Not open for further replies.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
D3kqQ5kUUAAp-xG.jpg

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
@DJ Spinoza and @DocEmrickSkitters - You two are always on point with Pirates news and analysis. As a passive baseball/Pirates fan these days, I get a ton of good info here. Just wanted to thank you both for the info and entertainment.

This makes me happy. Quite a good Pirates community here. I also think that the Pirates and their farm system are going to become a fun follow again this year.

Whenever "this year" starts.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

This is awesome to see, although the games are between 1AM and 5AM. I hope ESPN says they plan on having re-runs during the day, or they at least upload the streams online somewhere.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Curious if MLB will use this time to experiment with alignment. I know there have been some rumors about it, with the Pirates heading to an expanded 10-team East*. Could be their opportunity to blow up the American and National leagues and officially ban the DH (lol).

*Not sure why the Bucs and Braves would swap divisions in the latest alleged proposal. I swear there’s a conspiracy to keep Cleveland, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh out of the same division.

Last edited:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Finally, I have no clue why the NL hasn't adopted it sooner. This opens up a potential future for Will Craig in the MLB and I think Osuna as a DH this year is interesting.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Osuna’s defense is pretty stellar at 1B. If Bell gets to DH there’s just no reason to start him over Osuna most days.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
I still think a season is a long ways away, but a DH would certainly help the Pirates moving forward with Bell and Craig both looking like really solid candidates and some kind of three man rotation between those two and Osuna at 1B/DH with Craig getting some looks in RF at times and Osuna at 3B.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
It makes sense that the players have wanted a universal DH for awhile. The demand for power hitters who can't field should effectively double if it is implemented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->