OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Mid-Summer Break Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Tarp is off, so we'll get right back to it. Even with a short delay, I 100% turn this over to the bullpen. Musgrove did his job well enough today, and if he was still in a rhythm, I'd probably think otherwise, but he's catching too much plate for a 3-1 game that we need to win. RichRod, Liriano, Crick, and Vazquez can get us over the finish line.

Apparently Yelich tweaked his back, because he's not participating in the HR Derby anymore.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Not shocked we stuck with Musgrove. I just hope we have a lightning quick hook on him.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Crucial time for one of Musgrove's better sliders of the day.

Abreu went deep in the CWS-CHC game. White Sox up 3-0 after 5 innings.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
f***ing hell, Hurdle managing to try and establish some kind of something for after the break instead of today. Absolutely f***ing brutal, inexcusable nonsense. Musgrove gave up two hard hit balls in the sixth inning and we should have just f***ing banked it.

The twist of the knife is just brutal. We almost did it, only to be Hurdled in the 7th inning of the last game before the break. f*** off Hurdle. f*** you.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
We are really just going to blow this.

Liriano has been terrible lately. There's no chance he puts up a clean inning with a runner on. We desperately need a double play.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I'm too livid at Hurdle to even be relieved. He really threw the game away because he wanted to stretch Musgrove out for an absolutely meaningless inning, leaving him in against the guy who hit a HR against him and almost hit another HR with one arm on his bat earlier in the game.

It's just sickening. We had this game.

Reactions: td_ice

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
No reason to not go to the pen with all the days off coming up. Could've went Crick and then Felipe for 2 innings.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Our players bail out the coach again....Pittsburgh sports. All the talent in the world and no leadership(Sully Not bad but u get the point lol)

lordstanley91

Jan 22, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
This team if they keep the young pieces and add just a little bit could be good for quite a few years...just need nutting to dust off his grandpaps wallet a tiny bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->