OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Fire Sale Edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Great AB by Newman.. But Tucker as well. His first time AB since being back up and down 1-2 with 2 outs and bases loaded...draws the walk for tying run. Thats very hard to do. Most keep swinging at everything in that situation. Especially our players...chasing at bad pitches. Impressive AB by him.

Kid has the confidence we need too. Always pumped. Great D. Its gonna be fun watching Hayes at 3B, Tucker at SS, and Newman at 2B.

Our pitchers will love it too

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
cole tucker doesn’t seem like he’s gonna be an impact player, but the hurdle comments are still dumb because no one else at short is either.

I am only rooting for the pirates if it keeps the cubs or cards out of the playoffs

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The only thing I wonder with Tucker is where he projects long term, because Newman looks like the long term SS. I know they can just put Newman or Tucker at 2nd, but I feel like their defensive ability is somewhat wasted at 2nd for both of them.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
What are you people talking about. Tucker has gold glove potential at SS. He’s the future there unless he loses his legs.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Tucker isn't in the starting lineup. What a f***ing joke. I can't wait until Hurdle is canned.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Gonzalez is 27 and a career 0.6 WAR player.

Just the kind of guy you want getting playing time when your team is bad to the point that evaluating young talent in the system at the major league level should be the chief concern.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
It's a bad situation really. You do want to see what Gonzo can bring you in some extended playing time, but you also want to see Tucker get that too and Newman needs to continue to grow into his role and there's only 2 spots. It would be nice to have some DH games to let Newman take those to let the other man the middle for a series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad