RANG E and R and S

TonyTheGr8

Window shut..for now
Aug 8, 2007
Morris County, NJ
..In your opinion. Can't stand that ****. I mean, do you hear "whoop, there it is" at basketball games? Let this song rot, especially given the fact of who sings it. There are a plethora of other songs out there.

I don't watch basketball, so no. But "whoop there it is" sucks anyway and is not even compareable to R & R part II as far as a song goes.

I have a problem with any team using it. You're glorifying his work (and him) by playing it. **** that ****.

Well, that's you. The Devils don't, and neither does the league. So unless they ban it, don't expect it go away anytime soon. I could care less cause I don't root for the Devils so it doesn't affect me either way. And I don't get bent out of shape when it is played by them at games. I have more important issues going on in my life then to worry about stupid crap like that.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
I don't watch basketball, so no. But "whoop there it is" sucks anyway and is not even compareable to R & R part II as far as a song goes.

Okay. How about "We Will Rock You," or "We are the Champions?"

Those songs were so overplayed that they have become cheesy, cliched, overdone, overkill, etc. What makes Gary Glitter immune to this?

It's 2013. There are a plethora of other songs to choose from.

Kershaw

Well, that's you. The Devils don't, and neither does the league. So unless they ban it, don't expect it go away anytime soon. I could care less cause I don't root for the Devils so it doesn't affect me either way. And I don't get bent out of shape when it is played by them at games. I have more important issues going on in my life then to worry about stupid crap like that.

This.

The 'you suck' chant followed by the Rangers suck chant in between their goal song is very irritating.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I like some songs from Load and Reload, even some of their cover songs from Garage Inc. St. Anger was..no comment, but I thought Death Magnetic was good.

Yeah, from Load, Ain't My ***** is ok, Ronnie is ok, King Nothing is ok, and the only good song on there is Hero Of The Day.

Reload had Fuel and Memory Remains, otherwise an awful album. Prince Charming is actually ok.

Whenever the refs make a stupid call that makes us shorthanded, they should blast this song at the garden:

Haha agreed.

I've always hated it. It's a Pennywise song and it belongs in the West. I laugh at east coast teams using it.

That's fine, doesn't change the fact that it's an otherwise awesome goal song.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Philly had a good goal song back in the early 2000's...

They used to use the chorus to "Total Immortal" by The Offspring, which when lined up right is sick.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
I love Philadelphia's current goal song, even if they ripped it off from some soccer team. Horn, too, for that matter.

RangerFanInJersey

Feb 5, 2009
Can't be worse than...

"EVERYBODY CLAP YOUR HANDS!!! COME ON YA'LL!"

I've been to many games, have yet to see someone over the age of 5 clap along to this...

TonyTheGr8

Window shut..for now
Aug 8, 2007
Morris County, NJ
Okay. How about "We Will Rock You," or "We are the Champions?"

Those songs were so overplayed that they have become cheesy, cliched, overdone, overkill, etc. What makes Gary Glitter immune to this?

It's 2013. There are a plethora of other songs to choose from.

So write to the Devils and complain then if it bothers you so much. I personally don't care. I find the song by zombie nation more cheezy and over played. Again..it's the Devils. I could care less what they play as their goal song.

This.

The 'you suck' chant followed by the Rangers suck chant in between their goal song is very irritating.

Agree on that. But I'll tell you what, I was at the game on Sunday and they did must've done the Potvin Sucks chant at least 50 times. And sometimes one right after the other. Talk about flipping annoying..

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Best goal song/celebration in the league is the Flames when the flame sound goes off and the red spotlight is shined on the player and they used "Bro Hymn" by Pennywise. That's a great song. Do they still use it?

I forgot which team but I heard a rumor someone was using that Pitbull song in the Bud Light Commercial (the newer one not the "No Speak Americano" remix) which if true :banghead:

And then there's the Flyers......what's with their goal song? It sounds like the Franks and Beans guy from Something About Mary is singing.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
So write to the Devils and complain then if it bothers you so much. I personally don't care. I find the song by zombie nation more cheezy and over played. Again..it's the Devils. I could care less what they play as their goal song.

Devils? I'll ****ing right a letter to the NHL and say the same thing I said here: a fanbase/fanbases still immortalizing someone who is a pedophile.

Faxius

Dec 28, 2006
Can we please just let this thread die?
I get the ****ing song in my head everytime I see the thread name.

And yes, I know I'm not helping by posting in it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad