Ralph Krueger hired to coach the Sabres Part 2

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I'm feelin him so far. First 2 games were fantastic team efforts start to finish. 3rd game was a stinker but those will happen to every team---what matters there is how he gets the team to respond next time. Love the way he handles himself in the media. Saying good stuff.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I'm feelin him so far. First 2 games were fantastic team efforts start to finish. 3rd game was a stinker but those will happen to every team---what matters there is how he gets the team to respond next time. Love the way he handles himself in the media. Saying good stuff.
Always been the real issue with the Sabres, mental toughness. They have a hard time bouncing back from a bad game. Let's see how they do under Krueger. The 1st real test.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Mojo praising Krueger in interview ”Not just a hockey coach but a lifecoach that helps the team feel good and build up confidence.”

Reactions: sabresEH

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Based on how they've played so far, it seems like we've finally got ourselves an actual real life NHL hockey coach this time. It's been so long. Feels good.

Reactions: valet

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Best coach since Lindy. That barometer is not high so this remark doesn't justify how great he has been...he just has been phenomenal in nearly every aspect. He has shown more in 8 games then our failures like Bylsma, Housley, Rolston, Nolan etc had shown in full seasons. He is getting the most out of the team and has a lot of us actually believing in the team.

He is the reason I am not worried about possibly failing a la last season with the 10 game win streak. He is too good of a motivator/innovator/leader compared to Phil Lousy.

Reactions: MessierII

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
He seems like equal parts coach and manager. This team really needed a manager to reorganize how the team played, and reset morale. Getting Cincy and Roch on the same page as Buffalo definitely needed to happen, but getting input from all coaches gets the buy-in. Getting input from players gets the buy-in, whether they get deployed the way they prefer or not. Just infusing the mentality that they are all in together can make a difference. After that, executing the Xs and Os isn't so hard.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I had a very low bar and he has far exceeded that bar. I knew Housley was a bad coach early on and I let you all know but I dont see that with Krueger.

It's not the win streak clouding my judgment either as you guys can remember even with Housley's 10 game win streak I still told you all he sucked.

Krueger seems like the real deal.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Guys clearly playing much better:

Eichel
Okposo
Risto
Sobotka
Scandella
Gus
Mitts

Guys playing worse:

*crickets*

I <3 Krueger.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Krueger is an advocate of fewer morning skates. "I think it's all about energy and understanding the different ways we can gather energy," he said. "Making sure the quality of our execution stays high. What I've found is that if you're practicing with a team that's tired mentally or physically, your execution principles just fall away.
"That's probably one of the things that comes out of my experience with the Premier League. Watching the way they gather or use energy on game days. You don't see any pregame warm-ups or activities there at all. We played at 8 or 8:30 at night. It got me thinking, and in speaking with sports scientists, that pregame skates are often an expenditure of energy you don't really need."

From the Wysh article. Thought that was a really interesting nugget.

Reactions: Dingo44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad