random b schenn curiosity

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
if he were somehow in the draft this year, where do you think he would be ranked?

~3, IMO.

Still lacks speed and surefire top-line potential. I'd even argue that Couturier is ahead of where Schenn was at the same age, though Schenn engages more physically.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Top 3. I see him as a better offensive version of Landeskog, so he would be in competition with RNH and Larsson for no 1 IMO.

QMJHLfollower

Heart and soul
Jul 24, 2010
For the forward, I'd take Couturier, Nugent-Hopkins, and Huberdeau before Schenn. Maybe Landeskog too, but I'd need to see more of him.

Pyke*

Schenn as an 18 year old or Schenn as a 20 year old? Changes the answer.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
IMO RNH, Larsson > Schenn

Couturier, Huberdeau > Schenn

I'd guess anywhere between #3 and #5

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I still don't see Schenn as a 1st line player in the NHL. And that's coming from a guy who watched him live in Saskatoon for a chunk of the year flat out DOMINATE games...win them himself.

I still think he's a 2nd line player that does a ton of little things, but doesn't have the pure skill to be a 1st liner.

Andrew Knoll

Jun 20, 2007
Los Angeles
thehockeywriters.com
^^^^ I think he and Kopitar will settle into a 1A/1B deal ultimately, or a 1/2, still if you're one of the top No. 2 centers in the business, you're going to make a big contribution and a very nice living.

He will become the Kings' best player on the power play soon. Great passing ability and intelligence, plus they are a pretty bad team a man up now so he'll really only have to hurdle two or three natural PP guys anyway.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
He will either be a really good 2nd line centre or a decent 1st line centre.

Those Schenn brothers are good.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
He will either be a really good 2nd line centre or a decent 1st line centre.

Those Schenn brothers are good.

Agreed, if he's a 2nd line center he'll be an incredible one and a 2nd line center with a superb #1 in front of him (Kopitar).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->