Trade: Rams acquire first overall pick

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Tony Eason wasn't a bust either. He was just built like Teddy Bridgewater in a time that QB's were not protected. Blackledge was the only bust.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
He was just sooooo unprofessional during that whole waiting moment. Myself I'm someone who's other people's opinions about myself matters a lot, I would of fired him on the spot for how he acted. Sure the financial implications were huge, but the honor, happiness and pride of actually being selected in a 1st round of an NFL Draft completely went out the door, because of his agent who was crying for 2 hours.

You should read his book and see his version of the story :laugh:

Irsay was a jackass. I don't understand why the GM didn't just take Marino though. That draft was crazy. There were 6 QBs taken. Todd Blackledge was a bust. So was another guy at the bottom. The 30 for 30 on that was great. I can't believe how far Marino dropped. I wonder if you ask the bills, dolphins or broncos if they could have either of the other 2 instead would they? Especially the 90s bills. If they had Marino over Elway they probably win those SBs

No they don't Kelly was a fine QB, he's in Canton for a reason. Besides, wide-right has 0 to do with the QB. The others they were just outmatched, & I could be wrong but Kelly was injured for one of the losses.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
People don't realize other than the wide right SB the Bills played all-time great teams. Especially the 1991 Redskins.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
You should read his book and see his version of the story :laugh:

No they don't Kelly was a fine QB, he's in Canton for a reason. Besides, wide-right has 0 to do with the QB. The others they were just outmatched, & I could be wrong but Kelly was injured for one of the losses.

Against Dallas in Pasadena in the beginning of the 2nd quarter. I can't remember if he got knocked out against Washington or not. He was a solid QB but I think Dan "the man" was the best of that class. Elway has the rings though but they came later in his career at the tale end with TD around. He did make the most SBs though. Marino was sort of Favre before Favre became Favre. I know atleast twice the bills beat Miami in the playoffs those SB runs but the bills had a more superior defense.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Mark Rypien was a perfect fit for Gibbs. Gibbs is an Air Corryal disciple and they stretched the field. Combine that with a power run game and stingy defense and A+ special teams. Good luck.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Mark Rypien was a perfect fit for Gibbs. Gibbs is an Air Corryal disciple and they stretched the field. Combine that with a power run game and stingy defense and A+ special teams. Good luck.

Would have been interesting (and personally devastating) to see what Gibbs could have done if he pulled off the trade for Elway in 1991. Of course he retired a year after that.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Would have been interesting (and personally devastating) to see what Gibbs could have done if he pulled off the trade for Elway in 1991. Of course he retired a year after that.

The Skins probably would have had the dynasty that Dallas had. Instead it was the beginning of falling into irrelevancy for the next 20+ years.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
People don't realize other than the wide right SB the Bills played all-time great teams. Especially the 1991 Redskins.

That Giants team was pretty great too, at least defensively. They were still able to win with their backup QB.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad