Confirmed with Link: Rangers acquire Future Considerations for Austin Rueschhoff

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
He got hot for a short period of time with Hartford last year. He wasn't playing much this year particularly lately. Not sure what the Preds see in him but even if he's big Tanner Jeannot he's not.
I may be wrong, but i suspect this is all about the AHL affiliates,
and expect that Milwaukee will send Hartford a guy on an AHL deal

like how it seems last evening's
Clendening to Hartford, Zach Jordan(had been Pack player in Jax) to Rockford deal
seems an extension of the Kane/Zech/Welinski deal but involving guys on AHL contracts with the AHL affiliates

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I may be wrong, but i suspect this is all about the AHL affiliates,
and expect that Milwaukee will send Hartford a guy on an AHL deal

like how it seems last evening's
Clendening to Hartford, Zach Jordan(had been Pack player in Jax) to Rockford deal
seems an extension of the Kane/Zech/Welinski deal but involving guys on AHL contracts with the AHL affiliates

It could be but by my count Hartford's got plenty of forwards right now:

Tanner Fritz, Turner Elson, Will Cuylle, Ryan Carpenter, Jonny Brodzinski, Lauri Pajuniemi, Bobby Trivigno, Tim Gettinger, Will Lockwood, Gustav Rydahl, Cristiano DiGiacinto, Matt Rempe, Karl Henriksson, Ben Tardif, Alex Whelan and the injured C.J. Smith and Patrick Khodorenko. That's 15 healthy forwards and two injured.

Defense now Hartford has Adam Clendening, Zac Jones, Ty Emberson, Matthew Robertson, Brandon Scanlin, Zach Giuttari, Blake Hillman, Libor Hajek, Cooper Zech. I think Scanlin is currently hurt. That should be a very good D. Welinski did not play well for us and I don't think that's a big loss.

Additionally if the Rangers sign some college or CHL free agents they could play too or if someone like Othmann or BMB have their CHL seasons end early they might show up. Grubbe's another one.

Reactions: leetch99

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010

Tanner Fritz, Turner Elson, Will Cuylle, Ryan Carpenter, Jonny Brodzinski, Lauri Pajuniemi, Bobby Trivigno, Tim Gettinger, Will Lockwood, Gustav Rydahl, Cristiano DiGiacinto, Matt Rempe, Karl Henriksson, Ben Tardif, Alex Whelan and the injured C.J. Smith and Patrick Khodorenko. That's 15 healthy forwards and two injured.

Defense now Hartford has Adam Clendening, Zac Jones, Ty Emberson, Matthew Robertson, Brandon Scanlin, Zach Giuttari, Blake Hillman, Libor Hajek, Cooper Zech. I think Scanlin is currently hurt. That should be a very good D. Welinski did not play well for us and I don't think that's a big loss.

Additionally if the Rangers sign some college or CHL free agents they could play too or if someone like Othmann or BMB have their CHL seasons end early they might show up. Grubbe's another one.
agreed, even with some changes during the next 48 hours, Pack has deep roster
and MANY guys who could join before season ends.
The guys you mentioned.
Also from Juniors, Korczak and Boyko, who are signed. (Barbashev, who like BMB is not signed)
CHL playoffs go very long (4 rounds then Memorial Cup), so these guys likely not available all at once

Berard could be available within a week.
and Edstrom, Sykora are also signed, and Euro seasons end sooner

and as you noted, some few likely UDFA/rights-expiration signings

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Feel bad for that one guy who had that huge post breaking down why he thought Ruechshoff was an underrated prospect

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015

I've listened to the pregame shows and Alex Thomas has not said Scanlin is injured. Perhaps I am wrong but I took this as he was a healthy scratch.
Feel bad for that one guy who had that huge post breaking down why he thought Ruechshoff was an underrated prospect
That may be me. I thought he showed well for his first two years when given the chance but wasn't given a chance often. He had a chance this year and just didn't show enough. He had a really bad game with two turnovers leading to opposing goals and he has mostly been riding the bench since then. I had given up so I wasn't surprised that he wasn't seen as part of the future.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I've listened to the pregame shows and Alex Thomas has not said Scanlin is injured. Perhaps I am wrong but I took this as he was a healthy scratch.

That may be me. I thought he showed well for his first two years when given the chance but wasn't given a chance often. He had a chance this year and just didn't show enough. He had a really bad game with two turnovers leading to opposing goals and he has mostly been riding the bench since then. I had given up so I wasn't surprised that he wasn't seen as part of the future.
No, it wasn't you. They were getting super mad at us in the prospect rankings thread by posting a bunch of clips through the one hot streak that Rueschoff had in his Hartford career

Reactions: Ranger Ric

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
I’ve always wanted future considerations!!! It’s finally happening!!!

Shesty31

Jul 10, 2011
Connecticut
Has there ever been a moment where someone can actually pinpoint future considerations meaning anything at all? Like a trade later down the road partially materialized because of it or something? Some GM has had to been on a radio show at some point and explained if it’s actually means anything lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad