OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: The Sky is Falling

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
That was one of the most insane ones all year I think. The fact that his swing can do that to that pitch in that location is just totally absurd.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I like seeing Musgrove continue to throw a lot of sliders and also keep his pitch count in order and generate ground balls. He's looking really sharp today.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Let’s trade him!

It's what smart, small market teams do when you have Boras client having an outlier year, and more than a few guys at the MLB level or in the minors who feature well at 1B. The only reason you keep him is if you have a team that is capable of winning a WS. While I think we have enough talent in the field to do that, I don't think we're remotely close at SP and pitching is where you win and lose playoff and WS games.

But whatever. Enjoying this game. Nice to see the big boys hitting bombs.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
7-0 or not, love seeing Musgrove still put up a tidy inning while facing Springer, Altuve, and Bregman with runners on.

I'd be aiming for 7 IP from him today. Bullpen is pretty well rested, but can probably turn to one mop up guy and maybe even two to finish out the game. I mentioned the Feliz thing as a joke, but he's probably up. Maybe Hartlieb in the 8th and Feliz in the 9th.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Zero doubt in my mind MLB "juiced" the baseballs this year.

But days like today, you don't mind it at all.

This is Musgrove at his finest. Strike throwing, lots of sliders. Keep it down. He's not going to blow people away but he's a very strong middle of the rotation guy with the potential to pitch like he is today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad