OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: (False) Hope Springs Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Reynolds came out of nowhere. Pirates probably got a few top 5 NL rookie of the year players.(Newman)

Josh Bell being this good is something i never ever saw coming. The fact that he leads all players in RBI by 13 is amazing.

He's the NL MVP.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Just for the hell of it:

1) I lean about 70% to this guy mostly fabricating stuff, but over the years he seems to be right enough about things to think that he has some kind of a connection, and not the usual vague speculation BS that characterizes these types.

2) I was actually pretty surprised by Cashner's game log. I still prefer Stroman to him this year and next, but good to have on the radar for the deadline in general, even if (like I assume most of us) you assume we won't do much.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003

Guess Hurdle doesn't want to be caught with a short bench again.

Edit, actually, this probably just means that he doesn't want to be caught with a really short bench of 3, given that Dickerson is probably not playing.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Every baseball season seems to have crazy surprises.

The Pirates lead the NL in hits and the Twins are running away with the major league lead for homers.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Cervelli has officially decided he won't catch again. I'm glad he made the right decision for his own health; he's sacrificed a lot and been a great leader on this team. I truly don't know if we have a roster spot for him, especially with Gonzalez looming. It seems like he'll play the infield, and the only logical spot where he could get an occasional start is 2B. I guess we'll see, for now it's good that he's prioritized his own health.

Reactions: ImporterExporter

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I'm not opposed to looking at Cashner as a stabilizing force for the rotation if we're still within striking distance in a few weeks, but we damn well better not be giving up anything resembling a good prospect.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
My worry is the Orioles asking for a lot on account of a pretty bare farm system. I'm not giving up a more than a Top 40-30 prospect for him

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Huge defensive play to keep this scoreless. Musgrove was catching waaaaaaay too much plate vs Grandal, and his slider doesn't look sharp so far.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I don't think I said this last night but Reynolds' still seems like he's sort of slumping a bit, in that he's not quite hitting balls that he should. It might just be bad luck, but regardless, if that's even a little bit correct, it's sort of scary, because he's still working the count and seeing tons of pitches.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Reynolds/Bell...the reason it's 9-3 Brewers instead of Pirates. Games have been that close yet MiL has had their number

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Yeah, pretty sure that a slow liner which rolls into the corner is the only way he's getting a triple without somebody falling over or dying. I can't remember if he has another triple, but he must at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad