OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Play On, Garth

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Another crooked number and some breathing room would be nice. Maybe the right move for them not to let DeSclafani pitch to Bell here, but their bullpen is fairly weak, and Garret, who is one of the best, was also tossed.

Not like we have our best options either, so this game might still have a good bit of drama left in it. Another Bell dong would be ideal.

Reactions: td_ice

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm not even surprised Cabrera has been great this year. He hit .280 last year, .285 the year before and .296 the year before that. He's a great contact hitter, so him getting a bunch of singles and doubles isn't surprising.

Damn, I kinda wish they would have gotten it to 8 on that double.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Yeah, not sure what Pedro's best was. But they just showed a top 5 at PNC and Pedro is not on the list.

I think the boat shot.

Pedro's most impressive game, however, was 2012 against the Cubs at Wrigley. The Pirates were in mid-implosion at that point and lost 13-9. Pedro hit 2 out of Wrigley OPPO onto Waveland. Pedro's opposite field power was unbelievable considering it always looked unintentional and uncoordinated when he went that way.

Pittsburgh Pirates at Chicago Cubs Box Score, September 16, 2012 | Baseball-Reference.com

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
geez, this is gonna be close to a 4 hour game huh?

Just realized we are in the 5th still.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
geez, this is gonna be close to a 4 hour game huh?

Just realized we are in the 5th still.

Yeah, this isn't boding well for my plan to go for a short run in time to still get an order in at the new pizza shop in my neighborhood that sells out by 6 or 7pm every Sunday.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Yeah, this isn't boding well for my plan to go for a short run in time to still get an order in at the new pizza shop in my neighborhood that sells out by 6 or 7pm every Sunday.
Damn, that must be some good pizza.

Wish this area (North Hills area) had some good pizza options. We really don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad