Random Car Chat

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
downloadfile.png

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Thats pretty greasy. Thankfully, I'll never be on a Nissan lot.

I did almost buy an 89 280z once though. The burgandy interior threw me off and I went with an 86 firebird (firechicken) instead

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
this has been a thing for a while now. Gone from 5 as the “norm” to 6 and now 7.

sadly, it’s the type of person that has no business financing a car that ends up with shit terms like these.

TBF, if you're a person that goes into the conversation with "well, I don't want to pay more than x a month", but also have to have a new pickup or SUV, that's a reason why 72 and 84 month loan terms are thing too.

Same thing can happen went buying a house. There's a reason I have a condo instead, but also excellent credit. Sure, I'd like something bigger, a nicer car, a new Mac, but I also could've put 5% down like one of my coworkers, and 'get' a house, but I can't even fathom the thought.

There's probably a Venn diagram out there showing a decent amount of overlap of credit scores, loan terms, monthly payments.

As for dealers, there are better ones than others. Before I bought my Honda, I wanted a Chevy Cruze. Lousy sales job at that dealer though (higher interest rate, lower trade-in offer) is one of the reasons I don't drive a GM anymore, and went down the street to Honda. No fuss, better terms, and a sale.

Unfortunately, there's only one Honda dealer here, and they're 'eh' compared to the one I bought it from in CA.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
i quite love that body style for sentimental reasons but idk...

but noooo 80 series Land cruiser
My pathfinder been to the moon and is returning..
I see more hard body nissans trucks or pathfinders on the road than ANY late 80s - 90s make/model than anything. 4 wheel cockroaches.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
i quite love that body style for sentimental reasons but idk...

but noooo 80 series Land cruiser
Youd like 4wd247 on youtube. There's a few 80 series being driven and a 30 series among other vehicles. Great channel

Reactions: rynryn

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Im not sure if Ive told this story or not so I'll tell it

I was at work and get a call from my gf telling me she had been in an accident. Got t-boned at an intersection. I asked the normal questions and then our attention turned to my daughter, whom she was going to pick up after school. A normal routine with a major hiccup.

Ok I'll leave work and go get her. No problem... Well not even 10 minutes into my drive, Im sitting in an abnormally large amount of traffic and starting to worry. I call her back to explain.

Me- Hey hun Im here and not moving
Her- Oh that's probably because of me. I came a different way this time

FML :ha::ha:

Reactions: TaLoN and Winger98

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Im not sure if Ive told this story or not so I'll tell it

I was at work and get a call from my gf telling me she had been in an accident. Got t-boned at an intersection. I asked the normal questions and then our attention turned to my daughter, whom she was going to pick up after school. A normal routine with a major hiccup.

Ok I'll leave work and go get her. No problem... Well not even 10 minutes into my drive, Im sitting in an abnormally large amount of traffic and starting to worry. I call her back to explain.

Me- Hey hun Im here and not moving
Her- Oh that's probably because of me. I came a different way this time

FML :ha::ha:

most important, it sounds like everyone is safe and sound

Showing up late to school pickups is one of my greatest fears in life right now. My kids go into a panic mode if they can’t see me as soon as they walk out of the building. I forgot to get my daughter off the bus two years ago (when the bus still existed pre-covid) and she’s never let me live it down. I felt like such a monster and a deadbeat. So from that day forward i had to be there early, parked in a certain spot so she could see my car as the bus came down the road

I was the first parent at that damn bus stop every day after that

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
most important, it sounds like everyone is safe and sound

Showing up late to school pickups is one of my greatest fears in life right now. My kids go into a panic mode if they can’t see me as soon as they walk out of the building. I forgot to get my daughter off the bus two years ago (when the bus still existed pre-covid) and she’s never let me live it down. I felt like such a monster and a deadbeat. So from that day forward i had to be there early, parked in a certain spot so she could see my car as the bus came down the road

I was the first parent at that damn bus stop every day after that
Yeah we made out ok. I called the school and asked if she could stay at the after school care for a bit.

The point was the gf could have told me to avoid that area, but blonde is blonde. This story is like 6 years old btw

And good on you Dad. Cant be lettin the little puppers down ;)

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Yeah we made out ok. I called the school and asked if she could stay at the after school care for a bit.

The point was the gf could have told me to avoid that area, but blonde is blonde. This story is like 6 years old btw

And good on you Dad. Cant be lettin the little puppers down ;)

yeah if she’s causing that bad of a gridlock, and KNOWS that you’ll likely go that route, a heads up would’ve been nice lol. Perhaps she was just so shaken up and not thinking straight. I can see that being a rather high pressure and stressful half hour for everyone

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
yeah if she’s causing that bad of a gridlock, and KNOWS that you’ll likely go that route, a heads up would’ve been nice lol. Perhaps she was just so shaken up and not thinking straight. I can see that being a rather high pressure and stressful half hour for everyone
Yeah maybe you're right... At least it wasnt my truck, she woulda skipped town lol. Only cost us a Buick Rendezvous (nice suv)

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I don’t know much about cars, but I know I f***ing LOVE my 2004 Toyota Avalon.

Smooth ride, tons of interior and cargo space, decent features, good on gas, and has a nice exterior look. Been driving it for over 3 years now and I’ve never had a major issue. Just an overall great vehicle. Only about 140k miles...

Looking forward to riding this bad boy for quite some time.

Reactions: Bones45

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Thursday, looked at the weather forecast... said it was supposed to be partly cloudy all night, no rain. I'm like... sweet, I'll drive the Shelby to work.

Weather was absolutely beautiful, when I went to lunch, it was completely clear, hourly forecast was showing no more than 5% chance of rain as the night went, radar was clear. I drove with the top down to get lunch it was so nice outside.

Was looking forward to the drive home later...yet, when I got out from work, it had clearly just rained! WTF!?

I wasn't happy about the freak rain shower, but it happens. You can't always avoid the rain, it's going get rained on unexpectedly from time to time... what really ticked me off though? That was probably THE DIRTIEST rain water I've ever seen! The air must've been saturated with pollen at the time, as the water itself was damn near green!

Left some hideous water spots on the car! So much so, I would've felt embarrassed to drive the Shelby to work yesterday after... on an even more beautiful day! Ugh! Drove the S4 instead.

So, naturally, today being an off day from work, I just spent 2 hours washing the car that should've already been immaculate if not for that freak shower. :rant:

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Thursday, looked at the weather forecast... said it was supposed to be partly cloudy all night, no rain. I'm like... sweet, I'll drive the Shelby to work.

Weather was absolutely beautiful, when I went to lunch, it was completely clear, hourly forecast was showing no more than 5% chance of rain as the night went, radar was clear. I drove with the top down to get lunch it was so nice outside.

Was looking forward to the drive home later...yet, when I got out from work, it had clearly just rained! WTF!?

I wasn't happy about the freak rain shower, but it happens. You can't always avoid the rain, it's going get rained on unexpectedly from time to time... what really ticked me off though? That was probably THE DIRTIEST rain water I've ever seen! The air must've been saturated with pollen at the time, as the water itself was damn near green!

Left some hideous water spots on the car! So much so, I would've felt embarrassed to drive the Shelby to work yesterday after... on an even more beautiful day! Ugh! Drove the S4 instead.

So, naturally, today being an off day from work, I just spent 2 hours washing the car that should've already been immaculate if not for that freak shower. :rant:

idk man i usually just wash my car for the health of the paint, not really aesthetics. still kinda cheeses me when it's freshly washed and dusty with pollen within hours. Ever since i went too long without cleaning a spot of bird berry shit and it ate through the clear coat on one of my cars i carry some spot cleaner. a bit of pollen and some road grime i can live with though.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
idk man i usually just wash my car for the health of the paint, not really aesthetics. still kinda cheeses me when it's freshly washed and dusty with pollen within hours. Ever since i went too long without cleaning a spot of bird berry shit and it ate through the clear coat on one of my cars i carry some spot cleaner. a bit of pollen and some road grime i can live with though.
The GT500, its four both. I had taken her out of storage a few weeks ago, but this was the first wash she's needed this season.

Next one will come in another 2-3 weeks when it's time for waxing.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Imagine driving 3 hours for your first cottage trip of the year and then turning around and going home because SOME f*** STOLE YOUR BOAT!!!

yeah so that happened. Kind of need that to get to the island....

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Imagine driving 3 hours for your first cottage trip of the year and then turning around and going home because SOME f*** STOLE YOUR BOAT!!!

yeah so that happened. Kind of need that to get to the island....

34b30d72-19c0-42c0-bc2b-9aafd39e896e_thumb.jpg

It would have been worth him doing it just so I could have caught him...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad