OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: The Condemned of Altoona

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I'm probably Polanco's biggest (and sole) remaining backer, but he's looking terrible out there. The Taylor triple would have been a very above average play, but he just doesn't look with it in the field.

I'm guessing at least a two spot this inning, putting the game comfortably out of reach for them.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
This team just sinks.

The offense, the defense, the pitching, they all stink.

Who is going to be the Pirates all star selection?

Nobody on this team deserves to go to an all star game this year.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Dickerson was a shoe-in before the past couple of weeks.

Cervelli should go.

Marte should be there every year but he's just so lazy.

I figured Taillon would finally break through this year but he hasn't done much more than show flashes amongst a run of mediocre outings.

Bell would be a candidate if he had even a little bit of power - I really don't understand how a guy goes from hitting 26 HRs in 2017 to what he's doing now. At this rate, he may not even crack 10. He's hit just one more HR than Josh Harrison and is tied with Jordy Mercer. I'm just at a loss.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Keller went 6 ip, 5 ER on 6 hits, 4 BBs, and 10 Ks. Not often a pitcher gives up 5 ERs while striking out 10.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
has anyone written what went south between the pirates and hoglund? seemed like a done deal pre draft and now here we are. perhaps something in the physical?

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Same thing that happened with Nick Lodolo (41st overall in 2016 didn't sign and went to TCU), he wants more than the 5% overslot the Pirates are willing to give (which is the magic number to avoid any penalties).

Lodolo, by the way, is shaping up to be a Top 10-15 pick next year.

Good news, though, the Pirates will get the 37th pick next year as compensation... so, yippie?

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Bell is hitting leadoff tonight, which is probably the most interesting thing about this completely mediocre team right now.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
re lodolo comp i thought the pirates believed they had a pre draft agreement and then something changed post draft?

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
There aren't enough words to describe my utter disgust at this pathetic organization. f*** off.

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
Hows that Cole trade looking???

This team will be out of Pittsburgh in three years

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I always wonder why some can't connect the dots when it comes to young players and player development. The Pirates go on the cheap with every aspect of the organization. I truly feel bad for players who get drafted by the team, they aren't getting the coaching they need, more likely is that they are getting coaching that is detrimental to their growth.

Nutting will change until Bob is gone.

Reactions: TNT87
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad