Randy Carlyle Presser at 11AM|1/7/13|

Badger Mayhew*

Wow, still can't believe this season is actually happening.

Can't wait to hear what Randy says about the centre position this year.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
You guys know what to do you for the folks that are not home.

Cheers.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Wow, still can't believe this season is actually happening.

Can't wait to hear what Randy says about the centre position this year.
Agreed, and I am going to be pretty sure JVR wont be in the center of it.
Was just waiting for this.

First time hearing from Carlyle in so long, he could give us no new information and I'd still be excited.
I am pumped to hear whats the case and whats up.
Sweet. Will it probably be on Leafstv too?

Those ******** better put it on Leafstv, they seriously need an overhaul.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Wonder if it's a tour of the Leafs new dressing room that he helped design :laugh:

But in all seriousness - I wanna see what it looks like.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Carlyle stating the obvious to the silly question that yes Paul Ranger is on an AHL contract and only NHL contract players can come to camp. Why would a reporter ask that? You'd think they'd have that knowledge.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Much more scrutiny and intensity in Toronto than in Anaheim (obviously). Goal is to win hockey games.

In regards to goaltending, Carlyle believes it is NHL quality goaltending.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Not afraid to play 18 year old in the NHL (in reference to MoRiles). Believes he is an elite junior player. Focus is to get the best players to represent the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Progress made on Jake Gardiner. He is doing off-ice work and hopefully available at the start of training camp dependent on tests.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Says he caught a lot of AHL games early in the season. Praises for Dallas.

Expects high paced, tempo, physical games (due to the shortened season) and understands that every game and points are critical.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Something about conditioning. Kind of missed it. Staff will see players will be checked on their conditioning and if they aren't where they should be, there will be modifications made to get them to that level.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Komarov was good in the AHL and McClement has been doing well on the PK for years. Will see over training camp to fill positions.

JVR will start out on the wing.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
JVR starting out at wing, that's the right decision. Says he will try JVR out at the C position if injury's avail.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Komarov was good in the AHL and McClement has been doing well on the PK for years. Will see over training camp to fill positions.

JVR will start out on the wing.

You type to fast, I came to say that.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
There is always pressure on NHL coaches to make the playoffs and there is pressure throughout the organization to make them. Providing environment to give players a chance to succeed.

Players that are not here (in Toronto) now, are on the way. Expects everyone to be here by Wednesday or Thursday.

Badger Mayhew*

I know he said he hasn't figured out who's playing what position, but I could see this as our checking/shutdown line:

Komarov-McClement-Kulemin

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Expects players to get in to the shooting lanes (obvious). Make it difficult to get pucks to the net. Expects players to be in shot blocking position and not to pull 'the flamingo' :laugh:

Lupul and Kessel will play together, guaranteed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->