RANG E and R and S

Dalagaze

Goalie Killer
Apr 6, 2012
NY
But it's so catchy! :sarcasm:

Really though, we should sue the front office for making us listen to that crap. It's like a knife through my head.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
Thank goodness I'm not the only one. They should totally play the Misfits song instead.

I <3 u!

Wasn't this supposed to be our goal song at some point but the higher-ups cringed over the line of "I want to live a life of danger?"

SaveByLundqvist

Sep 7, 2007
They should just replace it with "I Want to be a New York Ranger" by the Misfits... I haven't found someone that has not made a comment about the R A N G E and R and S song being terrible.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
They should just replace it with "I Want to be a New York Ranger" by the Misfits... I haven't found someone that has not made a comment about the R A N G E and R and S song being terrible.

Metallica - Seek & Destroy: No Problem.

Metallica - Master of Puppets: No Problem.

Misfits - I Want to be a New York Ranger: It has "danger!!" NO!! Absolutely..NO!!

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
It's cheesy as hell but so damn catchy. I've been humming it all day.

It needs to go, but I really want a good MP3 of it to put in NHL13 so I can annoy all my buddies.

jhnyr

Feb 6, 2007
I had emailed Ray Castoldi about this abysmal piece of crap around the time they started using it. It was around St. Pats a few years back. He confirmed it was from the (thankfully now relegated) Glasgow huns. Thinking it was even anything close to Irish is insulting to the Irish.

Last year they started using the current hipster version, which is even worse.

Dec 13, 2010
The old version of this song isn't bad and definitely has a classic feel, but not for this team. It's an old song for a different team, I don't want to adopt it.

I don't mind our goal song, not crazy about it but it could be MUCH worse (the HEY song that half the league uses comes to mind). I'd love it if that Misfits one was the goal song but I doubt it'll ever happen

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
Thank goodness I'm not the only one. They should totally play the Misfits song instead.

Here's something interesting:
However, the Rangers' marketing department objected to the use of the word "danger" in the lyrics: "I wanna be a New York Ranger / I wanna live a life of danger".[2] Cafiero and the Misfits refused to alter the lyrics, and as a result ownership of the song was never signed over.[2]

WhiskeyDeke

Shut up, Keith.
Jul 5, 2006
Va
The old version of this song isn't bad and definitely has a classic feel, but not for this team. It's an old song for a different team, I don't want to adopt it.

I don't mind our goal song, not crazy about it but it could be MUCH worse (the HEY song that half the league uses comes to mind). I'd love it if that Misfits one was the goal song but I doubt it'll ever happen

Now, I LOVE the goal song. Best one in the league by far, not some generic stadium crap or Chelsea Dagger #$%^

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I cannot possibly be the only one that cringes whenever that song is played during a stoppage, can I?

Cheesy does not even begin to describe it.

Words can't describe the hate I have for this song everytime I hear it. :rant::help:

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
I can honestly say I have never heard that song before. It must be a mental thing that I automatically block out crappy music. Probably developed it after having to listen to Z100 and 92.3NOW for all those years.

zelrio*

We should replace it with the Army's rendition of Battle Hymn of the Republic.

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ
I went to the game with my husband on Sunday night and I still can't get the song out of my head.

He said the Rangers will steal my soul...but I told him I already sold it to the Devils!

But seriously, all I can think of is an Oscar Mayer commercial.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Hey, at least our song isn't that of a child molester like the Devils' goal song.

Gary_Glitter_-_TopPop_1974_5.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad