OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Down The Drain

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
at the end of the day the pirates stink at developing players above high a and this guy managed the aa team

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
at the end of the day the pirates stink at developing players above high a and this guy managed the aa team

I get the sentiment, but, to me, this is like saying, "That restaurant serves crap food so we fired the server that gets praised in all the Yelp reviews" when you should be firing the food buyer, cooks, and chefs since you can't force the owner to sell.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
To add on to my post from the last page, I do find it a little odd that they specifically singled out Ryan and not Indy's manager. I would have thought that with the struggles so many players on the Pirates have had when transitioning from AAA to the MLB, you'd start by looking at the AAA manager for not preparing them well enough. I know a part of it is just baseball, but who's the last player that was able to somewhat seamlessly transition from AAA to the majors for the Pirates? The closest guy was Meadows, who sucked in AAA with the Pirates and was a 0.0 WAR player in the majors with the Pirates.

I don't think you can expect guys to regularly come in and be good for you, but you should expect it to happen every so often. When the best transitions you've gotten are getting 0.0 WAR results from guys like Meadows and Frazier, you have to start asking questions there IMO.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
To add on to my post from the last page, I do find it a little odd that they specifically singled out Ryan and not Indy's manager. I would have thought that with the struggles so many players on the Pirates have had when transitioning from AAA to the MLB, you'd start by looking at the AAA manager for not preparing them well enough. I know a part of it is just baseball, but who's the last player that was able to somewhat seamlessly transition from AAA to the majors for the Pirates? The closest guy was Meadows, who sucked in AAA with the Pirates and was a 0.0 WAR player in the majors with the Pirates.
just looked at the tenures of the coaching staff in indy and it is brutal. all need to go as well. fire everyone for sure, stark/broadway first and foremost outside of the real change this organization truly needs.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA

Great training staff the Pirates have. He couldn't throw the ball when he rejoined the team but apparently that didn't matter.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
talk to me if thats in late june and not september. nutting likely expects attendance to nosedive about now

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5

This is literally the only promotion that the Pirates need to do. Marvel needs to get tested at the MLB level this year to see where he stands going into ST. With the current projected rotation, they're going to have to count on him at some point.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
The league needs incentivize winning. Maybe do something with revenue sharing. You get more if you win.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Batting title would be pretty cool, but I'dd be super impressed if he could end with a 3/4/5 slash line.

List of Rookies who went 3/4/5 in their first season with over 100 games played:

Albert Pujols (.329/.403/.610)
Fred Lynn (.338/.408/.576)
Mitchell Page (.307/.405/.521)
Bernie Carbo (.310/.454/.551)
Austin Kearns (.315/.407/.500)

Yordan Alverez (.310/.408/.657) and Frank Thomas (.330/.454/.529) are on the list if you lower the games to 60.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scandale du Jour

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
The Pirates organization seems to work like a bureaucratic cesspool. Just a bunch of people trying to cover their own ass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad