilmour
Pionk
Pedrie
Crawley
Bear gloves KHL Bound?
Crawley down?
or
Holden trade emiment + Kampfer not going back down = Need for D in AHL.

All likely hood its just an AHL swap

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
You don't trade a top 6 AHL forward who can play with players that need linemates (Chytil, Letierri, Nieves, Tambo) to improve their offensive game without another move.

I think it's been decided that Paul Carey is going to be sent down as soon as tomorrow.

Pack going with the 11/7 tonight, same as Rangers, not sustainable for a full season.

If AV barely trusts Cracknell, another move is coming. Michael Ferlund and Sam Bennett are both playing their way off of Calgary at this point. Holden to Calgary actually makes sense.

Griffinbw

Feb 19, 2016
Atlanta
You don't trade a top 6 AHL forward who can play with players that need linemates (Chytil, Letierri, Nieves, Tambo) to improve their offensive game without another move.

I think it's been decided that Paul Carey is going to be sent down as soon as tomorrow.

Pack going with the 11/7 tonight, same as Rangers, not sustainable for a full season.

If AV barely trusts Cracknell, another move is coming. Michael Ferlund and Sam Bennett are both playing their way off of Calgary at this point. Holden to Calgary actually makes sense.
Sam Bennett would be absolutely wonderful. No way they move him for Holden though...

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Bye bye nick Holden. Khaira plus a 4th maybe?

They're going to go for a center or a rh winger with upside.

Josh Leivo for Holden helps both teams. Lots of people think Leivo has 15-20 goal upside from that 3rd line RW slot. TOR needs a reliable stopper and PK option.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
If the Rangers could figure out a way to get Sam Bennett for Nick Holden and a + or two (not the 1st rounder though) they should do it. Bennett has skill and he has grit. Sometimes it takes some time before things come together for a player. A young Adam Graves struggled for a few years and only really hit his stride after he became a Ranger.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
If the Rangers could figure out a way to get Sam Bennett for Nick Holden and a + or two (not the 1st rounder though) they should do it. Bennett has skill and he has grit. Sometimes it takes some time before things come together for a player. A young Adam Graves struggled for a few years and only really hit his stride after he became a Ranger.

He was part and parcel to Edmonton winning a cup on their kid line.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Once he arrives in Det, I wonder if Pumps is going to badmouth us like he did Ottawa.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
He was part and parcel to Edmonton winning a cup on their kid line.

Yeah but I'm talking about a Graves that was having 20-25 point seasons 5 years after he was drafted. Bennett certainly falls into that realm and the league is a lot tougher to put up scoring stats now than it was then. As to your point about the breakout playoff run--Graves was playing on a dynasty powerhouse team when he and the 'Kid line' had their big post season--Bennett's Calgary team is in no way and hasn't been a real contender for a long time. So for me that's just circumstantial or an opportunity that has never arisen for Bennett because his team is kind of average.

I like Bennett and I think he would be a great add and I think there is a lot of upside there.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Bennett strikes me as the type of kid whose grit level would fare better in the Eastern conference rather than the Western conference. I’d take him as a buy-low option

Reactions: eco's bones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad