Raiders vs Knights

Jokerit 16

Feb 8, 2018
Finland
How will the Raiders compare in popularity to the Golden Knights?

How do you think the Raiders popularity will compare to the Golden Knights in Vegas? Obviously the city welcomed the Knights with open arms and fully supported them from the start. Think this will happen with the Raiders too?

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
The Raiders play eight home games a season and will likely pull half their game day audience from California and elsewhere. They also will probably sell merchandise around the country, especially California, really well. Football fans will also generally watch random football games more often than other sports, probably due to there being so few games. The NFL TV deals also take care of everyone well.

So they don't have to be as popular in Vegas to make money. I imagine they will be popular but I think the Knights have developed a relationship with the city that would be hard to overshadow. Plus many football fans have other teams here that would probably make the Raiders their second team at best.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Jokerit 16

Feb 8, 2018
Finland
Thanks for the a point of view. Ice hockey is much more entertaiment than American football. Its should be much more popular in states that is now

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
The Raiders will be popular, but I think among most Vegas sports fans, they will be seen as nothing ore than the carpetbaggers that they are. The Raiders are also an historically poorly managed franchise and those constant missteps will wear thin in contrast to the Knights.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
As someone who doesn't live in Vegas, I would say I love VGK (and am season ticket holder). I think the Raiders will be successful, because football is sort of a nationalized sport, but I couldn't care less about the Raiders - I make 40 trips a year to Vegas to see VGK (I'm only 100 miles away), I likely won't see the Raiders unless a friend invites me. And I doubt you'll see the level of commitment to the Raiders you see to VGK.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->