Raiders lose all three mem cup games

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
The Prince Albert Raiders did not win single round robin memorial cup game. Neither did recent champions the Seattle Thunderbirds or Brandon Wheat Kings. I remember as kid everyone saying the Q was the inferior league that was never competitive in the CHL championship tournament. So the question is..is the WHL inferior? Are there too many teams, is the talent diluted? What do others think?

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
Well schedule and distance play apart. Plus the WHL don't make the sort of ridiculous trades that both the OHL and QMJHL make. Maybe they should start.

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
I'm ok with it. My personal opinion is that winning your league is the most important. Winning the Memorial cup is a bonus. Take for example Kitchener a few years ago. It's nice they won as host but they were out of the OHL playoffs in the first round.

Reactions: wetcoast

Dust

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
I think the past 2 years the wear and tear has just worn down the WHL winners. I think Swift Current's WHL Championship 2 years ago was probably the most difficult one I can remember just with the way the playoff seeding and how good the East Division was that year. They had to go through Moose Jaw and Regina in the opening 2 rounds, and looked exhausted by the time they made it to the Memorial Cup. Similar thing with PA last year, long grind through the playoffs, getting to game 7 OT and then having to travel across the country to play in the opening game of the Mem Cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->