Proposal: rakell

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
The ducks are not going to be able to sign him by the looks of it as they also have to sign lindholm still too

We need a second lime Centre and he would fit the bill to the T.

The ducks could potentually lose him for nothing if he walks to Russia. Hopefully they aren't too mad at us for stomping them out of the playoffs last season and maybe we could do a trade and sign?? We need a number two Centre badly.
Anyways, just a thought.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
So what do we do with Ribeiro and Fisher, and Kamanev next year?

We don't need a 2C all that badly, certainly not badly enough to trade significant assets at this point

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I'd do Kamenev and Wilson for Rakell. Easily if we could get him signed long term.

But it won't happen.
No thanks to trading Kamenev for him. A deal involving Wilson sure, but what would that do to who we would leave exposed/protect in the Vegas draft? The consensus is that we'd keep either Smith or Wilson, so if we trade Wilson for Rakell (in this hypothetical scenario), does that then mean we let Smith get picked up?

By the way, assuming that the Ducks and Rakell are truly far, far apart right now, how much leverage do they really have in looking to trade him?

Last edited:

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
No thanks to trading Kamenev for him. A deal involving Wilson sure, but what would that do to who we would leave exposed/protect in the Vegas draft? The consensus is that we'd keep either Smith or Wilson, so if we trade Wilson for Rakell (in this hypothetical scenario), does that then mean we let Smith get picked up?

By the way, assuming that the Ducks and Rakell are truly far, far apart right now, how much leverage do they really have in looking to trade him?

I don't think you can look at that scenario until the summer. The goal of our team is to win the Stanley Cup this year. We have other players that may be appealing to vegas or offer picks to not take certain players.

Kamenev, at this point is unproven. Getting a young, decent sized center locked up long term would be helpful for this team now (if Ribs faulters) and in the future.

For context, in two seasons Rakell has essentially matched Wilsons PPG average as a 23 year old.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
I'd do Kamenev and Wilson for Rakell. Easily if we could get him signed long term.

But it won't happen.

I do not trade Kamenev. I'd trade Wilson for him + maybe a C level prospect. But not Kamenev. I don't move him.

I see your point about Kamenev being unproven, but if you move him now, we don't have a center prospect that is within 1.5-2 years of cracking the lineup at the 2nd or 3rd line spot. IMO you're stronger making a move for Rakell without giving up Kamenev and then running Johansen, Rakell, Kamenev when K is ready to crack the line up full time.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Wilson and a C level prospect wouldn't get it done, I don't think.

If you have Joey and Rakell as your 1-2 punch you. Am probably find a #3 easily enough in free agency or on our team. Not convinced Jarnkrok wouldn't be a bad defensive center in that spot or Sissons couldn't take it in a season or two.

I just look at Rakell and see a guy who is good st both ends of the ice and good at carrying the puck in through traffic, something I think some of our forwards are missing. He killed us in face offs during the playoffs.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Ducks don't want to trade Rakell they want to trade someone else so they can have the money to sign him and Lindholm. I'd be surprised if he is traded. They'll make a trade in the next week to unload a contract for less they want.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Ducks don't want to trade Rakell they want to trade someone else so they can have the money to sign him and Lindholm. I'd be surprised if he is traded. They'll make a trade in the next week to unload a contract for less they want.

This exactly. Neither Rakell or Lindholm are players they want to lose and Murray will jettison a bad contract with a prospect/pick, if necessary, to make the room for them. Regardless, I see both of them signed in the next few days without moves having to be made.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
While I agree it is unlikely Rakell is traded it's not out of the realm of possibility. They need to find someone to take Bieksa and or Stoner. Not sure there are going to be a lot of teams lining up for two years of those contracts.

Possible but everyone knows they are in a bind too. I think you are ultimately right though.

The idea of Forsberg on Rakell's wing makes me foot inside.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad