Confirmed with Link: Rangers acquire Ryan Sproul for Matt Puempel

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Sproul was once highly touted and showed some good offensive abilities at times last season. Many were very excited to have Sproul for a long period of time. Not sure he'll be anything more than a 7th defenseman, but in the right situation he could be semi-productive.

Reactions: Filppula

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Nice, that's a good trade just in the fact they need D more than F. Good luck in Detroit, Pumper.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I don't think he's expected to contribute in the NHL. These kinds of moves happen every year. Shuffling parts in the AHL. Maybe Detroit, who are up against the cap, want an NHL capable forward at league minimum salary.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
I thought Hartford needed a first line forward more than they needed a top pairing D. But if it's a chance for the org to get a guy they kinda like for a guy they soured on, I get it. I liked Puempel last year but he was invisible in camp

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Sproul has been a kid that I've wanted forever and always thought would be the next Mike Green. He'll be a really good addition to Hartford

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
Hartford needed an0ther righty D. Peumpel was a free asset and he would've helped Hartford but they had Gropp, Fontaine, Cantenacci sitting so I guess it opened up a slot?

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Not much harm either way. Serviceable forwards that can be signed for $1M to $1.25M are plentiful every season if you know how to pick them. Hartford could always use more defense.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
So maybe they do end up sending Crawley back to London? Too many D in the AHL at the moment?
Noonan can go back down to the swamp, they've had some trouble hanging on to leads so this looks to be solidifying the D

Graves-Pionk
Bereglazov-Sproul
Crawley-Pedrie/Gilmour

I think this is quite good

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad