RANG E and R and S

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ
Hey, at least our song isn't that of a child molester like the Devils' goal song.

Gary_Glitter_-_TopPop_1974_5.png

Haha..he doesn't get royalties, but hey it could be like this guy! Ya know...FABULOUS!

220px-RichardSimmonsSept2011.jpg

wr50l

Nov 5, 2011
I had emailed Ray Castoldi about this abysmal piece of crap around the time they started using it. It was around St. Pats a few years back. He confirmed it was from the (thankfully now relegated) Glasgow huns. Thinking it was even anything close to Irish is insulting to the Irish.

Last year they started using the current hipster version, which is even worse.

They started using this thinking it was Irish did they? The irony in that is certainly not lost on me Timmy.

TonyTheGr8

Window shut..for now
Aug 8, 2007
Morris County, NJ
I went to the game with my husband on Sunday night and I still can't get the song out of my head.

He said the Rangers will steal my soul...but I told him I already sold it to the Devils!

But seriously, all I can think of is an Oscar Mayer commercial.

Lol..I find it funny that YOU have the song stuck in your head. I can't even remember how the song went anymore...I've already blocked it out!

Maybe there's something to this soul stealing thing! :nod:

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ
Lol..I find it funny that YOU have the song stuck in your head. I can't even remember how the song went anymore...I've already blocked it out!

Maybe there's something to this soul stealing thing! :nod:

Ya know what...I'm gonna sing it for you later! It's like 1-877-Kars for Kids!

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
This is unsurprising.

Hahahahahahahahahaha that's great.

Bro Hymn is more annoying.

Bro Hymn was great before Philly and every other team ripped it off from Anaheim.

Metallica - Seek & Destroy: No Problem.

Metallica - Master of Puppets: No Problem.

Misfits - I Want to be a New York Ranger: It has "danger!!" NO!! Absolutely..NO!!

Love old Metallica. Anything after Black Album, however...

Banned.

NOTHING is like that evil and satanic song..you've never woken up screaming in the middle of the night cause it was playing! :help:

That song is horrendous.

TonyTheGr8

Window shut..for now
Aug 8, 2007
Morris County, NJ
That song is horrendous.

Everytime it comes on I start screaming "LALALALA!!" really loud, like Axel Foley did to Jeffery in Beverly Hills Cop, until I can change the channel. And I am not kidding when I say I have been woken up in the middle of the night by that song. Before I was married, I used to leave the FAN on at night and fall asleep to it. Thank goodness I don't have to do that anymore!

TonyTheGr8

Window shut..for now
Aug 8, 2007
Morris County, NJ
Just because he doesn't get the royalties doesn't mean you're team still isn't playing a child molester's song. It's gross.

Not for nothing, but the Devils are not the only ones to still play it, and it's a great goal song. I have no issue with them using it. Especially if he no longer gets money for it.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
Love old Metallica. Anything after Black Album, however...

I like some songs from Load and Reload, even some of their cover songs from Garage Inc. St. Anger was..no comment, but I thought Death Magnetic was good.

Whenever the refs make a stupid call that makes us shorthanded, they should blast this song at the garden:

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Just because he doesn't get the royalties doesn't mean you're team still isn't playing a child molester's song. It's gross.

Music is art. Art should be appreciated for what it is irrespective of transgressions committed by the artist. I don't think for one second the Devils are condoning what Glitter did by playing his music.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
Not for nothing, but the Devils are not the only ones to still play it, and it's a great goal song. I have no issue with them using it. Especially if he no longer gets money for it.

..In your opinion. Can't stand that ****. I mean, do you hear "whoop, there it is" at basketball games? Let this song rot, especially given the fact of who sings it. There are a plethora of other songs out there.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

I have a problem with any team using it. You're glorifying his work (and him) by playing it. **** that ****.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm

IMMEEEEDIATELY change the damn station on this garbage.

As for the rangers pathetic abomination masquerading as music I actually like it because from the start I inserted my own lyrics :"Hey now! Hey now! I don't give a spit. If you gotta problem with it you can s*** my ...."

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
It's soooo cheezy like little kids cheezy. Cringe worthy. Not a fan but whatever. At least it's somewhat original.

A lot of arenas play cliche' hard rock music like Welcome To The Jungle, Seek and Destroy, etc...all great songs but overused.

They were playing Unsung by Helmet a few years ago which was cool.

I've always felt the Rangers should come out to the following three and only three songs;

Superunknown by Soundgarden
Readymade by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Our Town by Radio 4 which is a very NYC song by an NYC band.

Anything else is just wahtever including this Black Keys song they've come out to this year.

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
I thought this was an awesome song to take the ice to. I was actually impressed they used something somewhat obscure and cool. Did they stop using it this year?

Greg NYR

Aug 19, 2007
would rather hear this song looped the whole game than ever hear nickelback again

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->