Confirmed with Link: Randy Lee to be arraigned in Buffalo court

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
I said it a few days ago, they keep one upping themselves. Just when you think it can't get any worse for the Ottawa Senators organisation, they tell you to hold their beer.

I actually just died laughing at the fact they hired a new head of PR yesterday and this happens today, unbelievable ahahaha
I can’t help wondering if something will surface from current and previous kids in Belleville. I hope nothing happened to any of them. What a creep!

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
If this is a predatory pattern over years, it will be even darker times for Ottawa Senators.

This is our Ballard and Wirtz years.
It’s making me cringe just thinking of the possibility, much more for the young men than for the organization which would suffer from it as well.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I actually just died laughing at the fact they hired a new head of PR yesterday and this happens today, unbelievable ahahaha

Nicolas Ruszkowski had been hired as the COO (chief operating officer) and will run day-to-day business operations, and won’t have a say in hockey operations.

He's had previous jobs in PR, so don't know why everyone thinks he's just doing PR for the Senators.

Nevertheless, this may fall under his responsibilities .

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Nicolas Ruszkowski had been hired as the COO (chief operating officer) and will run day-to-day business operations, and won’t have a say in hockey operations.

He's had previous jobs in PR, so don't know why everyone thinks he's just doing PR for the Senators.

There’s a current situation of sexual harassment in our own hockey team and you’re still f***ing lollygagging on correcting people. You really have zero conscience.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Could be a sexual harassment issue.... Could be something else entirely. Details are still a bit vague as of right now.

Sounds bad and embarrassing for the org, but I'll wait until I have all of the details before I qualify just how bad it is.

If it turns out to be a legitimate instance of sexual harassment and inappropriate conduct (which, lets remember, we have no proof of at the moment), there should at the very least be a serious conversation about him being relieved of his duties, especially considering the age of the complainant and the scope of Lee's job.

... We need to seriously wait and see here, though. We have almost no info to go on. Let's not prosecute the man in the court of public appeal, and we should certainly wait for all of the details to come out before we get too crazy with the what-ifs.

Aren't you a lawyer or something Bonk? I think if it resembles anything close to sexual assault I think he must go 100%. Especially in this day and age. That is career suicide now.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Alfie would be a good Assisant GM.

I get that Randy Lee will get a million good character refenrces in Ottawa - good for him, take them and get a job in the NHL somewhere else.

This hurts your recruiting, team image, management respectability.

If the allegations are as serious as they sound I think that ship has sailed...

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
...while mentioning his private parts, heh.

Not that I’m defending Lee here but there’s a number of phrases referencing privates that could be more confrontational than predatory. Obviously neither are professional or acceptable and could result in a loss of his job but let’s wait for more details before we label him a predator of some sort.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Not that I’m defending Lee here but there’s a number of phrases referencing privates that could be more confrontational than predatory. Obviously neither are professional or acceptable and could result in a loss of his job but let’s wait for more details before we label him a predator of some sort.
...while he was rubbing the young man’s shoulders.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Aren't you a lawyer or something Bonk? I think if it resembles anything close to sexual assault I think he must go 100%. Especially in this day and age. That is career suicide now.

You can’t really employ an alleged predator because if further allegations come forward, you can be seen to have tolerated a culture of harassment etc. Unless he is wholly exonerated (not just found not guilty), he can’t be part of your organization.

CJV123

Feb 4, 2010
If he did that to a woman it would be an assault. Ridiculous double-standard by the DA who is sucking up the the NHL. Two sets of laws in this country, depending on whether you have money or not.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

His job title may not be head of PR or crisis management, but his wealth of experience in that area suggests that it was at the very least part of why he was hired and almost certainly something that he'll be involved in now that this has happened. But good on you for correcting @BonkTastic, he should have known better than to call the guy the head of PR.

Take a Bath Son

Jan 15, 2018
Travis Yost has expanded details of the incident on the bus. Won’t embed the tweet but it’s on his twitter and if true Lee is gone.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Seems like he wasn't even drunk.
Everyone has gotten drunk before and made a gay joke, if this was the case, although inappropriate for a man in his position, wouldn't be as bad as groping this kid while sober out of like straight up lust. Lmao I can't believe I wrote this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad