Prospect Info: Ramage Gives Small Prospect Update

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Bexell: Believe Norlinder will be a star

Bexell saying he talked to some NHL scouts or coaches, saying Romanov would go top 5 in a re-draft? And some said even higher than that?

They played a clip of that Ramage interview and apparently Norlinder still feels he can be stronger. That's good to hear he seems to know where his short comings are. These are 2 really great D prospects and you still have like 4 or 5 others who have top 4 upside at least.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Ramage talking about most of the prospects.

i wish that someone asked him how he and Bouillon split up the group, or do they just both talk to them. I know he said he's in St. Louis, so he can drive to USHL games and some NCAA, so I wondered if he got the US kids and the Cube got the CHLers minus goalies since we said that was handled by Vinny.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Bexell: Believe Norlinder will be a star

Bexell saying he talked to some NHL scouts or coaches, saying Romanov would go top 5 in a re-draft? And some said even higher than that?

They played a clip of that Ramage interview and apparently Norlinder still feels he can be stronger. That's good to hear he seems to know where his short comings are. These are 2 really great D prospects and you still have like 4 or 5 others who have top 4 upside at least.

that seems insane though, top 5, i don't see how that's possible.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
This team will never move forward until they learn that their prospects arent proven stars. Top 5 in a redraft? Are you f***ing kidding me? The guy hasn't even played a single game. Same management group that didnt trade Poehling+ for ROR.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
This team will never move forward until they learn that their prospects arent proven stars. Top 5 in a redraft? Are you f***ing kidding me.

he didn't say what NHL scouts he talked to, and he stumbled with his English as he said development and the TSN guy said NHL coaches. I find it hard to believe even the biggest Hab homer would put Romanov top 5 as that means either Kotka or Tkachuk would be out and that would take major balls to call that with so little to go off of with his limited KHL play. It would have to be mostly about the WJC's, now we do know a poster or two that overrate the WJC's as well as Craig Button but I don't see any of them going that far. That's just flat out crazy to suggest he would go top 5 in a re-draft.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
i wish that someone asked him how he and Bouillon split up the group, or do they just both talk to them. I know he said he's in St. Louis, so he can drive to USHL games and some NCAA, so I wondered if he got the US kids and the Cube got the CHLers minus goalies since we said that was handled by Vinny.

He was asked if they plan to expand the group because the prospect pool is bigger now. But he said there is no plan to do that now. He said that it's about properly managing their time and efforts. Ramage said that his kids are older now and he has a lot of free time to do more. But he did specify that at some point, they may expand.

And as you mentioned, Ramage got the US, Bouillon the Canadian ones, and Riendeau the goalies.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
This team will never move forward until they learn that their prospects arent proven stars. Top 5 in a redraft? Are you f***ing kidding me? The guy hasn't even played a single game. Same management group that didnt trade Poehling+ for ROR.

Yeah most prospects haven’t

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
he didn't say what NHL scouts he talked to, and he stumbled with his English as he said development and the TSN guy said NHL coaches. I find it hard to believe even the biggest Hab homer would put Romanov top 5 as that means either Kotka or Tkachuk would be out and that would take major balls to call that with so little to go off of with his limited KHL play. It would have to be mostly about the WJC's, now we do know a poster or two that overrate the WJC's as well as Craig Button but I don't see any of them going that far. That's just flat out crazy to suggest he would go top 5 in a re-draft.
I wouldn't find it that hard to believe. We are talking about the same management group that held onto Scherbak, McCarron, DLR, Fucale, Beaulieu, Tinordi, Leblanc...etc until they had no value because they believed in them.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

Bexell has nothing to do with management. He's the one who said it. Not Ramage just to clarify.

Reactions: DAChampion

Gyfu

May 16, 2011
Seems like a fair assumption imo

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
When I was watching the USHL season opener they said that 15 NHL scouts (I believe they said NHL) were there watching the game, I instantly thought of Ramage so since no other Hab prospect was playing i'm and he said he was chomping at the bit to go to a game, i'm guessing he was there to see Pitlick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad