Random trivia

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
True or False:

NHL players used to smoke cigarettes in the locker rooms in between periods ?

IMLACHnME

Dec 27, 2013
GTA
Mystery Ranger

Anybody recognize this Ranger? Certainly was a star of some note, for a few seasons.

wally.jpg

Last edited:

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
The gentleman in the photo and Hebenton played together for one season.

... I see. And is this actually a trick question? That in reality its a publicity still from MCA Television & CBS Productions and thats actually Stanley Livingston? The actor who played Chip Douglas in My Three Sons starring Fred MacMurray & William Demarest as Uncle Charlie? Because it sure
looks like him to me.

IMLACHnME

Dec 27, 2013
GTA
... I see. And is this actually a trick question? That in reality its a publicity still from MCA Television & CBS Productions and thats actually Stanley Livingston? The actor who played Chip Douglas in My Three Sons starring Fred MacMurray & William Demarest as Uncle Charlie? Because it sure
looks like him to me.

Which of the three sons was Chip?

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Which of the three sons was Chip?

.... He was the 3rd one, the youngest... until Fred MacMurray adopted a 4th son younger than Chip, name of Ernie. The actor who played that part in real~life actually was Stanley's younger brother, Barry Livingston.... and as your unaware of all this fascinating & completely off~topic palather & trvia, obviously thats not a trick photo up there huh? Not a case or game of Livingston I Presume (?) at all. And here I was so hoping it was.

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
Can anyone name the only 8 players who have scored 100 or more NHL regular season goals in two different arenas?

Some are obvious, but a few aren't.

IMLACHnME

Dec 27, 2013
GTA
Mystery Ranger Revisited

In the early 50s, the Mystery Ranger paired with Paul Ronty to provide most of what little offense the Blueshirts produced.

IMLACHnME

Dec 27, 2013
GTA
Mystery King

I'm replacing my Mystery Bruin with a Mystery King. My fingers are crossed.

juha_widing_01.gif

Anybody recognize the King seen here?

Last edited:

IMLACHnME

Dec 27, 2013
GTA
Can anyone name the only 8 players who have scored 100 or more NHL regular season goals in two different arenas?

Some are obvious, but a few aren't.

If somebody like Rod Gilbert scored 100 goals in the old Madison Square Garden, and another 100 goals in the newer one, would that count?

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
4 out of 8 on guesses so far:

Gretzky - YES
Messier - YES
Sakic - YES
Lanny McDonald - NO
Esposito -YES
Sundin - NO
Roenick - NO
Crosby -NO

IMLACHnME said:
If somebody like Rod Gilbert scored 100 goals in the old Madison Square Garden, and another 100 goals in the newer one, would that count?
That would count, but nobody did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->